It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you want to make a "Rival" on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Honestly, I had never given it that much thought. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the majority will still see rival as enemy.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Indeed a rival is not an enemy. An enemy is an enemy. Rival most of the times are friends that disagree on certain points. If we always agree, one of us is not needed; if we agree to dis agree then neither one of us is needed. Only when we continue to disagree are we open to growth. That is what a rival is, is a friend that wants you to grow whether they use the correct arguments at the time or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I guess it depends how you want to look at it.

I use the respected foe tool to foe people who I respect or who's arguments and viewpoints I appreciate, despite disagreeing with. Or members I like, but don't necessarily agree with. Which is what the tool was designed for!

It's only when threads like this pop up that I realised people were foeing others out of hatred or spite

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Now i understand

Thankyou to everyone who has replied.

Much love folks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Of all the ways I can be judged...being judged on the basis of the character and quality of those who think I am their enemy is the one I am most pleased with.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
reply to post by LightAssassin

Then maybe its your fault for listening/reading anothers nonsense and getting dragging into it.

Didnt mean to sound nasty pal.

Haha, there's just so many, but whe you have an opinion, then someone comes over the top of that...I can quickly look em up in my rival column and then go....'Oh thats right, you're one of 'them''. Not wasting my breath.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Me too. I don't why I was made a rival when I never spoke to the person, I even made the attempt to find out why. But, got a childish answer. To each their own I guess. No skin off my back unless the Aliens take it.

Umm... I'm no expert, but having the name "Manhater" just might have something to do with it.

I mean I couldn't help but have myself a chuckle when I see "Manhater" not understanding when someone might reject her.

It's called irony.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So many people think it is an insult to rival some one... It's actually a compliment. Read what it says about making some one a rival. It is some one you often disagree with but they challenge you to do your best and post so much better stuff.... It's actually a compliment....

Ideally you should have lots of rivals

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennibleLecter

Originally posted by Manhater
Me too. I don't why I was made a rival when I never spoke to the person, I even made the attempt to find out why. But, got a childish answer. To each their own I guess. No skin off my back unless the Aliens take it.

Umm... I'm no expert, but having the name "Manhater" just might have something to do with it.

I mean I couldn't help but have myself a chuckle when I see "Manhater" not understanding when someone might reject her.

It's called irony.

No sometimes people just see your posts and make you a rival with out talking to you.... They just decide that you are worthy of the rival tag with out actually....talking.... Which is dumb, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Of all the ways I can be judged...being judged on the basis of the character and quality of those who think I am their enemy is the one I am most pleased with.

great words! It means a lot to be someones enemy. Wow I am THAT important to someone that my happiness pisses them off. That they would like nothing better than to see me fall and be defeated.

To paraphrase: They say the best revenge to deal an enemy is to live a prosperous life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join