It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Body Exsperience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just a quick thought I thought I'd share with you,

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What you had was a drug-alcohol induced "trip". I'd lay off of both. When you do that...and have one of these experiences...then we can talk seriously.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yes it is an example of the level of calmness you need however the people who get there using drugs and alcohol do not ever develop the inner strength and clarity required to make something useful of them. Without this stability it is easy to succumb to fantasy or mis-interpretation about the experience and end up hindering yourself more than helping.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Simply put...one needs to get the effects of alcohol and drugs for that matter...WITHOUT using them to do it. That may be over-simplifying things...but I trust you'll get the message.
edit on 4-8-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: c

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

That's not true. Drugs and alcohol can be used by people who have the experience to deal with them. There is nothing wrong with them as tools. It is the inner work that needs to be done so that they do not have a corrupting effect.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Agreed. You put it much better that I could. Thanks. Something my late brother said...."From taking so much '___' during the hippie days...now if I want to trip-out...I just stare at the wall!!"
He did...and he would. God rest his soul...
Thanks again for clarifying.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've actually been out of body mate..... and I've had a few pints tonight.....

So to be honest....

Enjoy the now man, stop worrying about what ifs and whens, it will only bring those about eventually. We exist outside our bodies, period.

\I'm telling you the truth, you can drink with morons and get bad advice, or you can drink with me and get good advice.
Top of the mornin' to ya!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

It's no problem. We have to be careful when addressing charged issues like drugs. Everything has its proper place its all about how we as individuals relate to them. It's not just with drugs or alcohol but also ideas, beliefs, people. People use drugs or relationships to mask personal deficiencies because they do not have enough self knowledge to properly deal with them. Yet we as a society tend to blame the tools for our personal downfalls and so things that can be quite beneficial in the right hands become blanket banned and thus a path of real growth for a certain type of person becomes removed.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother but at least he sounds like he probably knew this was all a trip before he flew off to the next one anyway.

Peace.

edit on 4/8/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Astutely correct again friend. And thanks for the words about my brother. We played in rock bands for well over 30 years, and Im still not over the loss. Thank you

top topics

join