It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does is it real or fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hi again from france
Looking information for ice melting
is this is real
if yes it can t be a fake
Has someone clues?
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 8-17-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Definitely a fake. Snow is White. North pole is white, always has been.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
ANd a storm with sand??
it can be real don t u think??
if weather are changing and glace melting!!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.arctic.noaa.gov...
Grr it s a fake someone has found it funny to modify pic
sorry i have found my answer!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
www.arctic.noaa.gov...
Grr it s a fake someone has found it funny to modify pic
sorry i have found my answer!

I knew it all along. Sand in the North Pole lol. Obviously a fake. I live in Canada I know what the North Pole looks like. I have experience harsh cold Toronto Winters. Not to mention the wind-chill. Hope the Summer never ends.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
searching i have also found this

www.arctic.noaa.gov...

jra

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think it's just the way the exposure is on the camera.. it just looks like it has a sandy colour, but if you were there in person it wouldn't be. Notice some of the clouds in the sky are the same colour. My guess is that the sun is at a bit of a low angle... being on the north pole and all. So that makes the sunlight a warmer colour.

So yeah i think it's just an effect of the low angle light and the cameras exposure against a bright white surface.. also this appears to be some kind of webcam type thing. This one is decent quality, but they tend not to be the most accurate with colours.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well lets see,

I doubt they are fake. Today was the hottest August day in recorded history for Anchorage. So much of this state is on fire that they are no longer attempting to put them out. Concentrating on saving structures. New Orleans has an air quality alert due to Alaskan fires. Between Kamchatka, Russia, the Alaskan Peninsula, and the Arctic Ocean seabed there are probably ten or more active Vocanoes.
As I said in an earlier post. "It is very hot around here."

TUT

Volcanoes with elevated level-of-concern color codes:
Last updated: Friday, August 13, 2004
Mount Spurr, Cook Inlet, Alaska, Level YELLOW
Details of recent activity.
Veniaminof Volcano, Alaska Peninsula, Alaska, Level YELLOW
Details of recent activity.
Shishaldin Volcano, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, Level YELLOW
Details on AVO updates page.

Bezymianny Volcano, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia, Level YELLOW
Klyuchevskoy Volcano, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia, Level YELLOW
Karymsky Volcano, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia, Level YELLOW
Sheveluch Volcano, Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia, Level ORANGE
www.avo.alaska.edu...

Underwater volcanic activity in the Arctic Ocean far stronger than anyone ever imagined! (This strongly confirms my belief that underwater volcanic activity is heating the seas; not human activity.)

German-American researchers have discovered more hydrothermal activity at the Gakkel Ridge in the Arctic Ocean than anyone ever imagined.

"The Gakkel ridge is a gigantic volcanic mountain chain stretching beneath the Arctic Ocean. With its deep valleys 5,500 meters beneath the sea surface and its 5,000 meter- high summits, Gakkel ridge is far mightier than the Alps."

Two research icebreakers, the "USCGC Healy" from USA and the German "PFS Polarstern," recently joined forces in the international expedition AMORE (Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge Expedition). In attendance were scientists from the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry and other international institutions

www.mpg.de...

And here is a endless amount of links and articles that exploe the climate change possibilities. After exploring the possibilities of what Mother Nature has in mind for the Planet it sure places all the political drivel in its proper perspective. Which is mere mortal "useless and pointless knowledge", Dylan.

www.iceagenow.com...

TUT

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ty for your answer
it is very accurate
and only whose who don t want to know or are afraid to open eyes will deny
but it is so closed with so many points ...
Bye

E_T

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I think it's just the way the exposure is on the camera.. it just looks like it has a sandy colour, but if you were there in person it wouldn't be. Notice some of the clouds in the sky are the same colour. My guess is that the sun is at a bit of a low angle... being on the north pole and all. So that makes the sunlight a warmer colour.

So yeah i think it's just an effect of the low angle light and the cameras exposure against a bright white surface.

Wrong white balance might cause things like this but it's not low angle of sun.
In fact even now in northern Finland and Norway nights are as dark as cloudy day (sun barely sets), but that will change totally in coming months.

Setting sun causes reddish color like this, not brown-yeallow.

BTW, strong winds in Sahara desert can rise sand and carry it at least to central Europe.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm in the Caribbean and we get Saharan sand storms once in a while...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Having spent a fair amount of time on glaciers, red snow is nothing new to me.

The colour is made of algae growing in the top layer of the snow. The algae is red (as far as I can remember) to protect themselves from concentrated sunlight, occurring when the light passes trough ice crystals.

More red snow

As mentioned above, it looks like the photo is underexsposured and has an incorect whitebalance. However, red algae could provide a base colour, aplefied by a dodgey digital photograph.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Does the pic i saw seems to be red for u??
And this link
www.nzherald.co.nz...
Is it a normal weather for the season?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Algea get my vote. Maybe dust and polutants.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN

is this is real
if yes it can t be a fake

[edit on 8-17-2004 by Valhall]

lol.

new topics

top topics

join