It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution... a kids fairytale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Firstly I would like to tell you a brief detail of my background as it helped me to this conclusion. I am a computer programmer, I've been doing it for 13 years and it was something I always wanted to do as a kid as it gave me the feeling of being a "God" because I can create many things with programming (mainly game programing). I understand the complexities of programming and the amount of logic it requires to actually program as something as simple as a clock radio. Thinking about the origins of life and the universe and all of the complexties, variables, constants and logic that runs the universe and I understand that just altering a fraction of a whole number (.0000001) could throw everything off course and it's very much like this in game programming. In game programming, you have variables that rely on other variables so by altering one you could be altering many variables which got me into thinking how perfect all these variables that run universe really are especially the human body and the earth.

Faith in science leaves me unfulfilling, science doesn't give answers it gives excuses, excuses that constantly changing as we "learn" more about the universe. Science will never have an answer to how we got here, the very foundation of evolution stands on paper bricks, it's easily picked apart and falls straight to the ground and I will show you how with my next thread..

To believe in evolution you must require faith and I mean alot of faith. Evolutionist have faith in mere coincidences and not just 1 coincidence but we are talking about trillions (most likely alot more than that) coincidences and each coincidence are harbored by trillions of variables that could alter the outcome such as the big bang theory. In order for the big bang theory to even occur every trillions (and I'm just throwing a number out because the real number is unfathomable) of variables must be "perfect" and I don't care how big the universe really is because the chances of it occuring by chance is next to nil and that's just 1 event. I'm still waiting for an anwser how 2 big rocks at the perfect speed, mass, dimensions, rotation, angle, time, distance collided and formed the earth perfectly distanced from the sun, rotation, mass, gravity and it's very own perfect moon with similar properties and then by chance life combusted from non-living cells and evolved with such a complex DNA structure that science itself hasn't even scratch the surface, all happened by un-guided events within a mere 4 billion years?

To say for these un-guided events to occur is like for me to run a simple programing script that throws out random numbers and programs itself a state of the art video game all with 3d graphics, motion, physics, the entire game by mere chance.... not likely

Ok then lets just say the earth and humans are just lucky and everything just happened and the variables were perfect by chance. But the origin life dives much deeper than that. In computer programing varables are bound to change (which makes it even more unlikely of evolution or the big bang theory to occur) but now you have constants which are similar to varables but the only difference is that constants never change... they're a constant number. In video programing I can grasp the whole idea how a game works well because I program the constants myself however my question is who programmed the constants that govern the universe such as the law of physics? With the help of math we can understand certain equations such as the speed of light or the gravity force of the moon but as humans we fail to understand how the constants that govern all of that got there in the first place.

Even if evolution occured, who programmed evolution? How does the laws of the universe know to respond a certain way and take certain actions of course that evolved humans all by chance?

Well my aswer is we have a creator and by having faith in that answers all of my questions not only that is gives me hope of something better than what we currently live in. The more I think about evolution the more it seems it's just a fairytale we teach kids in school.

Your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'll believe aliens dropped us all here, Black/white/green and blue before I believe evolution.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

Even if evolution occured, who programmed evolution? How does the laws of the universe know to respond a certain way and take certain actions of course that evolved humans all by chance?

Survival of the fittest did the programming. It's a learn as you go program. If a species wasn't able to survive in it's environment it would cease to exist. And if god programmed man he did a pretty poor job don't you think?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I find it as likely that we evolved from apes as apes devolved from us.

I agree with you. We live under a certain, specific, set of laws (programs) that produce life out of what would otherwise be chaos or, equally likely, nothing at all.

Who wrote the rulebook? No idea, but to say that all this happened by chance is just lazy. And I say lazy because putting your faith in the theories of the much-revered scientists of our time is just that. Lazy.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you know what makes humans unique on this planet?

Our ability to invent absolute nonsense in an effort to understand our world.

I have to laugh at all the religious nuts out there who will find an argument that the "flying spaghetti monster" will save them and take them to some paradise after death.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Tell that to wolves, who we've seen go from this:

To this:

In just the past couple centuries. Yeah, evolution doesn't exist.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

If that's evolution, I want no part of it!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Evolution, in a sense, does exist within many algorythms. Cutting edge AI behavior scripts contain code that allow the AI characters to adapt, advance, and evolve.

If one assumes that life has a motive, that is to live... then evolution makes perfect sense. It's not random change, exactly. It's selective mutation, keeping those mutations which best enable life to adapt to environment and circumstances.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I'll believe aliens dropped us all here, Black/white/green and blue before I believe evolution.

I'm with you on that one. Of course if such ever happened then we would have to listen to God knows how many years of the alien version. Because man's next excuse would be where did the aliens come from

edit on 30-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Survival of the fittest did the programming. It's a learn as you go program. If a species wasn't able to survive in it's environment it would cease to exist. And if god programmed man he did a pretty poor job don't you think?

Ok then so who instructed life to take action of course? Who instructed cells to replicate and renew? Who instructed molecules to transfusion and mutate? By your question I can see you never read the bible because it's easily answered there.

Evolution, in a sense, does exist within many algorythms. Cutting edge AI behavior scripts contain code that allow the AI characters to adapt, advance, and evolve.

Please cutting edge AI behavoir scripts are joke, why? Because they WERE PROGRAMMED that way, variables are assumed and constants are pre-thought out of course the AI will show adapt and evolution. Everything in simulation is pre-assumed and leaves me unsatisfied

edit on 30-7-2011 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

I understand you completely since I do programming for a living as well. All the code used to make Facebook work isn't even as complex as the human DNA. And DNA even has error correcting "bits" just like ECC memory chips. It's amusing to pretend other wise.

It's not just the complexity that kills me. Evolution's assumption that things evolve to get better is a joke when the second law of thermodynamics clearly says that systems naturally progress from order to disorder. But here on Earth, in this closed system, things get better despite what happens in the rest of the Universe. So either way they're in a weird place.

edit on 30-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

... nope that'd be genetic modification through human manipulation and selective breeding... more akin to the ancient alien theory ...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Show me a computer that can run a "simple" programing script (as to a simple cell) that generates random trillion numbers that can build itself, replicate itself, renew itself and have intelligence .... then I'll believe in evolution

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by Nosred

that'd be genetic modification.... and selective breeding.

Otherwise known as "Evolution".

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
Show me a computer that can run a "simple" programing script (as to a simple cell) that generates random trillion numbers that can build itself, replicate itself, renew itself and have intelligence .... then I'll believe in evolution

The universe is not a computer.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

If one assumes that life has a motive, that is to live... then evolution makes perfect sense. It's not random change, exactly. It's selective mutation, keeping those mutations which best enable life to adapt to environment and circumstances.

Interesting. The only problem with this is the term "AI" which of course means "artificial intelligence". If an "AI" can adapt then where does the ability to adapt come from? How does the "AI" know what it should adapt itself to?

My next question would be where are the "keeping those mutations" laws coming from? Certainly they didn't make them up on their own, otherwise there would be chaos among those mutations. The point here, is that everything that is exist abides by some form law. The question is, where do these laws come from?

edit on 30-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

That depends on which type of evolution you're referring to... many believers in God believe God had a hand in evolution... helping things along much like we did with the dog...

Ever read the Sumerian creation story?

There is a big difference between natural selection and artificial selection...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I'm not trying to make a point about how evolution happens, the OP doesn't believe it happens at all. Those pics were my cold hard proof of evolution, something creationists can't seem to provide.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

The universe is not a computer.

Yes I'm very aware of that. Are you are aware the universe is governed by mathematical algorithms, numbers, variables just like a computer? Hence the relation from universe to computer.

My next thread I'll show you how evolution DOESN'T exist, at least in the manner that is thought in schools. I believe in genetic mutations, I see it every day...
edit on 30-7-2011 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
reply to post by Nosred

. I believe in genetic mutations, I see it every day...

Genetic mutations are evolution. That's really all there is to it, not that complicated of a theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join