It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekly World News joke: Obama throws “DOWNGRADE PARTY” at White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Weekly World News - known by fake comic news published interesting article about current US situation. Link

WASHINGTON - For the first time in history the U.S. credit rating was downgraded – and the White House celebrated in style!
Hell Yeah!

“The downgrade does not affect the White House,” said one White House insider, “we all just got 20% pay raises!”
They deserved it!

They all danced in a conga line around Tim Geithner, the Treasury Secretary, who seem unfazed by the downgrade...
“This is the best downgrade party I’ve ever been to!” said one young White House insider. “This is awesome!”

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The best comedy always has a hint of reality.

Still no official word from Obama. He's still on vacation.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
First black President .... first credit downgrade ..... a lot more firsts with this one but I'm sure I'll get flamed for the black comment ....

he was the one for change remember .... well you who voted for him got your change.

Heck even if you didn't you got some too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
First black President .... first credit downgrade ..... a lot more firsts with this one but I'm sure I'll get flamed for the black comment ....

he was the one for change remember .... well you who voted for him got your change.

Heck even if you didn't you got some too.
Well said, but Obama inherited a country in a really bad situation its not only his fault. Also you act like Americans had more persons to choose from to be president. McCain and Obama are the same # in different package.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Fichorka because: additional explanation

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's a little late in his term to use the "he inherited this problem" argument. While he DID inherit an economic mess, his administration (nor congress) did jack all to remedy the problem. Rather they made the problem worse with more of the same bad policy that got us into trouble in the first place.
There was a guy running for office in 2007 who might have actually helped, but they said he was a kook. Maybe he'll get a little more respect this time around.
edit on 8-8-2011 by therealdemoboy because: corrected running sentance.

top topics

join