It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any psychics or intuitively gifted people care to tackle my dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
dreams of trying to navigate a very dark swamp full of alligators trying to eat me.

an outsider was also feeding me false information.

It was...well swampy There were other people around. Some people walking ahead of us (us being my husband and I holding hands). We had a light but it wasnt doing anything. Way too dark to see the path, but I could hear the crocodiles around, and see their eyes. Somebody behind us was trying to be helpful, but i don't believe they had good intentions. This person (female energy I believe) was telling me that the alligators were trying to get me, and where i should walk, but the road kept narrowing. Right before i woke up we stepped in some water and it was like a whirlpool started pulling me down. it was really scary i dont often get scared from dreams lol.

Though it was scary, have you considered that you were supposed to have gone into the whirlpool?
Transformative processes tend to be scary and are often painful. What I mean is, is there some kind of change going on right now or perhaps some upcoming or potential change that you're worried about?
Consider it birth pains. In my and some friends' dreams it's been common to have had whirpools or vortexes. In spirit journeys, they're a tad more direct with processes like dismemberment.
Just my twain pence of an oversimplified view.

A Taoist story tells of an old man who accidentally fell into the river rapids leading to a high and dangerous waterfall. Onlookers feared for his life. Miraculously, he came out alive and unharmed downstream at the bottom of the falls. People asked him how he managed to survive. "I accommodated myself to the water, not the water to me. Without thinking, I allowed myself to be shaped by it. Plunging into the swirl, I came out with the swirl. This is how I survived."

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by onenotsaved

dreams of trying to navigate a very dark swamp full of alligators trying to eat me.

It was...well swampy There were other people around. Some people walking ahead of us (us being my husband and I holding hands). We had a light but it wasnt doing anything. Way too dark to see the path, but I could hear the crocodiles around, and see their eyes. Somebody behind us was trying to be helpful, but i don't believe they had good intentions. This person (female energy I believe) was telling me that the alligators were trying to get me, and where i should walk, but the road kept narrowing. Right before i woke up we stepped in some water and it was like a whirlpool started pulling me down. it was really scary i dont often get scared from dreams lol.

Though it was scary, have you considered that you were supposed to have gone into the whirlpool?
Transformative processes tend to be scary and are often painful. What I mean is, is there some kind of change going on right now or perhaps some upcoming or potential change that you're worried about?
Consider it birth pains. In my and some friends' dreams it's been common to have had whirpools or vortexes. In spirit journeys, they're a tad more direct with processes like dismemberment.
Just my twain pence of an oversimplified view.

A Taoist story tells of an old man who accidentally fell into the river rapids leading to a high and dangerous waterfall. Onlookers feared for his life. Miraculously, he came out alive and unharmed downstream at the bottom of the falls. People asked him how he managed to survive. "I accommodated myself to the water, not the water to me. Without thinking, I allowed myself to be shaped by it. Plunging into the swirl, I came out with the swirl. This is how I survived."

Your post kinda gave me goose bumps. I hadn't thought of this, however thinking back I have had some intense dreams with a similar feeling of whirlpool around my body etc. This is definitely food for thought. We must never fear anyways, there is nothing to truly fear. Must remind myself of this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Sorry for the long delayed reply...

I'm glad I could share some insight!
Fear is healthy. There's nothing wrong with feeling anything that might come our way, fear included. Bravery, then, is not the absence of fear...just the will to deal with it. So, we must feel our fear but not let it stop us. We must make sure to feel everything that we can!
You see, feelings are motivations toward thought, just as thoughts are motivations toward actions. We must feel and then make sure to think...in that way our actions will be true and not controlled by our emotions.

Anyway...
In dreams, in my experience, it's a good thing to confront the monsters. Since we aren't really more than spectators in dreams (the exception being lucid dreaming), it's a tricky proposition to will oneself to do anything. So, it takes time and a particular frame of mind...it takes focusing on courage in general, being determined and all that. Just like anything else, it takes practice.
But, don't worry...these experiences are entirely human. We need to remember to embrace them!

Take care!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Very interesting dream! I used to dream about animals attacking me constantly. I once dreamt of a shark in a swimming pool that leaped out to attack me and then I woke up. I dreamt of a tarantula banging at the lid of a cage that I was forcing to hold down but it was pounding harder and harder until it finally got free then it leaped to my face and I woke up. And there were many other dreams, another dream of a tarantula leaping at me where I woke up. One where cockroaches came out everywhere when I was at the airport security check out and they started crawling on me where I woke up.

So yeah, your dream seems really similar. Eventually I connected what it meant. I never really dealt well with conflict growing up. Whenever someone criticized me I would go on the defensive. If someone was angry with me I would retreat. So, I just had this issue with my life where I always felt attacked by people and I didn't know how to protect myself. But then I got really into metaphysical stuff. I read several books. I went to a few psychics. I started reading tarot. And then I worked on my issues by trying to constantly stay grounded and present. So now I don't dream of being attacked by animals at all anymore. Which is really nice because I would dream about it like twice a month.

I wish you the best of luck handling whatever situations come to you. Reflect about how well you handle being attacked. What emotions go through your head when someone looks like they are going to hit you or are verbally abusing you?

Oh, another thing is I learned Capoeira. It's a Brazilian martial art. It's funny, because I never took martial arts before, so I never really know how to handle a situation if someone actually physically attacked me. I always thought I should just run. But after learning martial arts, I would feel comfortable now kicking them in the head, because trust me, it hurts! But anyway, connecting this with dreaming. After learning Capoeira, I would do Capoeira in my dreams. Seriously, I dreamt several times of being attacked by people, but then I would use Capoeira to stop them. I wasn't as afraid in my dreams because I knew how to stop and defeat them. It's just a thought, but maybe you should join a martial art. Then next time you dream of a crocodile attacking you, you could kick it in the snout and make it go away!

I know others will disagree. They'll say something like, violence doesn't solve anything. But in my opinion, it's just a dream. If you attack a crocodile in your dream it's not like you're actually hurting an actual animal. You're protecting yourself, and feeling safe and protected in your dream world isn't a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I just woke up from this dream about half an hour ago, and it's left a really bad feeling in my stomach.

Quickly jotting it down I got...

I went to sleep worried about something specific, however i really dont see how it relates to this dream, I guess I have to wait and see.

I have never dreamt of alligators before (that I know of) this dream feels important.
Sorry for the bad grammar I am half asleep but wanted to see if anybody had any insights.

ETA I have read the dream interpretations on the internet just wondering if anybody had anything more useful to add.
edit on 31-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Your dream was about fear and faith, fear the crocodiles show faith to follow the path to safety

I think the whirlpool represents the unknown.

edit on 23-9-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I just woke up from this dream about half an hour ago, and it's left a really bad feeling in my stomach.

Quickly jotting it down I got...

I went to sleep worried about something specific, however i really dont see how it relates to this dream, I guess I have to wait and see.

I have never dreamt of alligators before (that I know of) this dream feels important.
Sorry for the bad grammar I am half asleep but wanted to see if anybody had any insights.

ETA I have read the dream interpretations on the internet just wondering if anybody had anything more useful to add.
edit on 31-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Old post but new friend.

So this is how I see it, your mileage may vary.

The swamp you are navigating, is life. Were all trying to navigate the same poopy little gunk hole.

The alligators represent your bills/accounts playable.

The bad info your getting could be from a fiend, do this, don't do that, is your friend a banker?

The female behind you pushing info is yourself, but you are unsure if what you think is right or not.

And I am probably 100% wrong, as I am no dream expert, but I am a dreamer if that helps.

Cheerio

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join