It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you want to make a "Rival" on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

I for one like to keep track of the more "dishonest" political trolls and hacks. I notice quite a few of them are banned now as well.
edit on 31-7-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Lucky!

Many of my friends have been banned.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
When the option was available, I thought about putting a couple of people there, and found that those that I considered to be my rival, had the same opportunity to add me and did not.

So, I figured that even though I may have not like what a person said (repeatedly) and them the same for me, we still found it way to childish to consider ourselves rivals.

Now if the Illuminati/Shadow Government/Monsanto/Mind Control Programs, etc,. decided to join, then yes, they would be considered rivals, other then that, someone with a different opinion/thoughts does me no harm.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Hardly a rival. Nothing but foul mouthed twinkies on that site. Sorry (not really) ,but they are not very deep or adept. Kind of like going to McDonalds or going to the now defunct Tavern on The Green.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Lets break this down.. I am a atheist.. By choice Christians chose to "not like my posts" if i have to put it kindly.. They tend to get bent out of shape.. and throw me on there rival list.. Like i could give a damn.. My rival list is empty..

Actually your rival list is "all people of religion, especially Christians."

Originally posted by TechVampyreI speak my mind, I speak the truth, And some members with "questionable intelligence" can not accept it..

You speak truth and those who disagree are dumb. What a smart, smart man you are. Especially since you can't comprehend the utility of religion, or the stupidity of advocating a nihilist worldview.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
it is so people can add me to their list

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I use to be weary of people. They may sucker you into a convo and deliberately disinform you.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Then maybe its your fault for listening/reading anothers nonsense and getting dragging into it.

Didnt mean to sound nasty pal.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by here4awhile

to remind yourself who you hate i guess?

Yeah, pretty sad isn't it? There are people with whom I disagree completely, there are people who have made ME a "respected foe," but I have never felt the need to do that with anyone. It's pretty childish if you ask me.

Agreed. It's pretty easy to just skip past the posts you don't like. The whole rival thing just breeds more trollish activity if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

When someone adds me as a foe/rival. I add them as a friend.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This "rival" thing is just a euphemism for the old "foes". It sounds more "mature" with all that fancy talk in the description, but it's all the same old poppycock. I agree with you, it's incomprehensble on a site visited (presumably) by adult people, and I think it knocks its overall value.

To me the worst part is the "ignore" button (at least I think there used to be one), or people calling for an option that would hide the posts of a specific user altogether.
Why? You cannot bear to notice the presence on a board of someone whose opinions or even personality you dislike? My mom taught me to ignore unpleasant characters while they are there, in front of you, if necessary. If you cannot do that, everyone can wind you up in no time.

It's like a kiddie playground, and it's getting really boring.
But it is useful as a tool that tells you a LOT about the intellectual and emotional maturity of any given poster.

Use it like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Lets break this down.. I am a atheist.. By choice Christians chose to "not like my posts" if i have to put it kindly.. They tend to get bent out of shape.. and throw me on there rival list.. Like i could give a damn.. My rival list is empty..

Actually your rival list is "all people of religion, especially Christians."

Originally posted by TechVampyreI speak my mind, I speak the truth, And some members with "questionable intelligence" can not accept it..

You speak truth and those who disagree are dumb. What a smart, smart man you are. Especially since you can't comprehend the utility of religion, or the stupidity of advocating a nihilist worldview.

What truth can be found in religion? .. Until you can answer that question.. Without a non-logical answer.. Then we can have a debate.. Until then.. I think i just made it to the top of another persons "rival list"..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Unbelievable!!!
I cannot believe the kind of posts I am seeing in this thread.

Please read the following:

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts

Anyone making rude, trollish, off topic remarks from this point faces the real possibility of a temporary POST BAN.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Im guessing that post is towards myself considering you just took 1000 points from me lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I think it's a bit weird too, only one person has "rivaled" me I haven't done it to anyone, surely it would be something you'd want to keep secret, it's like advertising a weakness to the very person you'd most want to hide it from, it gladdened my heart when I received mine

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's really quite easy to understand if you don't jump to the assumption that the term "rival" means enemy. Several members have given the correct answer to your question, I just hope you are able to recognize them. Here are a few of them;

From "superman2012"

more of a " person makes me think and question things I haven't thought of before" Just because someone is your rival it doesn't mean the are your enemy.

From "AnotherYou"

have you read the rivals list description?
its probably the biggest compliment one can get in ats.

From "caladonea"

The way I look at it is....a rival is someone who i agree to disagree with...but I still respect them as a contributing member of this website...and I don't hate them or think of them as an enemy...and sometimes they do help me to think outside of the box...(so to speak).

Don't be offended if someone makes you their rival, instead, wear it as a badge of honor. It just means that you are a worthy debater with respect to the individual who made you their rival. Good Luck here on ATS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join