It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can taste the TV.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I think it probably still is synesthesia. I also have synesthesia - though of different varieties than you - and I believe it can function in a kind of anticipatory mode. It does in me.

Maybe that's just what it is. I've had synesthesia since I was really wee. Dunno why but I have a gender and colour for numbers and letters of the alphabet and even the occasional bits of furniture.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I think it probably still is synesthesia. I also have synesthesia - though of different varieties than you - and I believe it can function in a kind of anticipatory mode. It does in me.

Maybe that's just what it is. I've had synesthesia since I was really wee. Dunno why but I have a gender and colour for numbers and letters of the alphabet and even the occasional bits of furniture.

Well that sounds like you definitely had a legitimate case of it. I have a variety with numbers also but the strongest variety for me is sound -> color and that version of it can generate the sensation before it happens. For example, a musical phrase from a well-known song though it hasn't occurred in the song yet can generate the synesthetic pattern it would normally evoke if I think about it. I anticipate it and it happens. Is it possible that your taste variety could be doing the same thing?

<< 1   >>

join