It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in starting a survival group in Philadelphia,PA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have five years military experience. I have plenty of firearms and other weapons. Looking for people with similar interests in creating a survival group near or in Philadelphia (Preferably in Philadelphia/Center City). All skills are welcome. Every little bit of knowledge will help for a SHTF scenario.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have been looking for a possible survival group for awhile now. So I was pleased to see your post. Unfortunately I am a bit away living near state college pa. I have a survival pack prepared for the day I will need one minus the important weapons.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
what will you do, if the sh#t does not hit the fan ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

He will have met with several people who are like minded. They will have learned from each other and have better understanding from several view points..
Good luck OP..
Therian

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

if it doesnt hit the fan then
ive still got a great camping gear

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Looking for people with similar interests in creating a survival group near or in Philadelphia

Great idea but you might want to start this on a social network site. I believe it's against the ATS T&C to 'organize' via their site and I'd hate to see you get busted out here.

And really - you should be spending your time organizing something CLOSE TO HOME. I bet you'll find more people that live close to you by putting up fliers in your area than looking for others in your area who're on ATS.

For real? What good is it going to do to have all of ATS in a 'survivalist group' when you're more than likely going to be without internet and you're all located in different parts of the world? Or am I missing something?

Good Luck!
edit on 7-8-2011 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Good idea.
Here are some things to plan for.
You all need to start learning how to grow food.
Have disciplined formations and train with your firearms.
You've got to have an exit plan. The cities won't be safe.
You'll need to train to deal with flash mobs --> Soon to be called Wildings.
Try to keep religious beliefs separated and tolerant.
Come up with a name for your militia.
When the military comes to induct you all into the territorial army, don't resist or all of you will be executed without trial.

This is John Thomas of the Titor Project.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the Input and I don't really care what ATS says/does about my account for going against their rules. This thread was made for ATS members near or in Philadelphia. Common sense would say read the post and then reply. People just seem the skim threads around here... Anyway back to the topic at hand. One of your posts mentioned the internet going down? Well that is why I am trying to form a group before that would/could happen. If you're not near/in Philadelphia I would suggest maybe trying to start your own in your area. If you're still interested, message me or posts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The Internet is not going to go down when the U.S. starts to break apart. It will miraculously remain available.

Trust me. My future self has not been wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999

The Internet is not going to go down when the U.S. starts to break apart. It will miraculously remain available.

Trust me. My future self has not been wrong.

I thought you were describing an alternate timeline? Not the same one we are on now? Better yet, can you give us an exact date by which to prepare for?

I'm in Ohio, OP. Here's my skill set:

Hunting, fishing, gardening, mechanics, computers, cooking, quilting, and so on. I can drive any vehicle, and repair most anything mechanical. I'm the type you'd want around when the SHTF. However, it's gonna be hard to organize. Too many zombies. Peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
you might try the PrepperGroup.com forum here:

www.preppergroups.com.../prepper-groups-forum/

resource.... its up to you

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There will be people in a zombie state. I thought alot about this. It will be real difficult to discern who is who. We need some sort of body signal as a sign of who you are. I.E..5 taps to the chin..it is just an example. When shtf I hope to find fellow survivalist who prepared. I am in southwest TX.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Where do I begin.....

First off, Hey to the other from Ohio! Yay!

Second, you have to be very careful, not about ATS, but watchers of the big brother. Groups have been taken out by the Feds over the last few months. I am sure you heard of them on the news. Like that one group out of Mich. and Ind. who was foolish enough to have books on what to do if the local gov't declared Martail Law just for thier little group. They got taken out for being "home grown terrorists". They also got busted in the act of doing practice drills for that day. Be rest assured they wont be the last. Just don't let it happen to you.

Third, You should have asked people to PM you if they want to get in touch.

Fourth, congrats for trying to take a step forward.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Actually as an American citizen I have a right to form a milita need be. Not saying I am doing that i'm just trying to find like minded people. Some of you have the same feeling and it's always better to be prepared then have your thumb up your ass.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

do you make a good philly cheese steak?

what kind of cheese do you use?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
Actually as an American citizen I have a right to form a milita need be. Not saying I am doing that i'm just trying to find like minded people. Some of you have the same feeling and it's always better to be prepared then have your thumb up your ass.

Yes you have that right and its even giving in the Constitution. BUT the Patriot Act gives them the right to remove people who have like minded ideals in the name of National Security.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

No BUT if you want the best..you need to go to Carmens in the Reading Market.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good luck man, if I lived near ya id be interested for sure. What branch/mos btw? I was Army, 11b.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

best of luck to you and thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I make an incredible philly cheesesteak
the cheese most widely used is american, however, you can just go by what you like

the real secret is in the roll

its the roll that makes a philly cheesesteak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join