It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Blinded by Acid pardons her Attacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e64f9c0a4bc8.jpg[/atsimg]

FILE - In this March 4, 2009 file photo, Ameneh Bahrami, who was blinded and disfigured by a man who poured acid on her face in 2004 for rejecting his marriage proposal, poses for a portrait at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain. On Sunday July 31, 2011, Bahrami pardoned her attacker at the last minute, sparing him from being blinded by acid in retribution. Iranian state television broadcast footage Sunday of Bahrami in the operating room with her attacker, Majid Mohavedi, who was on his knees waiting for her to drop acid in his eyes as punishment. (AP Photo/Manu

Local Story

Eye for an eye...

It was a change of heart from around the time when the court handed down the sentence in November 2008. A few months later, Bahrami told a radio station in Spain, where she traveled for medical treatment after the attack, that she was happy with the ruling.

"I am not doing this out of revenge, but rather so that the suffering I went through is not repeated," she said in that March 2009 interview.

What is this...Some kind of twisted reality show?

"I forgave him, I forgave him," she responded, asking the doctor to spare him at the last minute in a dramatic scene broadcast on Iran's state television.

All this because she did not want to marry him.

Ameneh Bahrami lost her sight and suffered horrific burns to her face, scalp and body in the attack, carried out by a man who was angered that she refused his marriage proposal. "It is best to pardon when you are in a position of power," Bahrami said in explaining her decision Sunday to spare him. The sobbing man, Majid Movahedi, said Bahrami was "very generous."

I am going out on a limb and saying...It appears Iranian men have a rejection problem.

There have been several other acid attacks on women in Iran. Last week, a young woman died after a man poured acid on her face for rejecting his marriage proposal. Her attacker remains at large.

I am not judging these people...But, I really do not get where they are coming from.

A women rejects you and you throw acid at her?

What happened to sleeping with her friends and spreading false STD rumors?

WEAK....

edit on 31-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: link

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow. I have unbelievable amounts of respect for that woman.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's not just Iran, happens frequently in other countries. Difficult to fathom where these guys get their logic. Rejection is part of life, get over it, move on.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is termed in Acid-throwing and it is common in Moslem countries. The typical cause is rejection of marriage proposals. The victims are always women. There is an article on this topic on wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

+1

I Hope someone gave her hug,wish i could have done.

Regards to all

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And yet the Politically Correct left are scratching their heads as to why global multiculturalism has failed to work... Umm, perhaps because people of the East and West live, metaphorically, on different planets.

I read these stories and shake my head in shame, at the same time applauding this womans brave magnanimity.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is the kind of compassion that gives me hope for the human race. Good people are still out there, even in the face of vulgar disfigurment. I just hope when all is said and done the number of people like her out number the people like him

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Savorrow
This is the kind of compassion that gives me hope for the human race. Good people are still out there, even in the face of vulgar disfigurment. I just hope when all is said and done the number of people like her out number the people like him

Hear, hear.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
God bless her,

I know I couldn't throw acid in someones face either.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
And yet the Politically Correct left are scratching their heads as to why global multiculturalism has failed to work... Umm, perhaps because people of the East and West live, metaphorically, on different planets.

I read these stories and shake my head in shame, at the same time applauding this womans brave magnanimity.

I feel the same way.

They said she made her choice on live TV.

Maybe this woman could be an example of true compassion.

I hope something good can come out of this.

top topics

join