It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Judge tells teacher sex offender: I don't criticise you for being attracted to children

page: 4
13
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hail Satan! The devil's advocate will now address an appeal.

reply to post by CrankyPantsUK
 


On the contrary, a sex offender would say this:

It is natural and healthy for human beings to express their affection towards each other in an erotic and/or sexual manner. Nevertheless some people express their sexuality in unhealthy ways, for example by forcing themselves upon someone who does not reciprocate their feelings. Non-consensual contact of any sort between two or more persons is wrong and a violation of dignity.

Some legal adults, despite being told by the law that they are mature and ready to express their natural, in-born erotic desires are unable to do so in a healthy way. They rape or exploit one another or permit themselves to be abused by other legal adults.

Some legal children, despite being told by the law that they are not capable of expressing their natural, in-born erotic desires are able to do so in a healthy way. They have safe, mutually satisfying sexual encounters with other persons, both over and under the legal age of majority.

Sex offenders would falsely claim that this is proof of the artificiality of the Law! They would say that the Law does not actually legislate human feelings and that it is normal for children to have sexual urges!! This perversion was given false credence by Freud, the infamous sex maniac who thought that it was unhealthy to repress the sickening desires that we are born with! Sex offenders have the audacity to say that some people under the legal age of consent are actually mature enough to handle the crushing burden and responsibility of Sex!!! As all rational adults know, children are irresponsible by nature, sex is wicked and dangerous by nature, and it is impossible for anybody under the legal age of consent to be capable of any "healthy" erotic feeling whatsoever.

Thus we must conclude that where a sex offender goes wrong is in thinking that it is at all healthy for someone under the age of 18 to have sexual feelings or thoughts!




posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 


ATS is just as bad about what it considers porn.My avatar kept on disappearing and I didn't know why until I checked my messages-'Don't Tread On' Me kept removing it as the character-Quagmire from Family Guy was 'wearing less than bathing attire',even though he had nothing indecent on show & was sitting cross legged.Pathetic!This teacher is obviously a beast though,pervy voyeur!This judge seems to not be alone in the UK courts just search for the case of Holly Greig,a retarded girl from Scotland who was abused sexually by a judge,a police officer & her father.She recieved compensation from the criminal injures board which only happens if a crime happened,yet no prosecutions happened & it was swept under the carpet!Here is my avatar picture just to annoy 'Don't Tread On Me'



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Jepic
The Judge is right. Why whould we criticize a person that probably did not choose to be born with such a distrubing mind. Who are we to criticize a person whose mind was negatively influenced through his/her social upbringing and life experiences which were out of his/her control.

We can judge actions. But it's not right to judge a person by how they think. Everyone is different. We should accept everybody until that somebody does harm unto others.


The Judge said "“I don't criticise you for being a teacher who's attracted to children. " Clearly if you know you are attracted to children you KNOW you need to not get a job involving children!!


Why? You can still get a job involving children as long as you remain professional.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


So.....with that logic, we should hug serial killers too because they are "misunderstood"? I am tired of that kind of misguided thinking. If a pedophile rapes a child I don't give a "bleep" what what he thinks or the reasons for it. That's just ridiculous! I have worked in law enforcement, and dealt with people like this. Some of them ENJOY hurting others....they LIKE to cause pain, and they don't give a "bleep" who it is, as long as thier needs are fullfilled. There is NO excuse whatsoever. Peroid. Once someone harms a child I could care less about his/her "feelings and thoughts"

oh wait! I want a new TV....my nieghbor has a nice one, I think I'll break in thier house and steal it....after all...I can't control my "thoughts"......yeah right.
edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
This is totally outrageous.


The judge says, "I can't blame you for being sexually attracted to children..."


WELL I CAN!


So you think being a pedophile is a choice? Is being gay also a choice then?



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have a real problem with government taking the power to imprison anyone for simple possession of any image or any written material no matter how vile it may be.

I do have a problem with people who use children to create pornographic images. That is where the effort needs to be applied to stop the pornographers. Law enforcement claims its too difficult to catch the pornographers, and wimp out by going after people who in many cases end up with images on their computer they are not even aware are there. Several people have had their life ruined like that. Just one is too many.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i tried to stay away from this but i just can not do you all not see
pictures put the man away
what if they caught the creeps taking the pictures seems to me the same game
as drug war bad dealer going to sell to your kids but they never catch the real supplier
if the police only catch the very bottom tier who keeps the machine going ??
seems to be that people want to point fingers and not look at who is actually hurting the kids
there is no hell bad enough for him !! so maybe al capone and company still run the show



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
How can I blame him for being attracted to children and having child porn on his computer? Are you being serious right now?
No, only how you can blame him for being attracted to children.

And yes, I'm serious.
For example, are you to blame for having those feelings about what should be done to paedophiles?
But if you go and attack a paedophile then we can put the blame of the attack on you.

That's why I think the judge is partially correct, we are not responsible for our feelings, we are responsible for how we let them control our actions.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
 


Trouble with that is....most pedophiles and criminals DO act on it....and ruin a child's life in the process....THAT is who I care about. I see what you're saying, but most pedophiles are usually unable to control their urges....meaning a child gets scarred forever....or worse. We are talking about a grown man lusting after a TWO YEAR OLD. I have zero pity for someone like that.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by ArMaP
 


Trouble with that is....most pedophiles and criminals DO act on it....and ruin a child's life in the process...


How do you know most pedophiles act on their emotions? As far as I know the number of pedophiles (people who are attracted to pre-pubescent children) on this planet has never been mapped.
edit on 30-7-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Edit: Hail Satan; Devil's advocate here,
reply to post by StealthyKat
 


This is the correct attitude. As we all know, every effect has a cause. If we have found a cause, therefore, we must also have found a hidden effect!

A child was raped
Therefore the rapist lusted for children

A man lusts for children
Therefore a child was raped

This is a foolproof truism; deny this and lose all credibility!
edit on 30-7-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Trouble with that is....most pedophiles and criminals DO act on it....and ruin a child's life in the process....THAT is who I care about. I see what you're saying, but most pedophiles are usually unable to control their urges....meaning a child gets scarred forever....or worse. We are talking about a grown man lusting after a TWO YEAR OLD. I have zero pity for someone like that.

That's true, but it doesn't mean that they can be blamed for their feelings.

For example, if you like chocolate, you can be blamed for spending too much money on chocolates (or even from steeling to get more and more chocolates), but can you be blamed for liking chocolate?

What you feel is one thing, what you do is another.

And this has nothing to do with pity or caring about children or not.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by OldCorp
This is totally outrageous.


The judge says, "I can't blame you for being sexually attracted to children..."


WELL I CAN!


So you think being a pedophile is a choice? Is being gay also a choice then?


Yes to the first question, and no to the second. It's been proven that homosexuality can be a genetic trait.

ON PEDOPHILIA:


A variety of different theories exist as to the causes of pedophilia. A few researchers attribute pedophilia along with the other paraphilias to biology. They hold that testosterone, one of the male sex hormones, predisposes men to develop deviant sexual behaviors. As far as genetic factors are concerned, as of 2002 no researchers have claimed to have discovered or mapped a gene for pedophilia. Read more: Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people www.minddisorders.com...


ON HOMOSEXUAlITY:

Homosexual Behavior Largely Shaped By Genetics And Random Environmental Factors

US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics

Biology and sexual orientation



Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by OldCorp
How can I blame him for being attracted to children and having child porn on his computer? Are you being serious right now?
No, only how you can blame him for being attracted to children.

And yes, I'm serious.
For example, are you to blame for having those feelings about what should be done to paedophiles?
But if you go and attack a paedophile then we can put the blame of the attack on you.

That's why I think the judge is partially correct, we are not responsible for our feelings, we are responsible for how we let them control our actions.


As I showed above, pedophilia has never been shown to be anything than sexual deviance: It is a choice made by the pedophile. Since it is classified as a mental disorder, the pedophile may feel these urges, but it is his/her choice to act on it.

I can see your point, but I can't find anyone to blame other than the offender; especially not God and the way He set up our genetic structure.

But as far as the judge goes, there can be no excuse for what she said OR the slap on the wrist she gave to this pervert.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
As I showed above, pedophilia has never been shown to be anything than sexual deviance: It is a choice made by the pedophile. Since it is classified as a mental disorder, the pedophile may feel these urges, but it is his/her choice to act on it.
If it's a mental disorder, how are they to blame for that?

As you said above, he/she may feel the urges, and that's what I'm talking about, the feelings, and, as far as I know, nobody can be blamed for what they feel.

But, as I have been saying since the beginning, and as you say above, they can (and should) be blamed by their actions.


I can see your point, but I can't find anyone to blame other than the offender; especially not God and the way He set up our genetic structure.
Nobody is talking about god or genetic structures.


But as far as the judge goes, there can be no excuse for what she said OR the slap on the wrist she gave to this pervert.
I think we all agree with that.



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Jepic
The Judge is right. Why whould we criticize a person that probably did not choose to be born with such a distrubing mind. Who are we to criticize a person whose mind was negatively influenced through his/her social upbringing and life experiences which were out of his/her control.

We can judge actions. But it's not right to judge a person by how they think. Everyone is different. We should accept everybody until that somebody does harm unto others.


The Judge said "“I don't criticise you for being a teacher who's attracted to children. " Clearly if you know you are attracted to children you KNOW you need to not get a job involving children!!


Why? You can still get a job involving children as long as you remain professional.



That's like being an alcoholic and getting a job as a bar tender...if you take that job you are intending on following your lust! Child molesters and people who like child porn should stay away FAR away from children! Anyone who doesn't think so either has no children or are themselves "attracted to children" IMO!



posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by OldCorp
As I showed above, pedophilia has never been shown to be anything than sexual deviance: It is a choice made by the pedophile. Since it is classified as a mental disorder, the pedophile may feel these urges, but it is his/her choice to act on it.
If it's a mental disorder, how are they to blame for that?


There are drugs, like Depo Provera, and possibly others, that they could take to control the urges. One of those links I posted earlier made the claim that deviant sexual behavior is the result of excess testosterone production. If that is a cause, Depo would nip it in the bud.

I don't know, honestly a lot of my common sense goes right out the window when it comes to pedos. I have two daughters and three granddaughters and the thought of someone abusing a child just makes me see red. Maybe they aren't "responsible" for the initial urge but they know it's wrong, and they should take steps to make sure they never put themselves in a position where their "urges" might take over and they would do harm to a child.



posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Every "child" should find their own age of majority and request emancipation when they feel they are ready for it. It should come much earlier for some than others.

I've heard in ancient oriental cultures the emperor was expected to prove his vitality each year. As he got older he was offered younger and younger women each year. It is a cultural thing.



posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT
 





as drug war bad dealer going to sell to your kids but they never catch the real supplier
if the police only catch the very bottom tier who keeps the machine going ??


I am sure there are plenty of people on ATS, myself included, that do not want to criminalize drug users, only producers and dealers. If the same logic was applied to child porn, then mere possession would not be a crime.

I believe child porn and snuff movies should be treated the same, tough.



posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Jepic
 


So.....with that logic, we should hug serial killers too because they are "misunderstood"? I am tired of that kind of misguided thinking. If a pedophile rapes a child I don't give a "bleep" what what he thinks or the reasons for it. That's just ridiculous! I have worked in law enforcement, and dealt with people like this. Some of them ENJOY hurting others....they LIKE to cause pain, and they don't give a "bleep" who it is, as long as thier needs are fullfilled. There is NO excuse whatsoever. Peroid. Once someone harms a child I could care less about his/her "feelings and thoughts"

oh wait! I want a new TV....my nieghbor has a nice one, I think I'll break in thier house and steal it....after all...I can't control my "thoughts"......yeah right.
edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)


Hug? Who said any thing about hugging... I'm talking about not judging a person by their thoughts. Only by actions.

Hug?...



posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic
 


It's just a figure of speech....not to literally hug
I was just trying to make the point that whether they offend by choice or an uncontrollable force, they still do serious damage.The outcome is the same.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join