It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Changes to Unemployment Law in Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
employers need to drug test fro alcohol also. if one can be turned down for marijuana than beer should also be included.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
Just my opinion...but if you are to take a skills evaluation test,( and let's say you were a welder for 15 years until you were let go from your job) the test would be used to show that you needed to apply for welding jobs, or possibly something in construction.

What happens when there are not 5 jobs available for you to apply for? Would you not get a check then?

I know the tests are there so if you are a welder, you can't apply for jobs as a doctor, or rocket scientist, or beautician, so you would be denied employment, thus continuing your unemployment benefits.

Plus. Internet access is an expense some unemployed simply can't afford.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Oops

I'm surprised that the USA is just getting around to doing this. This has been Canada's way for decades now.

A job skills test doesn't mean you cannot apply for other jobs, up here employers can go into an unemployment office looking for people with certain skills, and there they are - they are on file.

It would be stupid to apply for a job as a doctor, if you're not a doctor. Or a rocket scientist. Although there should be nothing wrong with applying as a janitor or something similar at a hospital, or NASA.

There are always jobs a person can apply for, the job doesn't have to be available, you just have to apply. It shows you're trying.

Up here, internet can be accessed through libraries, or through the unemployment office, free of charge.

I disagree with any form of drug testing though, things stay in your system for too long to be relevant.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by newcovenant

I find it how IRONIC!! you are obviously not thinking things through, Or maybe you are against Ron Paul's beliefs..I bet you are also AGAINST PERSONAL FREEDOM too..Do you realize that the drugs which are the most damaging at every level are usually never detected? Such AS Meth, '___', Cocaine are processed out of the body very rapidly and many never 'pop' a drug test. Do you realize how much corruption, added expense, and 'sweetheart' testing contracts will float around the 'connected'?
yet someone who, after a stressful day of trying to find a job, hits a joint to lower their stress levels will be penalized.

Do you think a being should be free to do what they want with their bodies as long as it doesn't harm others?

I guess someone collecting unemployment is "beneath you" huh? I'm sure that whatever job you do that there are at least 1,000 unemployed people in your state who could do it just as good as you, if not better. Only arrogance would deny this.
Supply and Demand could dictate that one of those unemployed found a way to replace you for half the wage, then would you take a pay cut to keep your job, and then the cycle perpetuates. when you start to THINK completely, you may begin to understan that THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH JOBS TO GO AROUND..So, in the future you could either take a large pay cut or be completely unemployed one day.

Have you invented anything? or saved the world? enought times to be on the moral high ground elevated enough to spout Sheeple babble about further restricting personal freedom.

That was a great response. Not everyone is out for a free ride either. The emotional toll it takes on ones ego must be more than disheartening. Even more disheartening to be chased around with a needle for a blood test. Kick em when there down! Some people are just heartless and can't think beyond their own feet.

Chit happens to everyone. It will eventually happen to the person you responded to. Then the cries will be heard of how unjust the system is. Guarantee it!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

nice Avatar, is it a 'sheeple' connotation?

I find it how IRONIC!! you are obviously not thinking things through, Or maybe you are against Ron Paul's beliefs..I bet you are also AGAINST PERSONAL FREEDOM too..Do you realize that the drugs which are the most damaging at every level are usually never detected? Such AS Meth, '___', Cocaine are processed out of the body very rapidly and many never 'pop' a drug test. Do you realize how much corruption, added expense, and 'sweetheart' testing contracts will float around the 'connected'?
yet someone who, after a stressful day of trying to find a job, hits a joint to lower their stress levels will be penalized.

Do you think a being should be free to do what they want with their bodies as long as it doesn't harm others?

I guess someone collecting unemployment is "beneath you" huh? I'm sure that whatever job you do that there are at least 1,000 unemployed people in your state who could do it just as good as you, if not better. Only arrogance would deny this.
Supply and Demand could dictate that one of those unemployed found a way to replace you for half the wage, then would you take a pay cut to keep your job, and then the cycle perpetuates. when you start to THINK completely, you may begin to understan that THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH JOBS TO GO AROUND..So, in the future you could either take a large pay cut or be completely unemployed one day.

Have you invented anything? or saved the world? enought times to be on the moral high ground elevated enough to spout Sheeple babble about further restricting personal freedom.

Lets start at the beginning: They are not sheeple...they are sheep. And that is a dog.
You have perhaps been online so long you cannot tell the difference.

You find it ironic I am not thinking things through....What makes you think I am not thinking things through?
And where is the irony in finding a news story and posting it? You are being a little ridiculous. I think you are using words and you don't know what they mean.

Next come some accusations from far right field...Ron Paul?
I barely know who he is so how can I be for or against him?

"I'LL BET YOU ARE AGAINST PERSONAL FREEDOMS TOO!" What a surprise...you are wrong again.
I am for more personal freedom, more liberty and more legalization.

Next you go on a rant worthy of any self respecting pusher.
I smoke. I don't drink or do any other drugs and yet I cannot be hired for many jobs unless I go a month without it. Yes it is a bitch but I am not fighting for my right to stay stoned so some dead beat can take their unemployment check and go buy drugs. You think I am not inconvenienced? You are damn right I am but if it means less corruption in the system for others and if it means someone who is staying home smoking pot all day INSTEAD of looking for work will not be able to I will make the sacrifice.

So unemployment is beneath me? You are SURPRISE wrong again.
I have been on unemployment and I know all the scams people use to stay on it until it expires because I did it myself. And at the time I said this system is so easily corruptible it is a wonder it does not single handedly bankrupt the nation. One job a week? That isn't even looking.
You don't even have to leave the house! You call it in and the checks come in the mail.

And I KNOW there are not enough jobs to go around and that is exactly why I am constantly and with every waking breath fighting for people rights to find a decent job and earn a decent wage. There is plenty of work that needs doing and so there should be plenty of jobs and work to go around but it is Capitalism and Politics and corruption keeping people out of work. Not poor unemployment practices.

Why don't you do a little more research on your subject before you go off half cocked spewing trash about someone when you haven't a good goddamn notion of what the heck your talking about?

Don't worry there Bevis - nobody is trying to take your pot or get you to work.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

That was a great response. Not everyone is out for a free ride either. The emotional toll it takes on ones ego must be more than disheartening. Even more disheartening to be chased around with a needle for a blood test. Kick em when there down! Some people are just heartless and can't think beyond their own feet.

Chit happens to everyone. It will eventually happen to the person you responded to. Then the cries will be heard of how unjust the system is. Guarantee it!

Here comes another misinformed poster who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
And you are giving kudos to Bevis?

That little trick above using another word for the swear word you mean will get you a mod warning and a 500 point violation. I know because I just got one myself.

I am sorry the drug tests offend you. They offend me too but I have to take them to apply for or to keep my job. Life is tough and then you die.

As far as your prophetic vision and guarantee...You can wish it but trust me that's just more nonsensical bird crap without basis in truth or reality. You don't know me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
employers need to drug test fro alcohol also. if one can be turned down for marijuana than beer should also be included.

They do. But beer and alcohol leave your system and can't be detected. Same with some of the more hazardous drugs. Meanwhile drugs like pot last a month or more. It isn't a perfect system but it is better than nothing. If you can't give up pot for a month to pass a test or for at least as long as you are collecting the checks - maybe you have a problem worse than unemployment.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

my last experience with the unemployment office was in the early 1980s.

i was off for two weeks, i'd get to collect for one.

i had a recall date, so didn't have to look for another job.

i went to collect my one check, was told that they had made a paper work error, and that i'd get nothing.

i asked to file an appeal, faced with much paperwork, the bureaucrats went in their computer, printed a check for me.

in my state, companies get a tax credit for hiring a vet, is that nation wide?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join