It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Goin' By The Book ~ Johnny Ca$h

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Johnny Ca$h tried warning us back in 1991 with his song "Goin' By The Book".

Here's the video for the song, **WARNING** Some graphic real-life images in video**

video link

The video really puts the times we live in into perspective. All of this craziness has been building for decades and we're now starting to see it collapse on itself.

1. Stock up on food and protection.
2. Pay off credit cards 1st and any other debts next.
3. Make peace with your maker if that's your thing.
4. Hope for the best.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Good song..

I loved Johnny Cash growing up..

First time i have heard this song..

thank you for posting it..

Sad how true it really is though..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Doesn't "the book" refer to the bible?

Cash had some serious issues - - he's hardly one to be preaching.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee one day you might see that we all have "serious issues".

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Love the Highwaymen ..and love Johnny Cash in his own right, he understood lifes impermanence.
We may ignore the suffering and pain of others, but we will come around again and again perhaps.... as a somalian straving baby .... who never sees a single drop of rain?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Doesn't "the book" refer to the bible?.

More specifically, he was singing about the Book of Revelation.

A Bible is a collection of books.

1. the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments.

edit on 8/6/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It takes a sinner to know the sin........

Its not your place to judge anyone, we ALL have issues, including you.......

Despite his "issuse" Johnny did a lot for the people of this world, and championed many causes........

Perhaps you could learn something from him

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've lurked long enough so this looks like a good place to make my first post.

I'm getting scared.. No, make that very worried. It seems like the whole world, or at least the civilization sitting atop it, is in a state of social convulsion. The level of chaos is just a matter of degree.

But anyone with open eyes can see that it is spreading, hence the anxiety I mentioned earlier.

I'm going to downplay natural disasters. They come and go, are usually localized, destroy countless lives, but we recover. The crisis we face today is a beast of another stripe. It's man-made. And it's going to be a challenge to overcome of a sort that hasn't be seen since the Great Depression. And it took a world war to wiggle free of that one. And war is not, or should be, the path we take this time to get to the other side of this chasm that we, or a select few of us, have dug.

I think the epicenter seems to be in the Mideast- no surprise there- with waves spreading throughout Europe with their massive debt crisis that's about to get out of hand. If nothing else, this will lead to a time of "austerity" throughout the region. But I think Europe's debt will probably lead to a sizable default. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm certainly not going to simply believe the lies of the central bankers or politicians anyone.

Ultimately, the wave will spread out in the other direction, eastward, and cause terrible job losses like the world has never seen in India and China, perhaps leading to insurrection and maybe even toppling governments, but not before we see civil war in a nuclear armed country. Can you imagine the danger involved in such a thing?

Our credit's been downgraded here in the US, and no one can say for sure what this means for our future. Higher prices for everything, no doubt, at a time when a large proportion of our country can't possibly afford another dime. Together with the housing crisis and out-of-control fiscal polices and deficit, the time to pay the piper has finally reached our shores. Is our government any safer than those that have already fallen in the Middle East? Would you bet your family's life on it?

Every generation predicts that theirs is the time of terrible crisis and change. I'm a Gen X'er, myself. Perhaps this is the time when "something" big is truly going to happen in the near future. A real game changer, a paradigm shifter, a time when generations to come will read a certain date in our history books and everyone, no matter where on earth that person resides, will know that that was the moment everything changed forever. I'm no believer in 2012 but it's certainly a big coincidence that the wave "seems" to be breaking right around then.

I'd give my left hand to know the precise date.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by revellyre

Not a bad first post by any means, I agree the chess pieces are making a pattern, and China invented Chess.
War and this War will be the Hell of Hells?
Perhaps the west should have used nuclear weapons in the Korean conflict?
No that would have killed millions but alas this time it may be billions.
Lets hope and pray for peace, but the signs ain't good?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well, I don't think we ever have to worry about being invaded by any other country (except Mexico j/k). It doesn't make sense to use nuclear weapons when there are other options... we all like keeping that "mutually assured destruction" card up our sleeve for emergencies.

Poverty and famine could be the problem for us in America. With famine comes diseases. With diseases comes quarantines and internment camps to isolate the sick from the healthy or healthy from the sick. Martial law.

But that would only be temporary (5 to 10 years). Once TPTB get the new world economy rolling along we'll pull ourselves back up and prosper again.

I think I'm most concerned about the Sun. All it takes is a direct hit from an X-Class or MEGA solar flare and our electrical grids could be fried along with all our other electrical equipment. F.E.M.A. memo I read said they think it could take up to 10 years to restore electricity to effected areas. Imagine 10 years with no AC, no refridgerator, no TV, cell phones, cars, or artificial lights! Man, that would suck BIG TIME!

The peak of solar cycle 24 is in mid 2013 and already we've had a few X-Class flares this year and it's just warming up.

Getting Ready for the Next Big Solar Storm

June 21, 2011: In Sept. 1859, on the eve of a below-average1 solar cycle, the sun unleashed one of the most powerful storms in centuries. The underlying flare was so unusual, researchers still aren't sure how to categorize it. The blast peppered Earth with the most energetic protons in half-a-millennium, induced electrical currents that set telegraph offices on fire, and sparked Northern Lights over Cuba and Hawaii.

In 2011 the situation would be more serious. An avalanche of blackouts carried across continents by long-distance power lines could last for weeks to months as engineers struggle to repair damaged transformers. Planes and ships couldn’t trust GPS units for navigation. Banking and financial networks might go offline, disrupting commerce in a way unique to the Information Age. According to a 2008 report from the National Academy of Sciences, a century-class solar storm could have the economic impact of 20 hurricane Katrinas.
Source article

Here's a NASA "family preparedness" message to their employees they released in June 2011

Here's a good explanation video of the threat solar flares cause to the Earth and humans.

I'm not trying to fearmonger. It's just good to know this stuff so that maybe people can prepare, like preparing for a very long camping trip. Also, when it does happen, at least "the informed" people will know what's going on and be able to explain it to others.

Yeah, solar cycle 24 has me more concerned than our economy right now.

Reminds me of another Johnny Cash song, "Ring of Fire."

Let me rephrase my statement: I'm not concerned about solar cycle 24 but I am keeping an eye on it. Until something catastrophic happens I will just go on living my happy-go-lucky lifestyle and enjoy my time while I'm here.
edit on 8/6/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

It takes a sinner to know the sin........

Its not your place to judge anyone, we ALL have issues, including you.......

Despite his "issuse" Johnny did a lot for the people of this world, and championed many causes........

Perhaps you could learn something from him

I am a huge - long time fan of Johnny Cash's talent.

Be careful how YOU judge and interpret.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe I should worry more about about natural disasters, considering I'm right on the coast of the PNW and we have that whole Ring of Fire thing going for us. I live in a range called the Cascadia subduction zone. Thirty miles off the coast is the Juan de Fuca plate. I've heard in our case, if the plate shifts, it would create a 9+ level quake and a tidal wave from the nether realm. Say goodnight, Seattle, Portland, me!

But I don't worry so much about natural disasters. I can't do anything about those except prepare for the aftermath.

If I'm around.

It's the man-made one's that I have my eye on. This last political "crisis" that the Dems and Reps just staved off with only seconds to go (sarcasm) and its consequences are what have me worried. Anybody know what that was "really" about? I have a few theories, none of them good for the common folk. I'm a disabled vet so a major interest rate spike would hit people like me like a heavyweight boxer's uppercut.

As far as the danger of solar flares, I've was reading somewhere that we might not be able to rebuild the grid at all. It simply wouldn't be possible. Something about the technology needed to fix it would have also been destroyed and we couldn't recreate the technology w/out the grid. With so much nearly irreplaceable tech destroyed it would almost be like starting from scratch.

If true, we would basically be shipped back to 1850 overnight! Except we would actually be in far worse shape because of prior natural resource consumption (i.e. all those empty mines and oil fields dotting the US). Not good.

I admit I don't know how difficult it would be to restore the electrical grid. My friend's an electrical engineer so I bet he knows. I'll ask him if I get a chance. But in the meantime, does anyone have a definitive answer?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Well, I feel TPTB have wanted a new world order and economy for quite some time now and for some reason they feel killing the dollar as the worlds reserve currency is the way to get people to want, beg for and accept the new world economy. George Soros has openly spoke of a New World Economy. The U.S. dollar is an annoyance in their efforts to get to this new world. Also, you have George H.W. Bush mentioning the new world order in a few of his speeches.

It's all part of that. I don't understand why they have to do it like this, though. It's going to screw a lot of good people over in the transitional process.

I've posted these on other threads but I guess they're relevent here as well;

In this video George Soros explains why the dollar must go;

Soros mentions how much easier it will be to control a new global economy with one global currency. Sounds all good but I don't understand why they have to do it in some sneaky conspiracy-like manner, although he DOES come right out and say it.

And here is George H.W. Bush saying why we need a new world order;

There ya go... that's why they're allowing this craziness to go on. They're putting on a show. Breaking a few eggs to make an omelet... sacrificing the few for the benefit of the many.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. In the meantime, enjoy life.

edit on 8/7/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Personally, I don't have an issue with your argument that TPTB want ultimate control, but it's not the dollar that's standing in their way. International bankers, or the FED, already have that pretty well cinched up and under their control, IMO. Whats the point of having a new currency when the dollar has worked pretty well in that role since post WWII, right? It IS an international currency, FAI&P. So there has to be more to it than that, or I'm missing a key point, which is more than likely.

Perhaps killing the dollar is a smokescreen- after all, these people aren't fools- and their real target is the destruction of the Constitution/BOR? Documents like the Patriot Act are their nails and terror is their hammer.

Feelings?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I think cause the dollar was never even worth the paper it was printed on.

Since Nixon severed gold from the greenback in 1971, the dollar's comparative value has fallen 97%. Money printing today will only hasten the currency's destruction. Source article

new topics

top topics

join