It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gruesome Video from Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Graphic content

New video, uploaded showing bodies of alleged protesters being dumped off of a bridge.

This conflict is getting worse by the day.

What would America do?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good post. The Gestapo will probably be in here any second since it shows whats actually going on out there though..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good post. The Gestapo will probably be in here any second since it shows whats actually going on out there though..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Propaganda.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the nightmares.

I don't even know what else to say, besides, we don't want a bite off of that sandwich.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Thanks for the nightmares.

I don't even know what else to say, besides, we don't want a bite off of that sandwich.

We should hope that the American people never really get serious about revolution here in the USA, because if our own federal government felt threatened enough, their brutality would be no less than the Syrian regime is toward their own people... BUT, we would likely treat the dead with a bit more respect?

Enjoy the sandwich?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Propaganda.

edit on 2-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

Really? Can you please explain or elaborate?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Isn't it obvious. Everything about that video is alleged, nothing about it can be authenticized. Should I take your word for it?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Isn't it obvious. Everything about that video is alleged, nothing about it can be authenticized. Should I take your word for it?

Take my word for it...Those are some mean bellyflops!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

No you shouldn't, we don't know much about it at this point, and I suppose that the whole thing could be Hollywood special effects, mixed with some great acting.

Though this one seems to be real, too real for some I suppose.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Uh, yeah, ok...

Why did you post that video anyway?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Because I thought it was important enough to share here.

No other reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

OK.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well I was more suggesting that we don't want to intervene in that situation, because that's some kind of brutality that can't really be fixed. What you're talking about is something I wish seemed impossible.

Either way, that's too much of a #fest for us to even think about participating in. It's crazy how much worse that looks compared to the fighting in Libya did. Who knows how many piles of dead bodies there are in Syria right now.

I guess get ready for a hairy ride, because some kind of evil wind seems to be spreading..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What can we do?

I say nuke the whole lot of them...

Let them start fresh with whoever survives...

Hell i would rather be nuked then die and be *burried* like that..

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce

Well I was more suggesting that we don't want to intervene in that situation, because that's some kind of brutality that can't really be fixed. What you're talking about is something I wish seemed impossible.

We had no problems intervening in Libya, and covertly in Egypt... I suppose there is no real commodity there that means anything to the west... Just a people inspired to rise up against tyranny and a brutal dictatorship... People who are being literally slaughtered.... We inspired these people, so in a way, in my opinion we (the west) have blood on our hands there.

Libya was a "limited kinetic operation." according to Obama.

Syria should be called a "limited hands-off operation"?

Or maybe a "Look the other way non-operation"

How about, a "we don't give a damn"?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Some related news:

www.globaltvedmonton.com...

AMMAN - The death toll in Syria's bloody crackdown on opponents of President Bashar al-Assad in the city of Hama and elsewhere climbed on Tuesday and Russia said it would not oppose a UN resolution to condemn the violence.

Russia, an old ally of Syria, had long resisted any such measure by the UN Security Council, where it holds a veto. The Foreign Ministry in Moscow cautioned that any resolution should refrain from sanctions and other unspecified "pressures".

On that same news page is an image capture of the video posted here... and the comments about that video...

A screen grab taken from footage broadcast by Syrian state television and released by the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) on August 2, 2011 allegedly shows men who the government said are "saboteurs and members of armed gangs" carrying bodies of Syrian soldiers before throwing them into the Al-Assi (Orontes) River in the flashpoint central city of Hama, as activists said Syrian tanks shelled the city amid a crackdown on anti-government protests.

So apparently, I had it all wrong here, or did I?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Which would you prefer?
A Muslim theocrazy with Sharia law cutting your hands and feet off,
or killing you for being raped?
Or a brutal dictator keeping the fundamentalists in check?

Remember we got rid of Saddam Hussein and 5 million people
were displaced from their homes during the civil war, 2 1/2 million are now refugees
in foreign countries. Then there was Iran.........
Next will be Egypt, then Libya...........

edit on 2-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"What would America do?" Let them kill each other. You cannot change their outmoded way of thinking. American taxpayers shouldn't get involved with the problems of other countries. Then again the best solution would ultimately be to nuke them, if all else fails.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
People act as if America can act unilateraly in this situation. The fact is it can't. I am quick to critisize the hypocrisy of the U.S.A and the double standards it offers. However, the reality of the situation is that Syria's geographic position is far more crucial than Libya's ensuring a divide amongst the international community in what should be done. It is in a central Middle Eastern location bordering Israel and Iraq. It is crucial for Russia and China to prevent U.S occupational military involvment in Syria. In fact strategically it is necassary for both Russia and China, to maintain a Syria independent from the U.S.A.

I am positive that all the major powers would prefer an accomadable liberal-democratic non-independent government in Syria, however the reality for China and Russia is that this isn't a fact.

The U.S itself is involved in 3 wars and simply posturing itself in severe condemnation against Syria would signal some form of involvment. The kind the the US cannot be involved at this time.

The thrid major point, which may be relevant more so for some rather than others is the fact that Syria has almost no oil reserves.

Those saying that America should Nuke Syria are complete and utter idiots. There is no way to synthesize their view point other than being complete #heads with no sense of logic, rationality and compasion. What is happening is a revolution which appears to have demands for democratization. The majority population are attempting to bring forth some sort of reform (seemingly along liberal-democratic lines) yet you are saying the Western power should just Nuke them. Instead of 1600 deaths over a prolonged period of several months of protest you are saying America should just kill 200,000 in the blink of an eye because people are protesting for what you call Western values.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join