It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Yourself. Convert Your $$ to Physical Goods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Whether it be the government, Planet X or 12/21/12, it looks like the world economy will collapse in the next year or so. If you're thinking like our grandparents did after the great depression that hording cash is the safest way to avoid bank collapse then think again. What will the dollar be worth by the time Obama leaves office next year? It's too late to think the dropping dollar will stabilize before Obama leaves office. Protect yourself. Take your extra cash and buy physical goods that will be valuable if the world economy collapses. Silver is a good bet. So are other metals, but avoid gold. It is way over inflated now. $1600 gold in present economy will be worth about $300 gold when the economy totally collapses. A better bet than metals would be cans of beans or MRE's. They'll go up in value when turmoil hits.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Excellent thoughts.

I have to admit the idea of saving money in the bank is almost genetic. It is something we are ingrained with. There may be times when the world economy supports this. My guess is not now.

It begs the concern: alright, what do I buy? Gold and silver are a good idea if the economy falters only slightly. If it goes off the deep end, the are are more appropriate items to have. What are they? Lord, there are endless threads on here and elsewhere describing in excruciating detail what "might" work for you.

I like the idea of tools. With them, there is little one cannot fix, maintain, or otherwise create. Medical supplies are good too. Sort of "tools" for the body.

The idea that I am going to engage in a non-stop fire fight for the rest of my existence to defend my pile of canned beans goods does not reconcile with almost any real world, historical SHTF event.

...Oh, and a Slurpee machine. One needs to maintain a positive attitude in the face of destruction. Pina Colata flavored Slurpee's do it for me

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I'm doomed. I have no cash, very little digital/banky money, and about a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of.... [etc.] ... of a tenth of a percent of the national debt. Which is to say, comprehensibly high amounts in student loans....

No physical goods for the Pajama Socks Buddha!
edit on 30-7-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

new topics

join