It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chainsaw has been picked up a lot more lately in the rainforest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was reading some news regarding the Brazil rainforrest there made me very sad. It seems like Brazil is not living up to the expectations they promised not that long ago (2009).

That is making me both sad but also very upset. Personelly I think the forrest is very imporant for all of us, therefore I am providing this “news” to all of you.

I hope aswell that you are not “tired to death” due to all the information already existing on the subject.

Source

TS:

There are still more trees felled in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. Over 300 square miles disappeared in June.

Alone in the month of June there where more than 300 square kilometers of forest destroyed in the Brazilian Amazon rainforest, and that is 17 percent more than in May.

At the climate summit in Copenhagen 2009, Brazil committed themselves to reduce deforestation by 80 percent by 2020.

It is the Brazilian national institute INPE, which comes with the new numbers
INPE keeps via satellite, among other eye with the rainforest in South America.

A preliminary analysis of satellite photos of the forest shows that 312.6 square miles disappeared in June.

In May disappeared "only" 268 square kilometers, and it was a significant decrease compared to the 400 square kilometers, which was destroyed in April.

Deforestation in April took place in the state of Mato Grosso, the agricultural areas just to the rainforest.

Brazil is the world's fifth largest country in terms of area.

The country has 5.3 million square kilometers of jungle and forest, but only 1.7 million square kilometers of the forrest is under state protection.

The rest are in private hands, or its ownership is disputed.

TE.

Hopefully you will find the news just as intriguing as I did and maybe even fell a little sadness in your hearts.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have very little to say...

but I feel it is important to share this.

Seriously though... chainsaws aren't necessarily evil. Are these forests being managed? Replanted?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I have very little to say...

but I feel it is important to share this.

Seriously though... chainsaws aren't necessarily evil. Are these forests being managed? Replanted?

Hi mate, please fix your video?

Thank you.

Also no the Chainsaw was a little surpricing - Called a Motorsav on Danish. Sounds cool though so I just sticked with that word.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
here you go

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Thank you.

They are going all out those people I gotta say that.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join