It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Edification Thread: Say Something Nice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edification (plural edifications)

en.wiktionary.org...

The act of edifying, or the state of being edified; a building up, especially in a moral, emotional, or spiritual sense; moral, intellectual, or spiritual improvement; through encouragement and instruction.

dictionary.reference.com...

ed·i·fi·ca·tion   /ˌɛdəfɪˈkeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[ed-uh-fi-key-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.an act of edifying.
2.the state of being edified; uplift.
3.moral improvement or guidance.

Sometimes, it seems as if there is so much negativity in this world. Everywhere I look it seems there is one thing or another. This makes me tired and I feel drained from all of this negative stuff/energy. I honestly believe we need a break from all of that, and that we need to have a balance of course! There is so much ''crap'' going on in this world that I decided I wanted to make an edification thread!

I want this thread to ''build people up'' instead of tear them down. Of course, I gripe quite a bit myself about this ole world , and the folk in it but we DO need to have a break from it all and have "balance''. or we wILL wear ourselves out!

So anyway, I thought this would be a good idea . I want this thread to be like this. Whoever posts next , say something nice about me/the one before them. Then the next poster is to find something nice to say about THAT poster. My wish is that folk would look into others profile and get a feel for that person and ONLY THEN respond to that person. Find one positive trait or quality that you find from the reading of some of their posts. Get the feel of that person..It can work..Find some good quality or something positive from the reading of their posts.. I want this to be an honest to God , nice thread! having said something positive about one another.

Do I make sense to anyone ? I hope you understand what I am TRYING to do... Trying to bring out something nice for once .We are to build one another up , you know?...

KJV Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers".

Think we can do this, and right? Who's with me?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Great post! Have an awsome weekend!

link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

SeekerLou this is a wonderful idea and i'm glad you posted this. You've shown me you have a good heart, that you are a good person, the type that others enjoy being with.

If you're having a bad day, or when someone lets the door slam you in the face instead of holding it open, please remember: you are special. you are a good person with a good heart. and you have made a positive difference in many peoples lives.

link   
Fantastic idea! These are indeed grim times. Well done for having the guts to put up a thread like this. You are a credit to our species!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
and what are the odds of all of you at the same time?

Ok someone gets to do three, have a threesome
.lol
edit on 6-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't think these things work. Too much "nice nice" just make the pessimistic crowd more agitated....

Nice thread by the way.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I don't think these things work. Too much "nice nice" just make the pessimistic crowd more agitated....

Nice thread by the way.

Boncho

I love you. You are bootylicious. You're radiant. You are the feeling in my legs when I've been sitting too long and my entire lower body falls asleep.

If that's how this works.

Actually, I've been seeing a bit of you around lately on these forums, and I particularly enjoyed your short stories. It was apparent by some of your posts that you have a 'way with words', and then I saw you're a writer [maybe not by title on ATS, but a writer none the less]. Keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

Hi Cin
It appears this thread is getting buried. Thought I would bring it back up in hopes it will get going.
Without 'checking you out reviewing your profile'... I psychically already know you are a good hearted person just by coming here and 'playing'. and lol at the bootylicious line
that was gr8. lmbo

I hope someone else will come along and say MORE about you, then in turn they get ''edified.'.... and this thread gets going. Hopefully, we'll get more in here.
Appreciate your reply and I LOVED it ! It sure made me smile and laugh! Good for the soul!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I'm glad you brought it back otherwise I would have missed the post that followed mine...

reply to post by Cinquain

Is that you talking or just the topic of the thread?

Not used to kind words, let me digest that for a second...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Glad I brought it back up for you to see, You, bootylicious thing you
Can I give you a hug? Not being used to kind words makes me want to hug you -- [[[boncho]]].
And I love ya too!

new topics

top topics

join