It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue-Green Algae Plague Increasing Around the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I hadn't realized how serious this is becoming until I searched Google News for reports just from this week and was genuinely surprised by the number. Has anyone heard of this issue near you?

Here's a link to a blog with a list of areas affected: Blue-Green Algae Areas Affected

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
I hadn't realized how serious this is becoming until I searched Google News for reports just from this week and was genuinely surprised by the number. Has anyone heard of this issue near you?

Here's a link to a blog with a list of areas affected: Blue-Green Algae Areas Affected

Google Jellyfish and you'll see another big problem growing out of control.

There's alot of things threatening the world at any given time I imagine.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nodularia (from the article) is actually a bacterium, but looks very much like slimy algae. It is the bane of aquarium keepers and signals a dirty tank with insufficient filtration---and it toxic to a lot of organisms.

It sounds to me like pollution and climate change is catching up with us in not so good ways.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I live in KS and 2 of the 3 local lakes have been closed because of blue green algea. Lake Perry and Milford lake

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by kro32

last time i checked we rank way up above jellyfish and algae, on the worlds problem list

you alone pose a bigger treath kro

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
I live in KS and 2 of the 3 local lakes have been closed because of blue green algea. Lake Perry and Milford lake

2nd that.

Perry was the lake I went to all the time, till a couple weeks ago. Clinton and hillsdale are still open for now, but are much smaller.

With the heat wave and all, it is a real bummer to no be able to go to the lake.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's recently caused several lake closings here in oklahoma, even caused adverse heath problems for a state rep.
We have had it before but never this bad that I can remember.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by kro32

last time i checked we rank way up above jellyfish and algae, on the worlds problem list

Feel free to step forward and volunteer to be the first human to voluntarily self-terminate, if that is what your planetary ethics dictate that humans should do.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by kro32

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No, i didnt realise, humans are everywhere! Its getting out of control!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There is always a problem. This to shall pass. Before to long it will be winter and y'all will be complaining about where all the snow is coming from. Me too im sure, but I will be out in it on my sled. wo0t

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

did i say humans are a treath to the planet? YES

did i say we are overcrowded and need to start dropping dead?
NO

please read before you "make every post matter"

you must be having depopulation nightmares

oh and uh

ethics and dictate in the same sentence

lol
edit on 29/7/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

top topics

join