It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict power "abuse"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You all know about how lots of powerful people do their "bad" things, I just want to point our one example on how Pope Benedict does it. To me it is really funny what and how he did it.

In Croatia, thats next to Italy, where is Vatican, and yes pope is there, there is one monastery Dajla. Benedictines were owners of this monastery before WW2, and then communistic party take that monastery, and benedictines went back to Italy.

Years later, Vatican signed Osimski and "Roman" agreement. In that agreement we paid Italians and Vatican, so that is closed story about monastery Dajla. Or is it?

Few years later, benedictines AGAIN asked for Dajla monastery. Croatia refused. Then pope Benedict forms "special" commission and they decided that monastery must be returned to Italians.

Croatian Bishops' Conference asks that Vatican cancel that decisions. Pope Benedict strikes back.

Pope Benedict replaced Croatian bishop who had this area (Poreč - Dajla monastery), FOR 1 MINUTE, and gives authorisation to some bishop from Spain.

That new bishop returns monastery and all lands to Vatican (about 30 million dollars) and also binds Croatian bishop for Poreč region to pay 4 million dollars in 1 year. That 4 million dollars for Poreč region is really a lot.

So, this 1 minute is very interesting to me. In 1 minute pope can transfer some monastery or land to himself.

This is fresh news, on Croatian media, example
www.monitor.hr...

edit on 29-7-2011 by ferumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yes, he's quite the bussinessman...
He wouldn't be the pope otherwise

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
douche move. well...if you believe the prophecies about benedict, he dies a cruel death, so its all good. nothing like a happy ending.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance of foreign languages, but your link is not in English. I wish you had more information for me, the story doesn't seem quite right.

Originally posted by ferumbra
Years later, Vatican signed Osimski and "Roman" agreement. In that agreement we paid Italians and Vatican, so that is closed story about monastery Dajla. Or is it?

I believe, in English, that's referred to as the treaty of Osimo. I can't find anything that indicates that the Vatican was a party to the treaty, though Italy was.

Pope Benedict replaced Croatian bishop who had this area (Poreč - Dajla monastery), FOR 1 MINUTE, and gives authorisation to some bishop from Spain.

That new bishop returns monastery and all lands to Vatican (about 30 million dollars) and also binds Croatian bishop for Poreč region to pay 4 million dollars in 1 year. That 4 million dollars for Poreč region is really a lot.

So, this 1 minute is very interesting to me. In 1 minute pope can transfer some monastery or land to himself.

If the Dajla monastery land had been purchased by the Croatian government, how could a bishop return the lands to the Vatican? The bishop has no authority to do that and no country would allow it. My limited reading indicates that the Treaty of Osimo provided some compensation to Italy and Italians, but they wanted more. I would really appreciate some information on why you believe the Pope was involved as described. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yea, you really can't trust the Vatican or any popes for that matter for anything. Definitely, not for spiritual guidance and or protection from pedophile priests.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Please forgive my ignorance of foreign languages, but your link is not in English. I wish you had more information for me, the story doesn't seem quite right.

I believe, in English, that's referred to as the treaty of Osimo. I can't find anything that indicates that the Vatican was a party to the treaty, though Italy was.

I do not know about this news on English. The story doesnt seem right simply because it is not right what pope did.

Maybe Vatican wasnt involved in this agreement. Communistic party do not like church, so they dont like Vatican too, so maybe this treaty was only for Italy. Im not sure because informations are mixed.

Anyway, every media says that monastery Dajla was solved by this Osimo and "Roman" agreement.

Originally posted by charles1952
If the Dajla monastery land had been purchased by the Croatian government, how could a bishop return the lands to the Vatican? The bishop has no authority to do that and no country would allow it. My limited reading indicates that the Treaty of Osimo provided some compensation to Italy and Italians, but they wanted more. I would really appreciate some information on why you believe the Pope was involved as described. Thanks.

Bites me how can some bishop return the lands to Vatican. That is why this story is interesting. Bishop has no authority bigger than country, but still, monastery Dajla and lands are not Croatian anymore.

Maybe Italians want more, but they ask for more about 35-40 years LATER.

And you ask why I believe pope was involved.

Sry man, you didnt read this text good enough, so i will repeat it:

So, pope changed bishop FOR 1 minute! Also, Poreč must pay 4 million $ in 1 year.

I would like to give you more info, but there is nothing i can say right now. It is simple as I said it, no matter how weird this sounds.
edit on 30-7-2011 by ferumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
the whole pope thing,kneeling and kissing his ring,selling cakes for the chance to view him,raising a former Hitler Youth to the position and giving him unlimited power over hundreds of millions of people who are so star struck they sell cookies for the oportunity to bow to him....its just too much for this old country boy...ya'll can keep him...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
douche move. well...if you believe the prophecies about benedict, he dies a cruel death, so its all good. nothing like a happy ending.

Is that supposed to happen soon? Please say yes.

edit on 30-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm at a loss as to how so many millions of people can reconcile in their minds, and especially in their hearts, the collossal wealth of the Vatican and the simple message of the Bible they purport to believe in....

edit on 30-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Help! Stop for a minute! Ok, I know the Pope and the Catholic Church are targets for hatred. At this moment I don't care about that. I just want someone to show me a source for the claims of the opening post. I'd prefer English, please. It's not that I'm doubting this, it's just that I can't do any research on my own without a place to start.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont know for English source, maybe you can use Google translator? You can also follow links from page i pasted for a lot more news about this, but on Croatian.

Example this is article from biggest Croatian newspaper media
www.jutarnji.hr...

If you want, try using relevant keywords from text and google it to find english sources.

top topics

join