It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way out of chaos... The New Clothing Movement!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It occurred to me that the only way to bring down the powers that be is to use the same form of warfare only reverse it and direct it back at them. In the same way Hitler reversed a peaceful Buddhist symbol and turned it into a swastika for evil.

The powers that be bombard us with adverts, billboards, TV, music, news and so on.. all a form of conditioning.
All these platforms of information are all around us and overwhelmingly so.

So how do we fight back?

Each of us is a walking advert. When we don the latest pair of Nike sneakers.. or we throw on an Addidas Tee-shirt or sport the latest Gucci handbag.. we promote that symbol and others watch us and sometimes they are influenced into buying the same products.

We as human beings are the strongest forms of advertisement. We each hold the power to change others perceptions.

My idea or movement is quite simple but rather clever as well. It is a non-violent movement and it is one that can catch on very quickly if it is delivered through the correct trend.

Firstly we would need to establish a logo.. One of peace but also one that is both hip with the younger generation as well as the older generation. I am sure there are many designers on ATS that can come up with some brilliant design logos..

Second and here is where we would have to get our collective thinking caps on.. we would have to think up some very poignant phrases.. Things that really hit home...for example...

"We no longer serve the war agenda"
" We are of peace"
"Our generation is one of love"
"I am loving consciousness"

And so on.. Obviously these are very quick examples but im sure that there are members on ATS who know more about effective advertising than i do...

Thirdly we would need to find one small community, anywhere in the world. One where the multicultural element is very high. Where so many different cultures are meshed together. Reason being that it would show the rest of the world that it is possible to unify regardless of boundaries.

And last of all we would need some investment. Not much but enough to start up a free enterprise.

The aim would be to use clothing as the way out of the chaos.

Print tee shirts.. all incorporating this logo of peace. Plain white tee shirts with black writing and plain black tee shirts with white writing...

The big logo would be on the back in the centre.. big enough for people to see and have their curiosity aroused.
The front would have whatever said phrase on it...

This could become our most effective weapon.. one that would unify us in a common cause and also one that would peacefully bring about revolution.

It is important to consider such a movement now before the powers that be suppress our freedom of speech.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to contribute.

Note to trolls and flamers-don’t destroy i benevolent concept before it has a chance to grow please.

"And i walked into this community and i saw that the people had unified"
"It felt like the people had awoken to the same common purpose of peace and love"
"Everyone was wearing the same logo, and each of them had a positive and personal statement to make"
"It made me feel like i was home and that i belonged"

Many thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
can our dress code include guy masks and top hats and or fez's?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I like the idea but with most fashion, it pushed by peer pressure and fashion magazines dictating what young teens must wear et cetera.

But with the downside pushed to the side, another good way of getting this across would be actually print patches or iron on designs so that the overhead isn't so great to start with.

Another concept would be to create a music track to go with this design element.
That way it can be assigned as ringtones, so that those in control, if refuse to see it, will hear it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Peaceful protests ?! Against those poisoning us and the future generations ? Against those stealing our livelihoods and beating us up, dumping us in prisons, imposing on us abusive and one-sided laws, rules and regulations designed only to protect their wealth and income? Peaceful protests against professional killers ? Thinking this way, you are dead meat. They will swipe you off the face of this planet with a smile and a handful of cheap bullets… Rivers of blood will be flowing on every street before those nasty vampires will be done with. Brutal, violent fight is the only way and it is not by our choice. Stop dreaming pink butterflies, people.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Until I read your thread I had no idea I had been protesting for years already.
To me from a young age (now mid 30's) labels indicate a need to fit in, I never did and couldn't, I felt silly.
Like I was wearing some one elses clothes, Not to mention most of them at the time I was a teenager were manufactured in sweat shops for better profits.
NO labels for me, and none for my kids. I drove my mother nuts, by the way..

I own and walk around in what ever I feel like it, even if that means a shirt I have ripped for comfort, a pair of jeans cut to the knees or higher depending on the mood, my husbands cargos a camisole and thongs etc
I understand where you are coming from I just don't see this happening short of a 'major' global disaster, even then you will find the opportunists who will try to better themselves off the backs of unfortunates, and the unfortunates wont be thinking about fashion.
Recycle recycle recycle.
Shop at Vinnies, and keep it simple. You will find you reduce the stress by shaking off peoples opinions about what you are wearing. I'm sorry but I don' think this would work at all. Remember Bennetton...Colours of the world?

www.benetton.com...

Beautiful photography and even more beautiful models,even went to school with a kid who was in one of their adds....good thing the shot was of the back of his head
(snort!)

Even that is 'designer', and out of reach by most today.
Good luck though s & f for you as well for good intentions

OO OO OO! Wait! Slogan....".Wear what you want!"

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
can our dress code include guy masks and top hats and or fez's?

You can put what you like on your head..

It's mainly the messages on the teeshirts that is of importance here.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
Peaceful protests ?! Against those poisoning us and the future generations ? Against those stealing our livelihoods and beating us up, dumping us in prisons, imposing on us abusive and one-sided laws, rules and regulations designed only to protect their wealth and income? Peaceful protests against professional killers ? Thinking this way, you are dead meat. They will swipe you off the face of this planet with a smile and a handful of cheap bullets… Rivers of blood will be flowing on every street before those nasty vampires will be done with. Brutal, violent fight is the only way and it is not by our choice. Stop dreaming pink butterflies, people.

The only way to win is not to protest violently. If you do then they will just get to you with bigger and more deadly weaponry.. you will only p*** off a sleeping giant.

The only true way for revolution to work is to play no active role in their game but instead create a reality free of anything they have to offer.

Ghandi once said an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
To me from a young age (now mid 30's) labels indicate a need to fit in, I never did and couldn't, I felt silly.
Like I was wearing some one elses clothes, Not to mention most of them at the time I was a teenager were manufactured in sweat shops for better profits.

I own and walk around in what ever I feel like it, even if that means a shirt I have ripped for comfort, a pair of jeans cut to the knees or higher depending on the mood, my husbands cargos a camisole and thongs etc
I understand where you are coming from I just don't see this happening short of a 'major' global disaster, even then you will find the opportunists who will try to better themselves off the backs of unfortunates, and the unfortunates wont be thinking about fashion.
Recycle recycle recycle.
Shop at Vinnies, and keep it simple. You will find you reduce the stress by shaking off peoples opinions about what you are wearing. I'm sorry but I don' think this would work at all. Remember Bennetton...Colours of the world?

www.benetton.com...

Beautiful photography and even more beautiful models,even went to school with a kid who was in one of their adds....good thing the shot was of the back of his head
(snort!)

Peace

Thanks and trust me i understand.

The idea here though is not to make a profit. It is to find investers in a community idea. Once the money is invested and the teeshirts are printed we literally give them away. We engage the youth who in my area would jump at the chance of free trendy clothes.. and all the more if it inspires a positive message.

Until it eventually catches on in that community and we start to see young kids and adults popping up everywhere wearing the same kinds of teeshirst only with different messages on them...

It would be a great way to get media interest as well...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Why don't we all go naked...that's quite a fashion statement....

Getting media attention would be a no-brainer.

Des
edit on 4-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Recycle recycle recycle.

www.benetton.com...

(snort!)

Peace

Thanks and trust me i understand.

The idea here though is not to make a profit. It is to find investers in a community idea. Once the money is invested and the teeshirts are printed we literally give them away. We engage the youth who in my area would jump at the chance of free trendy clothes.. and all the more if it inspires a positive message.

Until it eventually catches on in that community and we start to see young kids and adults popping up everywhere wearing the same kinds of teeshirst only with different messages on them...

It would be a great way to get media interest as well...

I re-read your thread the other night because I had been thinking about your idea.
Generating capitol for the idea is the problem, what about something like this instead....

We all know teenagers with a facebook or twitter or whatever the heck else is being used. Right?
No cost protest
Flash mobs have a similar effect...
Design/Have a symbol that means or represents 'their' uncertainty or apprehensions about the future based on 'Adults' running things now.
A day is picked where they pin a copy/spray/paint/sew said symbol to their persons.
Your emphases was youth and it's been my experience they band together better than most adults do, it is a good idea you have. I would be interested to hear how it's going.

Can you imagine what would happen if they did? It could certainly be an eye opener for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Thirdly we would need to find one small community, anywhere in the world. One where the multicultural element is very high. Where so many different cultures are meshed together. Reason being that it would show the rest of the world that it is possible to unify regardless of boundaries.

There already is such a community. It's called The Federation of Damanhur.

new topics

top topics

join