It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Congress reach debt agreement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i dont know how to post offsite content but il link the source at the bottem of this post. i just went online and read on yahoo that they now have a debt agreement but the thing is i can not for the life of me find out acctualy what this agreement is i just dont like it when there is a said agreement and they wont disclose what it is to the public since it dose affect us im concerned about this expessialy since there being as far as i can tell secretive about it sorry about the spelling and here is the link.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

He said that, if enacted, the agreement would mean "the lowest level of domestic spending since Dwight Eisenhower was president" more than a half century ago.

And the wars will go on.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Dude really???
If you had looked on the current topics portion of the bottom ribbon you would have seen this posted 25 minutes before this post.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i looked and nothing showed up on recent posts at the time i posted this i just seen that its being talked about and before someone says use search it dosent work for me and never has nothing comes up no matter what i try to search

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by evilod

you say that, but If we just stopped everything and pull out, what should we do against an enemy who hates everything we are ( women's rights, lady gaga, hot dogs etc ) takes over the middle east. or takes over a military base where chemical weapons are made, or worse get their hands on a nuke?

what would stop them from taking over an airport, controlling planes, and flying them to all points west. and trying to destroy what they can?

I agree that these wars have gone on far too long.. but that's because we are fighting against an ideal, not one person in charge with an ideal, but many people from all walks of life.

If every soldier had pigs blood covering his bullets, these wars would have ended long ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stormy01399

Yes an agreement was reached.
But who says it will pass. 900 billion increase in the debt ceiling right off the bat with 1 tril decrease in 10 years are you kidding me?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
YUp, they still have to vote; I heard at least one "cogresscritter" say they need 5 days to read and debate so we know exactly whats' in this bill.
edit on 1-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is no time to read that small printed at the bottom, vote fast or else!

new topics

top topics

join