It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking advice on bad dreams/nightmares.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Over the past few months, my fiance has noticed a change in my sleeping, due to the fact I keep waking her. She says I'm kicking, shuffling around, consistently restless, and worst of all, not allowing her to get quality sleep. My problem is, I have no memory of any of these dreams, although they are happening more frequently, as evidenced by my fiance sleeping in the other room when I awake in the morning. Apparently, she doesn't like being kicked and elbowed in the middle of the night.

Is there any advice anyone can give, or has anyone dealt with a similar problem? My fiance seems to think I'm fighting something, or running from something in my dreams. The problem is, I can't remember any of it! Yes a started keeping a journal by my bed, but it's empty, because I don't remember a thing. How can I actually investigate the problem when I have no memory of the problem?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's very possible that this happens before the mind reaches the point within sleep to create an actual dream. Does she wake you soon after going to bed, or closer to the normal time you would wake up? Have you changed sheets recently or anything that could be bothering your sub-conscious mind?
edit on 3-8-2011 by TheReasonableSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If you want to remember your dreams you have to return your biological processes to their most natural state. Sound sleep being the focus of this endeavor, you should try:

- No caffeine for several days, outside trace amounts
- No smoking
- Going to sleep at the end of the day and waking up with the rising sun
- Healthy whole foods, and no food after 7pm
- No contact with electronics a few hours after waking up in the morning and before going to sleep (no late nights on the computer!). The EM fields disrupt your sleep patterns.

Get this right and your body should produce the chemicals that regulate sleep in their proper amounts and you can start remembering your dreams again. The last step is to go to sleep with a focused intention to remember everything that happens when you awake.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would suggest vodka before bed.

Always keeps me nice and quiet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I always used to kick about when I slept, chances are I still do.. Don't know what to suggest in terms of advice, maybe try leaving a bit more distance between you and her when youre sleeping! Or maybe less, less room to lash out lol. I doubt it's because of bad dreams unless it's a recent thing.. Have you been sleeping irregularly recently?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
...you first have to establish that your fiance is telling the truth, so set up a video camera with a motion detector but dont tell her and, unless you enjoy kinky, make sure you turn it off if you plan on doing the old heave ho prior to sleep...

...if the video shows you are doing the watusi in your sleep, i would suggest taking an hour long easy stroll at dusk and stay away from lasagna cuz its a sure-fire nightmare creator...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses so far. The kicking and elbowing, is recent, maybe 3-4 months old. Sleeping pattern hasn't really changed, and falling asleep isn't a problem. My fiance goes to sleep about two hours before me, and doesn't awake when I go to bed. I'm extra quiet.

It's normally around 2 or 3 am, that she says I awaken her by kicking, and mumbling, or elbowing her. She then can't fall back to sleep because I do this every few minutes for the rest of the night. Of course, I remember none of it, as I've said. It's not just shifting or moving around. She says it seems like I am fighting for my life in my dreams.

Other info which might help. I rarely drink. Don't smoke. Eat pretty healthy, and workout 4-5 times a week. Being in bed when the sun goes down is not an option. I do take melatonin to help sleep. But me sleeping doesn't appear to be the problem. I'm sleeping through all of this. It's the dreams which worry me, because in the 5+ years we've been together, its only happened the past few months, but at an increasing rate, almost every might, and they seem to be violent dreams. Also want my fiance to get her beauty rest.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Toxicity is the first thing to look for.
Mercury silver fillings will poison you
fish are high in mercury.

foods have 3000 chemicals added to them,none really safe
water has chlorine,etc

Second is vitamins,b,c,e,d, etc
calcium or magnesium vitamins will contain mercury

top topics

join