It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lib Dems to vote to decriminalise all drug use

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
An added benefit will be less people will be concerned
with political policies and the state of the country.

More sedated sheep

So does that mean that during the last 50 years people were somehow enlightened?

Study History.

This isn't the first generation that understood it has nothing to do with protecting the people.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok, I am officially a democrat now!!!! Roflmao, wait, no, no I'm not.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I've seen some coming down off of heroin after they were arrested. If I could have, I would have shot them. I think it would have been best for all involved.

I don't think it would have been best for the human being that was shot or his family. Mental disorder and substance addiction is a matter for physicians, I can imagine I would be pretty worked up too if I was kidnapped while in a desperate and vulnerable state.

It's not about a fair fight, so shooting fish in a barrel is fine with me.

Charming.

Yes, the crack heads are a bigger threat. Reminds me of when a cop was asked why he carried a .45. His answer, "Because they don't make a .46." .45 ACP, the anti-crack head.

Equally charming. Perhaps that thug should consider that it is his contribution to the violent lifestyle enforcement regime that drives up the price of less harmful alternatives to crack.

Back on drugs now. Smoke up people.

I would second that motion, but I think it comes awfully close to breaching ATS T&Cs.

I'm all for drug legalization, however employers shouldn't be forced to hire someone who's jacked up their brain.

Drug legalization is not the same thing as forcing employers to hire people who have jacked up their brain (whatever that means, alcohol does some serious brain damage though, fyi).

Anyway, I'd probably smoke weed once a year if it was legal.

Yeah.. don't wana go overboard on the safest drug a human can take. Best stick to the harder stuff for regular use.

I wonder what the Mexican cartels would peddle if drugs became legal in the U.S.?

Nothing. Less violence for all. Less funding for the thuggery on both extremist sides of the war.

edit on 8-8-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

Oh no! You fed the troll.

We still have a long way to go before love replaces hate, it seems. When we can love the people arround us and help them with their problems, rather than hate them, or be afraid of them, then we will be able to look after those in our society with drugs problems, rather than just wish we were allowed to shoot them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Haha yeah. :S

We still have a long way to go before love replaces hate, it seems. When we can love the people arround us and help them with their problems, rather than hate them, or be afraid of them, then we will be able to look after those in our society with drugs problems, rather than just wish we were allowed to shoot them.

Well said. Reminded me of a Hendrix quote: When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

It baffles me that so many people have such little understanding and compassion. That they believe it is moral to violently enforce certain lifestyle choices and that drug addiction is a problem best solved with violence.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

So, when a crackhead breaks into my house and beats the hell out of my kid, I'm supposed to have sympathy for him, and not hate this person? No thanks, the crackhead will get a slug between his eyes. Either on the first or 14th shot. I WILL empty the magazine.

As for "helping", have you ever heard of "Step 13" in Denver? Well, I give money to them. They don't pamper the addicts. They actually break them of their addiction. It's a good program with a huge success rate. I guess I'm just a "hater" though, right? Or is it a "troll"? As for being "afraid", I'm not personally afraid, but I do have fear for people less prepared to deal with a drug crazed idiot.

I'm so tired of the "you must feel sorry for them" crowd. Really? Why? Because they have some type of mental disorder? Sorry, not going to happen. Jeffery Dahmer had a "mental disorder". Hell, any "crazy" person, who kills, rapes, or molests has a "mental disorder". Are you telling me that Casey Anthony doesn't have a "mental disorder"? That excuse is a total load of crap. Period. They don't want to take personal responsibility, and that's all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why not just neutralize the seeded fields (weather minipulation) so no more grow there. WIth the freed up land in the countries where these crops once grew refarm the land for new crops to grow. ALL including tobacco fields, just sayen OTHERWISE ITS A JOKE, SO MONEY CAN BE MADE???

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So, when a crackhead breaks into my house and beats the hell out of my kid, I'm supposed to have sympathy for him, and not hate this person? No thanks, the crackhead will get a slug between his eyes. Either on the first or 14th shot. I WILL empty the magazine.

You're supposed to feel the same emotions any parent in that situation would feel. Taking drugs doesn't automatically mean a person is going to go around breaking into houses and beating up children though. Crack is a terrible drug, and it is thanks to prohibition and the war on drugs that so many people take crack. As I said before, these things artificially increase the price of safer alternatives. If you support prohibition then you support these desperate people having access to crack and little access to safer alternatives.

As for being "afraid", I'm not personally afraid, but I do have fear for people less prepared to deal with a drug crazed idiot.

Do you include overly aggressive drunks in your definition of "drug crazed idiot"? It is causes more domestic violence and assaults than any other drug on the planet.

I'm so tired of the "you must feel sorry for them" crowd. Really? Why? Because they have some type of mental disorder?

Many of them do and turn to drugs as a last resort.

Hell, any "crazy" person, who kills, rapes, or molests has a "mental disorder".

I agree with that. I don't think a completely sane person could murder in cold blood. But I guess it depends on your definition of sane.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They might as well, people will take them if they want to regardless if it is legal or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrugYou're supposed to feel the same emotions any parent in that situation would feel. Taking drugs doesn't automatically mean a person is going to go around breaking into houses and beating up children though. Crack is a terrible drug, and it is thanks to prohibition and the war on drugs that so many people take crack. As I said before, these things artificially increase the price of safer alternatives. If you support prohibition then you support these desperate people having access to crack and little access to safer alternatives.

Sorry, I'm 39, and I don't have that "parenting" gene for people relatively my same age. If, however, I saw kids (young kids) on drugs, I'd feel horrible for them and their parent. But and adult is an adult. I don't make any excuses for them. Like I've said, I'm tired of the "poor me" attitudes of adults, always blaming someone else for THEIR OWN decisions. I agree that prohibition raises the cost. It's the same for guns and ammunition. However, I highly doubt you'd think that a felon should own a gun, or that guns and ammo shouldn't be regulated or "prohibited" in some cases. In fact, I'd almost bet the farm that you think guns should be banned. I don't mind drugs such as pot being legal. Really, I wouldn't care if they were all legal. It just means I'd be employed, and the drug addicts wouldn't. Then again, why should I work and pay for their addictions and the medical costs associated? Legalize it, but don't let it cost me a damn dime.

Do you include overly aggressive drunks in your definition of "drug crazed idiot"? It is causes more domestic violence and assaults than any other drug on the planet.

Yes. I think pot is less dangerous than alcohol. Too many drunk drivers have killed families. If I was dictator for a day, I'd execute drunk drivers on the spot. So, let's get past trying to make me a hypocrite.

Many of them do and turn to drugs as a last resort.

So? Many paranoid schizophrenics murder as a last resort. Does that make it right? I don't think so. Silly argument.

I agree with that. I don't think a completely sane person could murder in cold blood. But I guess it depends on your definition of sane.

LOL. True. Everyone is crazy. HA!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I agree that prohibition raises the cost. It's the same for guns and ammunition.

In the case of guns and ammunition, raising the cost does not put more dangerous alternatives in users hands.

In fact, I'd almost bet the farm that you think guns should be banned.

I don't support violently enforcing certain lifestyles on other people.

Then again, why should I work and pay for their addictions and the medical costs associated? Legalize it, but don't let it cost me a damn dime.

I also disagree with the state robbing me to pay for the goods and services of others. If drugs were legal however, it would cost the taxpayer far, far less than what is being wasted in law enforcement, prison systems, courts and treatment for addicts. A lot of money would also be saved by a reduction in the social costs of alcohol use as many people turn to less damaging recreational drug use.

Yes. I think pot is less dangerous than alcohol.

As are nearly all illegal drugs.

If I was dictator for a day, I'd execute drunk drivers on the spot.

A bit harsh for a victimless crime.

So, let's get past trying to make me a hypocrite.

Not at all, just wanted clarification on what you consider a "drug crazed idiot" to be.

So? Many paranoid schizophrenics murder as a last resort. Does that make it right? I don't think so. Silly argument.

I wasn't arguing that it made it right. I was offering some insight as to why I feel compassion for them rather than anger and hatred.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug
In the case of guns and ammunition, raising the cost does not put more dangerous alternatives in users hands.

Figured you'd have that stance.

I don't support violently enforcing certain lifestyles on other people.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here. "Violently enforcing"? What?! Wow, that is stretch.

I also disagree with the state robbing me to pay for the goods and services of others. If drugs were legal however, it would cost the taxpayer far, far less than what is being wasted in law enforcement, prison systems, courts and treatment for addicts. A lot of money would also be saved by a reduction in the social costs of alcohol use as many people turn to less damaging recreational drug use.

As I agree with most of this on its face, you forget that most, if not all of that tax revenue will go to pay unemployment for the cops...LOL.

As are nearly all illegal drugs.

Care to elaborate?

A bit harsh for a victimless crime.

It's not victimless when they smash head on with a family. I'd do the same thing for someone running down the road firing a gun or swinging a sword. In all 3 instances, people may not be hurt, but it sure raises the risk of death.

Not at all, just wanted clarification on what you consider a "drug crazed idiot" to be.

Watch "Cops" or any other show, and see the morons who are high and committing crime. That would pretty much define it. This goes for drunks too.

I wasn't arguing that it made it right. I was offering some insight as to why I feel compassion for them rather than anger and hatred.

To each their own.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Figured you'd have that stance.

As it is the only logical stance to take..

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here. "Violently enforcing"? What?! Wow, that is stretch.

When you prohibit a good or service, violent or not, the only way to enforce that prohibition is with either the use of violence against people caught breaching the prohibition or with threats of violence against those who desire to breach the prohibition. This is not in any way moral.

As I agree with most of this on its face, you forget that most, if not all of that tax revenue will go to pay unemployment for the cops...LOL.

So it is better to have the cops ruin other peoples lives and do pointless busy work just so that they can feed their families with an "honest" paycheck rather than a benefit? And it would be a very small portion of the total money being wasted on the war on drugs. Another benefit is that we might get police that investigate actual crime!

Care to elaborate?

Many studies have shown the majority of illegal drugs to be less harmful than alcohol.

It's not victimless when they smash head on with a family. I'd do the same thing for someone running down the road firing a gun or swinging a sword. In all 3 instances, people may not be hurt, but it sure raises the risk of death.

There are already laws against smashing head on into a family. Wildly firing a gun and swinging a sword about are endangering people in the area (victims of the crime). Drink driving only becomes a real crime (a crime that has a victim) once the driver puts other members of the public in danger. A professional race driver, for instance, could drive home without endangering anyone (and probably be the safest driver on the road) yet have a slightly higher blood-alcohol level than legal. Drink driving is a victimless crime. Endangering other people with a motor vehicle due to incompetence, whether intoxicated or not, is a crime.

edit on 17-8-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The show Cops spends months and months filming for their footage. So no doubt they will come across drunks, druggies and insane people. They just use the best footage they have.

Socially speaking, the best way to make cops look the best is when they nick a crack user after he's smashed up a corner shop or something. So they will use that footage. If drugs were decriminalized you probably wouldn't have that guy smashing up corner shops, and you probably would be able to help him rather than make his life hell by throwing him in prison. When you alter the mind whilst taking some of the heavier drugs available, you are no longer the same person whilst that high active. I'm not saying it's not their fault, I'm saying people get them selves into stuff and it often spirals out of control.

Pimps get their girls addicted to heroin, then they have to work for the pimp to get their heroin. If they don't get their heroin they get very agitated which can lead to other problems. Often, they are forced into the usage of the drug, or mislead about its consequences as are most people that get involved with more serious addictions.

Some drugs, are harmless, people enjoy them like some people would enjoy a beer after work. I know for a fact, if everyone used cannabis instead of getting absolutely wrecked on a night out, ending up in hospital because they drank too much, we and the NHS would have a lot more cash to spend on more important problems. People die in drunken fights a lot, people kill themselves whilst their drunk, people rape and people can become very antisocial. Go for a night out anywhere in England and you will see some kind of conflict occurring outside a bar/club or even inside.

The drinking culture in England is nothing like what you might find in the USA. Alcohol is very dangerous, and I'm not saying "OH # BAN DRINKING". I'm saying the governments can't set a precedent of allowing certain dangerous drugs and addictions to be tolerated, then not allowing less harmful things such as smoking cannabis to be performed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Or more people waken up by elevating there mind and spirit to a higher level of conciousness through the use of cannabis, loljoke, but you get what im getting at, it makes you think more, question things more, it doesnt send u into a deeper state of sleep.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join