It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that when people talk about Obama deficit spending they dont acknowledge that over 75% of

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Watts
reply to post by shug7272

I think its partly because he's "black"... I don't think that's undeniable, the whole "the economy is bad and there's a black guy in office so it must be totally his fault" ideal is in full effect,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea2623fcd6b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Soooo the hinting by republicans that he is a covert muslim spy, a pseudo-nazi, non-american etc etc etc into infinity isn't considered racist nowadays? I must have missed that change. For Christs sakes, people held signs that read "NO MONKEYS IN THE WHITE HOUSE" in protest not even a month after his election. Get your head out your ass, the racism is blatant. Is it the sum total of the problems? No, but his race is a factor even if you dumbly refuse to admit the obvious. Lol the nerve of you to facepalm....

SM2

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think its partly because he's "black"... I don't think that's undeniable, the whole "the economy is bad and there's a black guy in office so it must be totally his fault" ideal is in full effect,

Soooo the hinting by republicans that he is a covert muslim spy, a pseudo-nazi, non-american etc etc etc into infinity isn't considered racist nowadays? I must have missed that change. For Christs sakes, people held signs that read "NO MONKEYS IN THE WHITE HOUSE" in protest not even a month after his election. Get your head out your ass, the racism is blatant. Is it the sum total of the problems? No, but his race is a factor even if you dumbly refuse to admit the obvious. Lol the nerve of you to facepalm....

covert muslim spy, a pseudo-nazi, non-american etc has nothing to do with race, I can not speak to the monkey thing, as I do not recall ever seeing that. I do recall a stir about a political cartoon that eluded to the "its so easy a trained monkey can do it" but again, that wasnt racist, that was just pointing out that even a moron could do it. At best, it was calling the man-boy in chief a moron and there is no racial stock on being a moron. I have met plenty of muslims, non american and nazis that were of varying racial backgrounds. Stop playing the race card, it is asinine and insulting. People use the race card and other name calling, mud slinging because they can not argue the issue based soley on it's own merits. I contend that YOU are the racist by using this pathetic excuse of an argument, almost like it were a crutch. Obama should get a free pass from the idiotic policies he has because he is black? really? go home and develop some intelligence.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Again.

The thoughts of the few and stupid, do not reflect the thoughts as a whole.

It is not about race, as for the majority of people in America. Sorry to crush your talking point.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

sure is easy to tell who are the racist ones when i look at obama all i see is an idiot

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and i am not saying the republicans are any better than just a tad bit.

...thats the same as saying its a tad better to be eaten by a bear than a shark...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
reply to post by macman

I am from Georgia -- most of it is because he is black -- I am upper middle class -- a democrat in an incredibly red county -- so red that everyone assumes that they are all alike -- it is like being under deep cover -- trust me when I say most of it is because he is black and by most I mean the very most, you just cant say it isn't.

I know my father in Nebraska would never vote for a black man. They quit going to the public pool when they allowed the coloreds. You just can't say race isn't a factor. The biggest problem Obama has is that he is fundamentally a good and intelligent man -- who actually screams family values with out saying a word about it. Tough to hate - but he has that black think going for him and that makes it easy - and here we are with a totally jammed up government. With a president that could actually move this thing forward.

Maybe you are hanging around with the wrong racist people?

I am also from Georgia. And it is NOT because he is black. It sure is easy to blame racism, though, isn't it? Why is it so hard to believe that we do not like his IDEOLOGY? Look at the people he hung around with (Bill Ayers, etc.)

The biggest problem Obama has is that he has no real experience. He's never been a part of the working world in the same way that the average person has. He's never run ANYTHING. Couple that with his ideology, and you have a recipe for failure.

That's why I have been a supporter of Herman Cain. He has REAL experience in the business world. I think he would understand the economic issues much better than Obama. Unfortunately for Herman, he has made a few political gaffes (comments about Muslims), so I think he may be finished. Race is not an issue.

You forget that without the support of many many white people, Obama would not have been elected. He has plenty of fans who are white. And, there are plenty of black people who are disgusted with him now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Most of this debt went stright into the back poclets and zionist baners and politicians will little reaching main street.

Tell them to stick the debt where the sun don't shine.

Think we have a march on washington in september and bout time too.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Google "Bush monkey picture" and check the images you get. So it's okay to make fun of a white man, and compare him to a monkey?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you going to respond to my last post Neo?

It's not nice to avoid people!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Google "Bush monkey picture" and check the images you get. So it's okay to make fun of a white man, and compare him to a monkey?

Your words not mine. Are you arguing the fact that "monkey" was among the racially charged words used pre-civil rights era? Lol. Why pretend like I'm pulling things out of thin air? There's been a tone of racism from the start, its not a hinted thing, its obvious and out in the open. To call a black man a monkey has a totally different connotation from calling a white man a monkey, they're both negative but the connotation is different. Call a black person a n***er then call a white man the same word, I bet you get totally different reactions even though the word originally meant "ignorant".

Stop playing stupid here. Racism is alive and well.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

didnt see any legislation by the democrats to stop him havent seen any legistaltion that has tried to reverse anything bush did.

already said it guess you just read what you want to,

and not a dog here i dont jump when someone says

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Watts

Again.

It is not about race, as for the majority of people in America. Sorry to crush your talking point.

You must have been so busy searching for a clever picture to insert that you completely failed to read beyond the opening sentence. I quite clearly stated that it plays a part but is not the main/only reason. Read more. You'll do better.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are avoiding the issue, Neo! The least you could do is try to finish what you started, unless you are willing to concede that I may just have a valid point. But I don't expect that to happen.

Also, I didn't ask you to jump. Only asked you to finish the conversation. What's the point of posting on the forums if you are going to run from a good debate?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

To call a black man a monkey has a totally different connotation from calling a white man a monkey, they're both negative but the connotation is different.

Barack Obama is half-white.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Your words not mine. Are you arguing the fact that "monkey" was among the racially charged words used pre-civil rights era? Lol. Why pretend like I'm pulling things out of thin air? There's been a tone of racism from the start, its not a hinted thing, its obvious and out in the open. To call a black man a monkey has a totally different connotation from calling a white man a monkey, they're both negative but the connotation is different. Call a black person a n***er then call a white man the same word, I bet you get totally different reactions even though the word originally meant "ignorant".

Stop playing stupid here. Racism is alive and well.

AH!!! Love it when racism is applied to one, but not the other.
Kind of like Farrakhan stating that Blacks can't be racist, only the White Devil can.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Watts

Again.

You must have been so busy searching for a clever picture to insert that you completely failed to read beyond the opening sentence. I quite clearly stated that it plays a part but is not the main/only reason. Read more. You'll do better.

So taking 1% in to affect applies how?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

what you want is to get me to admit its bushs fault even tho 2006 bush became a lame duck and those same democrats who authorized over 2 trillion in expenditures for those last 2 years are still in congress.

sound about right?

fyi i am doing other things here than just to hang on every post i receive.

and already stated bush has some blame but nothing near of what obama and the left has and thats a fact.

and i did see an attempt by someone here to push the federal reserve off on the republicans

ok so yeah whatever
edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

covert muslim spy, a pseudo-nazi, non-american etc has nothing to do with race, I can not speak to the monkey thing, as I do not recall ever seeing that. I do recall a stir about a political cartoon that eluded to the "its so easy a trained monkey can do it" but again, that wasnt racist, that was just pointing out that even a moron could do it. At best, it was calling the man-boy in chief a moron and there is no racial stock on being a moron. I have met plenty of muslims, non american and nazis that were of varying racial backgrounds. Stop playing the race card, it is asinine and insulting. People use the race card and other name calling, mud slinging because they can not argue the issue based soley on it's own merits. I contend that YOU are the racist by using this pathetic excuse of an argument, almost like it were a crutch. Obama should get a free pass from the idiotic policies he has because he is black? really? go home and develop some intelligence.

Once again, another person that didn't read beyond the opening sentence before making an emotionally driven reply with no real basis. When did I even hint that he should be afforded some kind of "pass" because of his race?? Lol you guys are hilarious.

reply to post by macman

reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

reply to post by SM2

Here you go, even though you've already shown you don't read beyond the first sentence:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.guardian.co.uk... (Even a former President agrees)
racerelations.about.com...
themoderatevoice.com...
abcnews.go.com...
limbaughbook.blogspot.com... (the grand racist of em all - Rush Limbaugh)

Eat shoe. Go argue non-facts among yourselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This is from well over a year ago. Isn't it about time you stop trying to shift the blame for Obama??? He WANTED, He GOT IT and now HE OWNS IT. And that isn't just the perks of the job, it is the rest of the mess. A mess he and the Democrats have done NOTHING to actually deal with. Instead of addressing the economic problems they heap MORE government spending on a smaller tax base.

Give me a red pen a month and the ability to REPEAL laws and I could get this country back on its feet. Why couldn't Obama and the Democrats??? [Repeal the Free Trade agreements just for a start)

At a certain point, a president must own a presidency.... President Obama, in office a month longer than Bush was when 9/11 hit, now owns his presidency. Does he know it? He too stands on rubble, figuratively speaking—a collapsed economy, high and growing unemployment, two wars. Everyone knows what he's standing on. You can almost see the smoke rising around him... It's his now. He gets the credit and the blame. How do we know this? The American people are telling him. You can see it in the polls. That's what his falling poll numbers are about. "It's been almost a year, you own this. Fix it."

The president said last week, at a San Francisco fund-raiser, that he's busy with a "mop," "cleaning up somebody else's mess," and he doesn't enjoy "somebody sitting back and saying, 'You're not holding the mop the right way.'" Later, in New Orleans, he groused that reporters are always asking "Why haven't you solved world hunger yet?" His surrogates and aides, in appearances and talk shows, have taken to remembering, sometimes at great length, the dire straits we were in when the presidency began.
This is not a sign of confidence....

The problem isn't his personality, it's his policies. His problem isn't what George W. Bush left but what he himself has done. It is a problem of political judgment, of putting forward bills that were deeply flawed or off-point. Bailouts, the stimulus package, cap-and-trade; turning to health care at the exact moment in history when his countrymen were turning their concerns to the economy, joblessness, debt and deficits—all of these reflect a misreading of the political terrain. They are matters of political judgment, not personality....

The result of all this is flagging public support, a drop in the polls, and independents peeling off.
In this atmosphere, with these dynamics, Mr. Obama's excuse-begging and defensiveness won't work.

Everyone knows he was handed horror. They want him to fix it.

At some point, you own your presidency. At some point it's your rubble. At some point the American people tell you it's yours.

The polls now, with the presidential approval numbers going down and the disapproval numbers going up: That's the American people telling him.
online.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

Once again, another person that didn't read beyond the opening sentence before making an emotionally driven reply with no real basis. When did I even hint that he should be afforded some kind of "pass" because of his race?? Lol you guys are hilarious.

reply to post by macman

reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

reply to post by SM2

Here you go, even though you've already shown you don't read beyond the first sentence:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.guardian.co.uk... (Even a former President agrees)
racerelations.about.com...
themoderatevoice.com...
abcnews.go.com...
limbaughbook.blogspot.com... (the grand racist of em all - Rush Limbaugh)

Eat shoe. Go argue non-facts among yourselves.

Oh, gosh. Jimmy Carter said it. It must be true.

Forgive me. You are right. Jimmy Carter said we don't like Obama because we are racist. I had no idea I was a racist.

FYI-how do you know what my race is?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join