It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt ceiling bill to be voted on tomorrow under congress martial law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Saw that on Fox News. Martial law in congress is not the same thing as martial law in the streets.

Martial law in congress means that all rules are suspended and that way, they can pass a bill real fast in both the house and senate... which they couldn't do normally.

So prepare the KY...

A previous example :
Statement by Robert Greenstein: House Leadership Invokes “Martial Law,” Forcing Members to Vote on Key Bills Without Full Knowledge of What They Are Voting On: Move Represents Erosion Of The Democratic Process

The House Republican Leadership has announced its intention to have the House vote, before adjourning on Friday or Saturday, on several major pieces of legislation that are not yet available to House members in final form because behind-closed-door negotiations on the proposals are still going on. The Leadership apparently intends to use a process known as “martial law” to allow these bills to be brought to the floor very shortly after negotiations are completed, with the result that Members of the House are likely to have virtually no time to examine and consider the details of the legislation before they will be required to vote on it.

Basically... you have to pass the bill to know what's in it.

So that's what they gonna do again.

Update : They are in committee right now trying to ``stir up the bill to get enough votes``... nothing so far...

If they pass nothing by the markets opening tomorrow, it's gonna be a bloodbath... which they LOVE since it will give them political capital to cave in and pass the bill... even if it's total crap.... never mind US markets... Europe will open soon.

Update 2 : Treasury calls bankers to New York meeting on debt

Executives from the nation's largest banks will have an opportunity Friday to ask Treasury Department officials face to face about what will happen if Congress fails to raise its borrowing limit before next week's deadline.

The Treasury late Thursday invited 20 of the largest banks to a meeting to discuss an upcoming quarterly auction of government debt. The discussions will take place at noon at the New York Federal Reserve.

Aka scaring congress into voting the ``right way``... pathetic.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What does prepare the KY mean?

Never heard that before is it slang or something real?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

is there a lInk Yet? ima look for one. ( It's There way of saying! You dont like it? Oh well Fvck U we are going to do it anyway )

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
wow we are really going to get hosed tomorrow.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

yup i went religious because my soul is the only thing the government cant steal

link   
www.youtube.com...

This is what happened during the banker bailout, Congress Marshall law.

link   

Originally posted by kro32

KY jelly is often labeled as the "sex lubricant"... It is also noted for it's use as lubricant for a not so common area of sex.

Basically what the OP was saying, is that all Americans should prepare for "butt rape" after what ever gets passed during this martial law of congress - i.e. "prepare your anus".
edit on 28-7-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

link   

It means lube yourself up you are about to be penetrated....

The American people are about to get screwed.

You know - these are the type things that if happening 30 years ago would have warranted American military intervention in Central and South American countries.

Welcome to the new Banana Republic of the USA!

Out government have basically become the thugs, criminals and con-men we used to fight so hard to keep out of power in other places.

O.o

edit on 28/7/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

link   

KY is lube... because you are about to be raped by the government, yet again.

When scum like Boehner, Pelosi, Reid and McConnell write a bill and you have to pass it to read what's in it, you know it's bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Gaaaarrrrr

How much more of this crap are we going to take? How much longer can these idiots keep doing things that don't truly represent the people?

How are any single one of them representing the people if they don't know what their are voting on!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

And the banker bailout was glaring example of what happens when the American people aren't represented. They are about to do it again, and....i don't know what to do but I can barely stand it.

If I write a letter, my congressman won't give a hoot. I'm a blue girl in a red state. If I protest, no one will no about it.

I feel so helpless and i hate it

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

KY jelly is often labeled as the "sex lubricant"... It is also noted for it's use as lubricant for a not so common area of sex.

Basically what the OP was saying, is that all Americans should prepare for "butt rape" after what ever gets passed during this martial law of congress - i.e. "prepare your anus".
edit on 28-7-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

Actually we've been butt raped without the astro-glide for over a year now......this just means they're calling in Mandingo to finish us off for the end shot to the eye.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

When scum like Boehner, Pelosi, Reid and McConnell write a bill and you have to pass it to read what's in it, you know it's bad.

Gotcha, I didn't make that connection.

Now I learned something today lol

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
wow we are really going to get hosed tomorrow.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

yup i went religious because my soul is the only thing the government cant steal

Well, they sure are trying.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
you would think they would at least buy you dinner first.
edit on 28-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is non news(it figures it came from Fox)
The Dems in the Senate will NOT vote through any BS bill brought about by the House Republicans. It won't happen which is why they are trying every scare tactic that they can think of.

If anything is going to happen, Obama will invoke the 14th Amendment and force the House to raise the debt ceiling without ANY vote or compromise.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I find it interesting that all of a sudden Obama wants to abide by the Constitution. He didnt care about it so much when he started (and still is) bombing foreign countries that are no threat to us. And he didn't raise a finger when the FED was gifting away America's money to corrupt institutions.

The Constitution is not a buffet, you can't just take the parts you like

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Brain hurts,
a legal motion to create an illegal procedure which allows for a legal condition to have a legal vote on an illegal unconstitutional entity to control and expand more illegal debt..............legally?

Gawt Damn I'm swimming in a swirling black vortex of fiscal insanity.
Why hasnt there been some serious ass kickings all these years

I'll bite the bullet on the ky but i insist on a reach around.
edit on 28-7-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

They are going to screw us, the little people. Oh, no!

The little people are not helpless, they have their champions.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

nice break down on KY.

ya we will prob get some broke off in us and will prob be back for more in a year.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is still a possibility that it will be shot down on the basis that no one got to read it before voting. There have been a lot of complaints about that tactic, specifically after the first round of bailouts. In any case the debt ceiling is a non-issue. If they raise it, we go further in debt. If they don't, we possibly default. Either way there will be lots of people unhappy with D.C. Thus I say sit back and watch the house of cards come tumbling down.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join