It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords returns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Washington, D.C., Monday to vote on the debt limit compromise bill. "Gabrielle has returned to Washington to support a bipartisan bill to prevent economic crisis," she tweeted. Giffords was seriously injured in a shooting rampage in Tucson, Ariz., in January that killed six and left 12 others wounded. Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We are all glad to see that she is doing well enough to make the trip. Hopefully she continues to recover and one day make a full return to Washington.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nice Distraction...

The bill is another last minute piece of junk.

Less of an increase is not a cut.

Run it through at the last minute.

"Pass the bill to see what's in it" sound familiar?

We got played again....Then they blame it on the Tea Party.

Priceless

ADD: I am thankful for her amazing recovery...I meant her no disrespect.
edit on 1-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba kush

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
www.nypost.com...

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Washington, D.C., Monday to vote on the debt limit compromise bill. "Gabrielle has returned to Washington to support a bipartisan bill to prevent economic crisis," she tweeted. Giffords was seriously injured in a shooting rampage in Tucson, Ariz., in January that killed six and left 12 others wounded. Read more: www.nypost.com...

I am glad she survived but really really wish she would have given up her seat.
I can't stand the woman's political views.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Nice Distraction...

Priceless

Looks like the Democrats used her as a joker card. Bring her back surprisingly and have her vote "yes" so the ones who were undecided would be pressured to vote yes since she did. Once she voted "yes", you could see all of the Democrats just jumping on board voting "yes" after she did.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
have to agree with the previous posters.

giffords return was staged to get sympathy for the democrats

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Quick look over there!

Political theater in this country is getting a little ridiculous. I honestly wonder if people are buying into this stuff anymore?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

She tweeted all that, huh? Methinks someone else is tweeting for her. That said, I'm glad she is recovering so well! But yeah, definitely looks and smells like a feel-good-about-the-deal PR stunt to me.

July 8, 2011 - Giffords progress

However, the congresswoman does receive 24-hour help from a home care assistant, and she still participates in speech, music, physical and occupational therapy

According to Giffords’ doctors, she still struggles to speak and walk. Right now there is still no way of knowing how long she will require therapy. Narayan said in many cases it lasts years, but emphasizes that the next few months of slower recovery could be more difficult for Giffords’ than it was immediately after the accident.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I for one am NOT glad that she is doing well enough to make the trip. She is nothing but a crooked politician just like the rest of them as evidenced by her vote... Or perhaps that was just the brain damage that caused her to destroy our children's and grand children's future for a little reprieve from responsibility.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'd suggest asking the mods to send her a congratulatory email but I have a feeling seeing ATS might make her relapse :/

Morose joke over with, I wish her all the best in her return to her profession.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I agree that she most likely didn't tweet that all by herself. She is requiring too much therapy right now for me to believe that she is ready for this kind of thing. I really don't care what her politics are, I don't think she is capable of big decision making right now and may never be.
Good off site content you added- It pretty much cements my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Nice Distraction...

Priceless

ADD: I am thankful for her amazing recovery...I meant her no disrespect.
edit on 1-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba kush

And guess what? Gabrielle Giffords voted for the bill, even though i don't thin k she actually did vote.

join