It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ah the power of modern day digtial enhancements and effects..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I ran across the vid on you tube ( of course) and I was just tickled at how amazing some of the vids were in realism, these are NOT real events and I am NOT trying to say they are..however I am saying that this is an example of how easy and cleverly some people can be in faking UFO vids...I think this was some form of contest and the 5 vids shown are the winners. The ghostly vids to me are not as realistic looking as the UFO vids. however as I said just goes to show how simple a vid can be created and displayed to the world.

Top 5 winners Video

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Great vid, OP. Just another example of what we're all up against in the fight for the truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
now a days a good CGI artist can make anything look legiet. Hell i bet thay could evan make me look like was "in shape" ahahah
i like the creepy avi op by the way
~jplaysguitar

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Even pictures from the 50s can be shopped !
all the fakes..if the real thing comes along..how will we tell ?

Im glad ATS staff has the ability to test videos

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Funny thing is as we all get more and more accustomed to seeing these, we will be able to get better and better at spotting them. Almost every video had an element (or more) giving it away, ususally very quickly. Frankly I'd like to say most of these were such obvious fakes that I was a little disappointed.

How about on a much larger, way more effective scale?

CJ

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's gotten to the point now where, for the most part anyway, I'm not even prepared to take video or photo evidence into any kind of consideration when it comes to uncovering the truth of paranormal/UFO sightings. The reason for this is that whenever I've been convinced by some video or photos, in every single instance, it has either gone on to be proven fake, or has been debunked to the point of being very likely to be faked. Now I only look at video or photo "evidence" for purely entertainment purposes. I will no longer regard them as viable evidence.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Pretty nice I don't mind seeing hoax vids once and a while to observe more of what could to taught in spotting them... but unfortunate that most of them look, over the top fake. Maybe next time they'll use less CGI and more older cameras and film.

edit on 6-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
While it does suck, sitting at the computer sifting through so many hoaxed videos, I think all the fakes have made us better researchers, better critical thinkers, and a lot less gullible.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You cannot believe ANYTHING you see. I think its fair to assume EVERY video put up for comment on this site should be considered fake until proven otherwise. I hate to be that way but everything is too easy to manipulate.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Who care how good computers get? I do it as a hobby, and am no slouch. But the very last thing I do when looking at a UFO video is actually concern myself with the video itself. Far too many things that need to be taken into account about a video first. Often, they can be dismissed within a few moments of seeing them, without any cgi now how anyway. I am AMAZED at the folks who see some of these videos and can't think for themselves, and instead cry that they want/need a cgi "expert".

Those of you with no computer cgi type experience shouldn't even worry. Logic, reason and common sense can protect you from OBVIOUS trash without so much as you having to lift a finger concerning the actual video quality/content.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just to clarify, I cant hoax any vids as my computer is a piece of crap

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If ANY of those clips in the OP were posted on ATS as real videos, they would be debunked and disregarded in less than a minute.

Convincing? Please...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Google TFH
he's the best!

new topics

top topics

join