It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereo Behind Views Elenin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As pointed out here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have data.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
As pointed out here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have data.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

OMG!! did you see that blue streak across the bottom of the video!!!

ok ok, i joke, but on a more serious note this is great video, i cant wait to see more of Elenin.
I cant find the link but i "think" it a said somewhere that she will be closest to the sattelite on the
12th @ about 8 million miles (maybe it was KM?) anyway its too bad we will probably never get to see her
close up like Vesta

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for adding that Phage!!

It's eery watching this blue smudge move ... i'm certainly no expert, but that moved a very long way in a very short time? Even if that was a whole hour's worth of footage, it seems extremely quick.

It also looks quite large, but more like an "atmosphere", not solid.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The apparent motion is high because the comet is fairly close to the spacecraft.

The "fuzz" is the coma of the comet. It is an atmosphere, a temporary one. The gas and dust that is ejected as it gets warmed by the Sun.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The apparent motion is high because the comet is fairly close to the spacecraft.

Stereo isn't that far away from us is it? My impression was that the comet is coming in towards us (in a very general sense) ... see i was wrong!!
I realise we'll only cross path in a few months, when the earth has changed position, so we're coming together from an angle, i just didn't think the angle could be that wide.

The "fuzz" is the coma of the comet. It is an atmosphere, a temporary one. The gas and dust that is ejected as it gets warmed by the Sun.

Yeah absolutely that's what it is ...

This is fascinating ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join