It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] bannings for false clues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These members were banned for abusing the form field on www.ignorancedenied.com
gravitron
TheHeggy

Please behave as adults.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
so does this mean that we shouldnt be trying combinations and words in ID or that we should just be respectful in what we enter now that its being visibly logged?

[edit on 8/17/04 by Star_and_Crescent]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Play the game.
But don't play a fool.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUNT_ADMIN
These members were banned for abusing the form field on www.ignorancedenied.com
gravitron
TheHeggy

Please behave as adults.

Banned from ats or just the game. How were they abusing it? Just keying in random info into the text box??

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ummmm, not just keying in stuff.
The things that were inputted were typed in to give the impression of false clues. There is a huge difference than just entering words or phrases.

They were deliberate to confuse everyone. Thus Not allowed.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm assuming The Heggy was the person who claimed to be in possession of the ring and that Smirkley had been terminated. I can understand being banned for that but I can't figure out what Gravitron did. He did mention the HTML tag thing...was that bad?

I was thinking that Gravitron was number 823653 because of the HTML tag thing posted on the d.i. site and his post on the forum about the very same subject. But maybe he was poster 201115188, who said he was going after JCM? It's kind of important to clear this up because if Gravitron wasn't 201115188 then there might be a clue in this post:

201115188 | anuejkwt ua swls

I'm sorry if I'm being thick about this but it isn't obvious to me which posts to disregard.

[edit on 8/18/2004 by dashcat]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hunt_Admin, may I ask a question relating to privacy? Every user has its own identifier in the log. Are those identifiers the IPs of the users? Because that's what they look like to me: e.g. 201115188 would be 201.11.51.88 or something similar.

If you use the entire IP, I would like to ask you just to use the first three numbers in the online log. I have a static IP and don't like my IP address for all to see.

BTW, I tried some sumerian words for sun, tower and ziggurat to test my IP hypothesis, but it didn't show up in the log. Don't think that it's a clue!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
it has stopped posting stuff. before i went to bed lastnight i didnt even see it below the picture, but when i got up this morning i looked at the log and tried to put something on there, didnt work. but i found out that the stuff i did before i went to bed is on the top of the log.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
After comparing the log with the IPs and the new logs, I see that there is no problem. The log uses this method to make an identifier of an IP:

abc.def.ghi.jkl

becomes

abdeghjkl

it leaves out c, f and i.

For example, 255.255.64.255 becomes 25256255.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ok I am back. But I'll try to be careful this time. That log site is just provoking all kinds of tests as can be seen from log. BTW have admins disabled html tags? If I test it again, I'll get banned again.

Yes, I think that my id in there was 823653, although I changed my IP some time before getting banned. But all my posts have been deleted, so luckily they can't confuse anybody. I admit that html thing was my work. I also posted other messages to make the person who was acting as -5- (The Heggy?) say was he/she joking.

Can the id generating algorithm create also 000000000? Or were these posts fabricated by inserting message separator elements.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm 8168131. It would be handy I everyone identified his/her own id so that we can look for clues. IP Info can get your ip for you and you can calculate your id using my explanation above.

000000000 can not be produced by that method. That's why the posts by 000000000 are clues.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
I'm 8168131. It would be handy I everyone identified his/her own id so that we can look for clues.

I am 22226222

I posted: 22226222 | this is JCMinJapan |

[edit on 18-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
20519168 | Nosferatu Zodd was here
2052114 | wha? i didn't do anything
Both me for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Discussions about ID's are now in a separate thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How come you got to come back and not Heggy?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe Heggy has got a static IP or can't get a new e-mail address (they ban it too). I read also a thread in the board discussions that if you can, then you are allowed to create a new account. At least my return didn't cause me any complications exept I lost my points (i didn't have much so that didn't hurt) and can't edit my old posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-8-2004 by tritium]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tritium
Maybe Heggy has got a static IP or can't get a new e-mail address (they ban it too). I read also a thread in the board discussions that if you can, then you are allowed to create a new account. At least my return didn't cause me any complications exept I lost my points (i didn't have much so that didn't hurt) and can't edit my old posts.

See I taught if you were banned it was for a reason. NOT so you could make another and come back.

new topics

top topics

join