It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. recovers $180 million in cocaine from sunken submarine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A narco submarine (also called narco sub, drug sub and Bigfoot submarine) is a type of custom-made ocean-going self-propelled submersible vessel built by drug traffickers to smuggle drugs. They are especially known to be used by Colombian drug cartel members to export coc aine from Colombia to Mexico, which is often then transported overland to the United States.
The first detected in 1993, were semi-submersibles since they could not dive; most of the craft was submerged with little more than the cockpit and the exhaust gas pipes above the water. The modern narco submarines are fully submersible submarines. Narco submarines are designed specifically to be difficult to detect visually or by radar, sonar and infrared systems.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
could this be related to that?

Man snorts block of unknown substance, dies

stunning...

I doubt it, but that story is fascinating. It deserves a thread of its own

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by okamitengu
could this be related to that?

Man snorts block of unknown substance, dies

stunning...

I doubt it, but that story is fascinating. It deserves a thread of its own

Hmmm, desperation can be deadly. One should make sure that what they are putting into their body is what they intend to put in their body.

Haha, just remembered in high-school a friend bet that he could snort a sour skittle, he succeed. He said it was like shoving a can of acidic air fresher up his nose or one of those car scent trees. It took days to stop smelling and tasting the skittle. Haha, I haven't eaten a skittle since.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Have you guys ever read the story about the two women who found what they thought was coc aine and snorted it, turned out it was powdered '___'. Each snorted about a gram (I think). A normal dose back then would have been about 500 to 1000 micrograms meaning they basically inhaled more than 1000 doses at once. They were said to have halucinated for two weeks straight if not longer, its been a long time since I read this story. I would hate to make a mistake like that. It would have felt like years to them, years of living in Hell.
edit on 2-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

As you said earlier "Desperation can be deadly"

Police in Florida say teenagers they arrested as suspected burglars admitted to snorting the stolen cremated remains of a man and two dogs because they mistakenly thought it was coc aine.

"It is definitely very odd to have them stolen in the first place," Marion County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Jenifer Lowe told AOL News. "Then, what they did with them is just beyond bizarre, to me anyway."

Source

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Its not really worth $180 million is it? I mean if it were available and did not require huge risks and submarines to transport it would probably be only worth $10 million.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hi for all of you having a little hard time with the pounds:

It is 7.5 Tons coc aine we are talking about.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

7.5 Tons

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Not so very long ago Linda Molton Howe reported the sudden and mysterious deaths of Leopardsharks and other sea-creatures near the coast of San Fransico.

The sea-biologists couldn't and maybe still can not explain the stressed behaviour and the soon to follow death of the animals.

The public was asked to contact the marine authorities in SF if they have some suggestions or maybe answers to the investigation.

I e-mailed them that the erratic behaviour and death could maybe because of such a sunken coc aine-submarine. These submarines travel from s-america to the coast of the US and because they are home-made subs anything can go wrong.... unexpected.

The location of the animal die-off would not suspect the subs to be the cause but you never know how crazy these drugs-trafficers are...maybe just because the police would not expect to find a sub in that location.

Linda Molton Howe Report

edit on 3-8-2011 by zatara because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Not so very long ago Linda Molton Howe reported the sudden and mysterious deaths of Leopardsharks and other sea-creatures near the coast of San Fransico.

I e-mailed them that the erratic behaviour and death could maybe because of such a sunken coc aine-submarine. These submarines travel from s-america to the coast of the US and because they are home-made subs anything can go wrong.... unexpected.

The location of the animal die-off would not suspect the subs to be the cause but you never know how crazy these drugs-trafficers are...maybe just because the police would not expect to find a sub in that location.

Linda Molton Howe Report

edit on 3-8-2011 by zatara because: grammar

Seven and a half TONS of coc aine just might do that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join