It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sao Paulo council calls for Heterosexual Pride Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Sao Paulo council calls for Heterosexual Pride Day

hosted.ap .org

SAO PAULO (AP) -- The city council of South America's biggest city has adopted legislation calling for a Heterosexual Pride Day to be celebrated on the third Sunday of each December.

"The celebration of heterosexual pride is inappropriate because it belittles the just cause of the LGBT community," the statement added. "Unlike homosexuals, heterosexuals are not discriminated against simply for being heterosexuals."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes, I wish this were a joke. I wish I could put this in the Jokes Forum.

Firstly, the huge Gay Parade they already have in Brazil... You have a large group of people in the LGBT community who wish to not be discriminated against. And they do so by holding these parades and attracting as much attention as they can to themselves.

And then, when heterosexuals wish to celebrate their sexuality in a similar manner, the LGBT community claims heterosexual pride belittles them.

Why, oh why, please tell me...do we have to have two warring factions on each side of everything? Why this constant need to "win" over the opposing side?

Have sex your way. Be proud. I don't care how you do it or don't do it. What does either "side" hope to gain from this?

Stop with the attention-seeking and guess what? No one will care and no one will discriminate against you.

hosted.ap .org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Excellent points.

If we really need a parade to celebrate sexuality, then the equality extends to heteros just as much as to the homos.

Not so much for those into animals...gotta draw a line somewhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by kalunom

Excellent points.

If we really need a parade to celebrate sexuality, then the equality extends to heteros just as much as to the homos.

Not so much for those into animals...gotta draw a line somewhere.

Spot on.
Equality for everyone!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What's good for the gander, is good for the goose. (Not sure if that phrase applies here, feel free to change it mentally when reading.)

I'm not gay, I do have gay friends though. And I doubt they'd view me having a "Straight Pride" parade would upset them. In fact, I've joked about it several times before. It's just that some group wants to have something to nit pick at, that's all.

In fact, I'm celebrating my heterosexuality tonight... Giggity!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Heterosexual pride has been celebrated for millennia in the form of fertility rites.

The name of the parade may be controversial but the concept is not.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimultaneousFinal
Heterosexual pride has been celebrated for millennia in the form of fertility rites.

The name of the parade may be controversial but the concept is not.

RLY>>?>>

AND WHAT day would that be SIR>>??:

Oh that is right there is no day for heterosexuals.

Sounds like the homosexuals
are butt hurt

edit on 4-8-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Easter, jackhole.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
proud
-adjective, -er, -est, adverb

1. feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded as highly honorable or creditable to oneself (often followed by of, an infinitive, or a clause).
2. having, proceeding from, or showing a high opinion of one's own dignity, importance, or superiority.
3. having or showing self-respect or self-esteem.
4. highly gratifying to the feelings or self-esteem: It was a proud day for him when his son entered college.
5. highly honorable or creditable: a proud achievement.

i don't think you can be proud of something you haven't any control over, like being born in a particular country or having a particular sexuality.. unless you're proud of an actual achievement, something that can be credited to your own free will, it's just blatant egotism in my book..
edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

i don't think you can be proud of something you haven't any control over, like being born in a particular country or having a particular sexuality.. unless you're proud of an actual achievement, something that can be credited to your own free will, it's just blatant egotism in my book..
edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

Zealous displays of pride aren't everyone's ideal thing, but as you said in that definition of pride, it also means showing respect for oneself. If people want to display their pride at being a part of something, whether it be their nationality, religion, or sexuality, then so be it. They may not have chosen initially where they belong, but there is nothing wrong with people showing pride about what they've made of themselves from the situation they were born into.

Heterosexuals are actually quite often discriminated against, and they get away with it too. Many times I've been talking to a homosexual person, only to have them scorn me with a few contemptuous comments and name calling simply because I'm not gay. For instance, being derisively called by the term "breeder", I actually find that quite offensive.

In Australia, in Melbourne, there is even a nightclub that has banned heterosexual people from entering. It is blatant double standards. So I kind of support this heterosexual pride thing - just because it's a majority does not mean that we have to suffer double standards and contempt from the gay community. We should all just co-exist and live side by side as neighbours.

Society has enough division as it is. We don't need more of it based around something so trivial as being part of subculture.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

fair enough i guess, it just irks me when people go overboard..

Society has enough division as it is. We don't need more of it based around something so trivial as being part of subculture.

star for that my good man =)

top topics

join