It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Wyden Demands To Know How Many Americans Are Under Surveillance Under The Patriot Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I commend the actions of Senator Wyden to demand to know how many Americans are under surveillance, but if the Senator had really wanted to be awoken, he should have first requested to know, exactly how many Congressmen and Senators are under surveillance.

This to me would have, I feel served his purposes even better than some astronomical number that will be somehow conveniently be "adjusted" to show only a few because of course they don't want us to know that they are conducting massive surveillance for political reasons on those deemed a problem to the Obama regime.

If the good Senator can't get a straight answer, then funding should be cut off from any agency that reports felonious data to those in Congress or to the Senate. In the meantime, I and others would also like to know not just how many, but for how long and based on what evidence if any contributed to such surveillance?

Are there political dissidents in the list? I think this would be key to understanding much if we can only get a truthful answer.

We as a nation need to get these answers and more and if we do get such answers, this whole nation will be better informed of just how much abuse and for how long such abuse has been going on while hiding behind national security and the patriot act.

I just hope the Senator gets a straight answer from those he requests information from because something tells me the Senator will never be told the data or the truth of such a secret that would of course embarrass the Obama regime with its claim of openness and being transparent in action.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
who under government surviellance:

anyone critical of government
anyone critical of obama
anyone ex military
anyone who clicks on a site thats written in arabic
anyone with half a brain really.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
who under government surviellance:

anyone critical of government
anyone critical of obama
anyone ex military
anyone who clicks on a site thats written in arabic
anyone with half a brain really.

well.... um..... I can't read arabic

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

At this point, we should assume that a bill's true function is opposite to its name.

"Patriot Act" = spy on Americans.

"Food Safety Bill" = Wage war against small independent farmers.

The "Financial Regulation Bill" (signed in 2010) = according to Ron Paul, it should have been renamed the "Federal Reserve" empowerment act.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by lowundertheradar
Good post and question, op! I'd also very much like to know who's on that list and suspect that a lot of us ATS users are in there, somewhere.
S&F!

releasing information to the public as to who is under surveillance would devastating to some communities I would think. Just imagine if your neighbor was on the list, what kind of thoughts would you think every time you saw him/her?

Many people are probably under surveillance for very minor reasons, and releasing the names of those people would cause others to imagine the worse...I know I probably would. It would lead to needless mass panic about their neighbors.

This sight is an excellent example of imaginations gone wild. Often a very simple idea or theory will set imaginations on fire and some times the imagination heads to the dark side. We need to have disclosure I agree; but limited to numbers and statistics, and not names in my opinion.
edit on 3-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

How would this be any different than people who are on the sex offenders list?
Most of the people on that list are people who pissed in the parking lot of a bar or screwed their 17 year girlfriend
when they were 18.

Will the neighbors take the time to find that out?
NO!!!!
They will just assume you molested a baby while it was still in the womb.

We deserve the right to know who is on these lists but we also need to realize that just because you are on "THE LIST" doesn't mean you're a bad person.

The act is not for child molesters and rapists it is for those who pose a threat to national security in time of emergency when the government needs complete control and compliance with the people. Those of us who feel the need to revolt, the hippys, conspiracy theorists, the raw dairy people just busted, Ron Paul advocates, people who try to spread the word and probably us for being involved with a conspiracy forum website will be the likely people on the list,,unfortunately, Its pretty scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join