It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Have not posted in a while but I'm a regular lurker, I haven't had much to post about anyway until tonight. I was just outside having a cigerette and a beer as a break from my work, when I saw four homogenous lights flying in a diamond formation in a south south west direction at coordinates 53.502968 -1.43706, now usually I wouldn't give this second thought. However moments later a bright orange light flew past at high speeds in what seemed liek persuit. I am an Aerospace engineer so I have studied aircraft and the principles of flight for a long time. Were it not for this jet in persuit I would have thought it was some space debris or other object burning up. The lights were silent and moving rapidly, based on the ceilings of the jets based near my location the Tornado and the Eurofighter, which ahve cielings of 50000ft and 65000ft respectivly I would say the lights were much higher then the jet and moving much faster at a much greater altiude. Unfortunatly i did not expect this I was just having a cigerette watching the stars so didnt have my mobile phone to catch a picture or video, but I still thought it was interesting enough to share. Any other witnesses or ideas to what this could be? I feel vulnerable that our airspace is so readily invaded. This was at around 11:00pm GMT.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon Quinn

No idea what the lights are, but have seen many anomolies in the sky over the last 6 months.

Is our airspace so vunerable that we are being invaded nightly? Or is it more likely that our Government is testing new aircraft at night in order to keep things under wraps (or so they think)?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Where about's in England are you?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If you are an Aerospace Engineer, would you mind sharing your opinion on the possibility of these crafts operating with Hall Thrusters?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great sighting and congrats! It would be nice to have multiple confirmations, so have you checked reports out of the nearest airfield? S&F, and don't forget to turn this in to your local UFO agency. There may be others within the area who've witnessed this and can help you to corroborate the sighting.
edit on 5-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I’m just visiting parents in South Yorkshire at the moment on the border between Barnsley and Rotherham. As for the nearest airport I wouldn't have a clue how to go about that but It would be interesting to find out if it was on any sort of radar, I assume as it seemed like a mid air pursuit the military had it on their radars. As for Hall thrusters I don't know too much about them but I assume being low thrust high specific impulse they couldn't operate within the atmosphere as a crafts primary source of acceleration; perhaps if they were accelerated by a type of rocket first, but even then to reach the maximum possible velocities of one of these types of engine would take weeks/months. I think the technology used here is either beyond our current comprehension or some type of high altitude scram jet. The fact there were four though, coupled with the budget cuts and the unnecessary waste of a country test flying four of the same craft makes me doubt this.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
about midnight when you saw these lights, i heard a very odd noise that seemed to be a prolonged engine noise. Yet it didnt fade nor did it get louder i looked out the window and could see nothing. Now i know the sound of usual aviation and jet fighters but this was completely diffrent. i do live in the flight path for heathrow and gatwick but i dont think this was such a plane as usually at this time of night i never hear single plane

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It seems strange, the events may be connect, the lights I saw would have been heading in the same direction. While I remain sceptical about the Alien aspect its hard to attribute the lights to being high altitude experimental aircraft, The craft would have been miles across if it were one vessel and having 4 experimental military craft seems in insubordinate amount of money to be spending on black ops testing. Aliens or not, it was certainly a UFO I am torn between rationality and what I saw.

new topics

top topics

join