It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. debt impasse overshadows positive economic data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well as predicted.

The prolonged debt ceiling deliberations have increased the possibility of a rating change or outlook change, or both for the United States government's Aaa government bond rating. Nevertheless, it remains our expectation that the government will continue with timely debt service, and that our review for downgrade will more likely than not conclude with a confirmation of the Aaa rating, albeit with a shift to a negative outlook. However, if there were a default on a Treasury debt obligation, a downgrade would likely follow, even if the default were swiftly cured and investors suffered no permanent losses.

So the US has to default first to likely be downgraded, which ofcourse will not happen with the high hat of the fed.
Now lets see the (any) bill passing so the ceiling can be raised.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ZeroHedge is fine if you realize what it is. It's a financial news tabloid. You might as well call it the Enquirer of Financial news. Much like the Enquirer is a muckraking hyberbolic source for celebrity news ZH is the same for financial news. It's entertainment for those that enjoy financial news, and especially sarcasm and cynicism. However much like the Enquirer occasionally finds legitimate gems (just ask John Edwards) you cannot totally discount everything from ZH just because it's ZH.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I know it's silly but sometimes I wonder if people who use Zerohedge as a source have seen the movie Fight Club.

I'm sure there are some poeple that don't realize that, Tyler Durden is a fictional character.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Apparently Tyler Durden at ZH is not always the same person as well. I truly enjoy ZeroHedge but all Tyler Durdens are not created equal. I like the names they use though and Tyler Durden is definately appropriate.

<< 1   >>

join