It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a time slip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Something happened to me the other day that I can't stop thinking about

I was looking in the mirror in the bathroom and noticed I had a lot more grey hair than normal (didn't want to admit I have grey hair but hey). Don't seem to remember what happened after that - but looked the next morning and I had my normal amount of grey hair! Bit wierd - is that what is classed as a time slip?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Or a wrinkle in Time! Maybe you saw yourself from the future, and one day along this time-line you'll see yourself in the past. Mirrors are so sci-fi.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

There is a Red Dwarf (sci-fi comedy) episode called "Future Echoes" where the characters of the story experience moments "forward" in time, due to thier starship travelling beyond the light barrier.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ahhh time slips. I am getting them more and more frequently. Not long ago, when in was in Buenos Aires, Argentina, I visited a bar that I thought I'd spent much time in. I'd been there maybe once or twice before, over the years, but I felt as though I were a regular patron returning. Also I remarked casually to my friend that the place had had a new paint job!

My friend has lived in Buenos Aires all her life and this is her favourite bar that she goes to all the time. She said to me with surprise, that the bar did get a new paint job.... about eight years ago, before I ever went there. She also noticed how comfortable I seemed to be at the place, as though I'd spent much time there...

Also I was surprised to learn that Oprah Winfrey was still alive - she died of complications from surgery following a heart operation about 2 years ago - or so I was convinced!

I don't understand time slips, but they happen to me all the time, and that was just small example. So really maybe it was a time slip. If it can happen to you it can happen to me. I have seen small wrinkles around my eyes, loosening of my skin, just as strongly as I have felt many years younger. I am only 25, so that is bizarre.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

could be poor lighting?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I get a time slip every time I visit this site, view the new post fire hose and before I know it 4 or 5 hours vanish.
on a more serious note I find the concept of time slips very interesting how ever I never experienced one myself

top topics

join