It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of European men share King Tut's DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, Western culture is rife with Egyptian symbolism, with obelisks, pyramids, paintings and other Egyptian artifacts. Look no further than our dollar. Coincidence?

Isn't it interesting this scientific FACT is met with politicking, disbelief and downplaying? Par for the course in the age we live in. Sad. People like to bash Christianity and Islam and Judaism, but I think the religion of political correctness is far worse.

So anyway, the unbelievable thing about this story is that this was known for a long time and just came out. All you need to do is look at the mummies and their bone structure - and now DNA testing backs what your own eyes can see. Still wont stop crazies from denying in the name of their religion, lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiskyKisses

I rather resent that. You claim this theory (which I don't even agree with) to be a racist theory, and then you go and make a broad generalization regarding Caucasians. As a white historian who thinks this theory is nonsense, I am insulted sir.

sorry sir i apologise...it was not an attack on "whites" but an attack on eurocentrics...who have degrees...claiming the impossible...and people sit up and listen....

seems that any historian who links europeans with any historical artifacts...gets an audience...

that said...iv worked with many good "white' egyptologists..who actually get embarressed when they hear such claims getting airtime....

its like me saying king arthur was african...then making a claim on his dna....

no ill feeling.

peace
edit on 2-8-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandestconspiracyofall
Yes, Western culture is rife with Egyptian symbolism, with obelisks, pyramids, paintings and other Egyptian artifacts. Look no further than our dollar. Coincidence?

Isn't it interesting this scientific FACT is met with politicking, disbelief and downplaying? Par for the course in the age we live in. Sad. People like to bash Christianity and Islam and Judaism, but I think the religion of political correctness is far worse.

So anyway, the unbelievable thing about this story is that this was known for a long time and just came out. All you need to do is look at the mummies and their bone structure - and now DNA testing backs what your own eyes can see. Still wont stop crazies from denying in the name of their religion, lol.

yea but they are claiming he is foreign because of his fathers religion (sun worship)...so it seems that they are linking race with religion....

you dont think its cute how europeans test it..then claim he is european...with this logic...if the chinese tested the dna..he would be chinese lol

any..they have ignored the signficant amount of dna linking him to the royal line

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
yea but they are claiming he is foreign because of his fathers religion (sun worship)...so it seems that they are linking race with religion....

Why would he be considered foreign? This new theory based on his DNA states there was a connection long before Egypt was even around by thousands of years. That part of his bloodline could have theoretically migrated into Egypt long before recorded history. Also, he could [for all practical purposes] have an outward physical appearance of being either Black or White which really is irrelevant [He was a Royal] meanwhile locked away in his genetic makeup have the genes of both.

you dont think its cute how europeans test it..then claim he is european...with this logic...if the chinese tested the dna..he would be chinese lol

Speaking of the Chinese and earlier Khan...
Yet, how many Chinese have Khans genes? I'm not saying this is the case in Egypt but, it isn't like there are no historical precedents of a foreign ruler ruling over a vastly different [genetically speaking] peoples....

any..they have ignored the signficant amount of dna linking him to the royal line

Actually you seem to be the one showing your ignorance of how DNA tracking and it's significance can impact a line. If True, Again this wouldn't surprise me if Tut and modern Egyptians only had a 1% connection. He was of a Royal bloodline. They [the Egyptians] are or would have been "Commoners" not exactly who the Royals would want to have mixed with. It might help if we removed modern era stereotyping and ignorant racial thinking from the equation and try to look at if from their perspective....

I'd also like to see who else he has DNA ties to?
[FOR THE RECORDS] I suspect they will also find Upper Egyptian Nubian genetic connections as well...

Just a hunch.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

In a couple of thousand years time people might look at america and say that their dna is mostly european and african and then people like you will laugh at it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So he wasn't just a child king ? He was also a child stud. I guess I will agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

In a couple of thousand years time people might look at america and say that their dna is mostly european and african and then people like you will laugh at it

yep..because they were red indians....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you dont think its weird that of all the pharaohs...they chose tut to test dna of pharaohs...

he lived during the most complex time in egyptian history....there was evidence of usurpers to the throne...foreign influence in the cults...religion change...etc etc...

why pick a pharaoh that "might" be mixed...then claim he is european....its dodgy propagnda..

from the records, tut had the most chance of being foreign...which is why Ay & Horemheb killed off his family.

i might sign up to this swiss study....im 100% sure im more linked to this king then any european...

peace

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

why pick a pharaoh that "might" be mixed...then claim he is european....its dodgy propagnda..

I havent read anything yet claiming he is European. I do however see you making many assumptions with this regards about a supposed claim.

It is said they share a "common ancestor" not that he was European.

Those are two completely different scenarios.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Hey There, Springheeled --

Rate of Growth etc. Bone / post mortem examination of the mummy suggest Pharaoh Tutankhamun was just under 19 years old ('reigned' as a child for barely 9 years) when he died (apparently of an infection following a broken bone in the shin area just below the knee - probably from (?) some kind of chariot racing accident ( - I mean, how many 18 year olds do you know that DON'T like to race, given the chance?) or maybe somebody just (ahem) 'pushed him over a railing' to get him out of the way quickly (perhaps someone like his chief counsellor 'Good Ole General' Ai, who succeeded him (a commoner/non-royal !) and managed to marry Tut's young widow - over NeferTiti's desperate objections and her letters to the Hittite Princes abroad to send Egypt a healthy Prince - and quickly too !)

I suppose we're lucky that Tutankhamun's Tiny Royal 'spare room' Tomb had only been ransacked very quickly - probably immediately after the burial leaving most of the goods intact (the thieves back in 1323s BCE went after the bejewelled eyes of some of the statues and took out the contents of most of the unguent perfume jars, apparently very valuable to them !) but left most of the goodies we found in 1922 intact when the priests sealed it back up...how curious that 1/2 of the furniture belonged to NeferTiti herself (with her name scratched out at the last moment, and Tutankhamun's name scratched in and painted over - talk about not being prepared for his untimely death - obviously..!)

Poor guy - he was born TUTANKH-ATEN then at age 9 the priests of the 'old Religion' rebelled against Ankenaton's reforms and re-instituted AMUN worship, and made him change his royal name to TUT-ANKHAMUN then was buried in a makeshift tomb full of borrowed furniture- but what beautiful stuff they found (next to alot of cheap junk items apparently - anything he touched whether of value or not was thrown into the tomb - sort of like having a gemstone stone as big as the Hope Diamond in a Golden Case sitting right next to some old, cheap tupper-ware cups on the same shelf in some modern day superstar's Tomb !)

Go figure...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Apology accepted sir, and I couldn't agree more with the face palming around eurocentric historians. Working on my PhD in history as we speak and the amount of ignorance to be found in a supposedly "advanced" group of peers is bloody ASTOUNDING! I feel your pain...

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

you dont think its weird that of all the pharaohs...they chose tut to test dna of pharaohs...

It is not a weird story at all if you actually look into it.

It was done to try to confirm the identity of the mummy they were pretty sure was Akenaten. They are reasonably sure they have Tut and that Tut is Tut and not a fake or mislabeled or something. So they did a paternity test using Tut and the mummy they thought was Akenaten.

They were only going to release the yes or no results, but in the documentary they made about the process, you could see quite a bit of the actual data on the computer monitors. So it was either accidentally leaked, or it was a fake accident, a way to get the information out gradually. The official and complete results of the study have not been released, as far as I know.

So you do know that if Tut was R1b then his father was also R1b, right?

It doesn't mean he couldn't possibly have looked 'black' but it would mean that his patrilineal ancestor was a European. After all, this is true for about a third of African American men. For contrast, something like 90% of men in Colombia have a y-chromosome of Spanish origin and thus their patrilineal succession goes back through Spain.

Egypt has a long history. It should be pretty obvious that something like modern 'ethnicity' played some sort of a role in changes to the power structure, and that no one 'ethnicity' had a monopoly for rule of Egypt for its entire history.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
There's a lot of myths and legends about this.

One such legend states that the Egyptians had been in contact and trade with Europeans during the families dynasty. And when Tut was murdered, his sister and any remaining family fled north towards Britain. Not sure if there are any legends saying they came from Britain, but did read the one that said they fled to Britain.

Yeah the basic Scottish founding legend with Scotia.

But Egyptian contact with Europe is not at all legendary, it's completely real and legit.

First of all, the distances involved are rather tiny. A healthy grown man can walk 20 miles a day easily...in just about 4-6 hours actually. So if you can stay supplied, you can cover 1000 miles on foot at a reasonably easy pace in a mere 50 days. There are plenty of European countries you can walk across in a week or two without even really pushing yourself that hard.

The boating routes across the Mediterranean are easy enough to this day that they are southern Europe's major source of illegal immigrants, and especially recently, refugees. The easiest destinations are Spain and Italy. The Tunisian refugees are mainly heading to an Italian island called Lampedusa, and plenty of them have done it on some shoddy floaty things that barely count as boats.

Most importantly, a lot of Greece wasn't really even habitable back then at large scale (i.e. cities) without imported food (mostly grain) for both people and livestock. The little islands are rocky. The main land is rocky.

For the Greeks, the major sources of that imported food were Egypt, the Black Sea coast(which makes ancient Troy and the area around today's Istanbul very important, eh?), and Sicily. So if you wanted to be a big deal in Ancient Greece, you needed a Navy to protect those vital trade links.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It appears that this information is not well met....

here is another source to 'argue' against...

medicalxpress.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Didn't they find evidence that he was murdered? A blow to the head?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes King tuts dna reveals him as being of European, Celtic origin. Not only that but also remember his skeleton was examined by a team of forensic experts that concluded:

“First a CT-scan-based skull model was made for forensic anthropologist Jean-Noël Vignal of the Centre Technique de la Gendarmerie Nationale. Vignal typically works with police to reconstruct victims of violent crime. He identified the skull as that of a male, 18 to 20 years old, with Caucasoid features. "

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Below is a photo of King tuts grandma!

Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Dr. Zahi Hawass said:

"Tutankhamen was not black, and the portrayal of ancient Egyptian civilization as black has no element of truth to it”

herecairo.blogspot.com...

Also analysis of Pharaoh Ramses II revealed:

"After having achieved this immense work, an important scientific conclusion remains to be drawn: the anthropological study and the microscopic analysis of hair, carried out by four laboratories: Judiciary Medecine (Professor Ceccaldi), Société L'Oréal, Atomic Energy Commission, and Institut Textile de France showed that Ramses II was a 'leucoderm', that is a fair-skinned man"

www.egyptorigins.org...

One of the earliest sights of Egyptian civilisation is at Hierakonpolis in north Sudan along the Nile (Predates the great pyramid) Analysis of hair taken from the mummies revealed:

“ Most of the hair samples are cynotrichous (Caucasian) in type as opposed to heliotrichous (Negroid). Though most hair found is a natural dark brown and wavy, one ancient man had curly, naturally red hair.”

www.rom.on.ca...

As for hair used to construct ancient Egyptian wigs analysis showed:

“Dr. Fletchers results gave evidence of the “pre-dynastic” Egyptians hair type displaying an array of many differing hair colours and shades known as ‘Celtic Colours’ ranging from: very dark brown, brown, red/brown, dark blonde and blonde, colour that is seen today in North Europe and North America. Also the hair ‘type’ (which was also used in the entire construction of the ancient Egyptian wigs) was not of the wrongly “supposed” Negroid type but was found to be 1Cynotrichous hair.”

www.redbubble.com...

Dna extracted from the bones in tombs marked as the workforce who built the pyramid confirmed that they were not black but were genetically related to modern Egyptians.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Yes King tuts dna reveals him as being of European, Celtic origin.

um......burrrrrrrp!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't see anything unbelievable about it. Does DNA lie or something. I mean WTF ?
Do you have any proof of a hoax here stud ? Please bring it. Otherwise well... you know.

I could go as far back as Luxus' thread on Atlantis with this." Faroe Island "?

Glad to see this OP. Star is all you get till you learn to type or at least hen peck like me.

edit on 24-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
:
edit on 24-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This whole Afrocentric idea that Black Nubians ruled in Egypt has been completely disproven. In actual fact there were heavily fortified borders to keep Nubians out of upper Egypt. This again is supported by dna science which shows that the influx of blacks into upper Egypt only occurred in the twilight years of Egypt as it collapsed and borders were no longer maintained.

The Afrocentrists often likes to paint the picture that black Nubians were pushed out of Egypt by modern Egyptians in later times who wanted to steal their glory…sorry but dna science again puts a end to this rubbish.

edit on 25-10-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
This whole Afrocentric idea that Black Nubians ruled in Egypt has been completely disproven. In actual fact there were heavily fortified borders to keep Nubians out of upper Egypt. This again is supported by dna science which shows that the influx of blacks into upper Egypt only occurred in the twilight years of Egypt as it collapsed and borders were no longer maintained.

The Afrocentrists often likes to paint the picture that black Nubians were pushed out of Egypt by modern Egyptians in later times who wanted to steal their glory…sorry but dna science again puts a end to this rubbish.

edit on 25-10-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

ok the word "nubian" was not used by the pharaoahs...the dark black people they fought are NOT modern day nubians.

secondly...like a famous nubian song...."i am the son of menes and taharaq"
thats the first pharaoh...and the last real pharaoh.

lastly..UPPER egypt IS nubian land.....so it was others not nubians.

dont get confused...our dna is apparantly 95% like apes....or 67% like mice.....the dna argument is flawed.
the dude was a nubian

i would only go as far as saying...europeans share his dna.....and not,.... he has european dna.....
after all, ramsees 2 daughter, Scota, who was related to tut, started the celtic origin

peace

edit on 25-10-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join