It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Knife of the Year: Benchmade 915 Triage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just another feather in the cap for Benchmade. I checked out one of these a couple of months ago at a local gun show and wish I would have bought it then. Great design, ergos and craftsmanship.

Go Benchmade! For three years in a row they have captured the knife of the year award from the Shooting Industry Academy.

The Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence presented its 2011 Knife of the Year Award to Benchmade Knife Company for the model 915 Triage™. The awards were presented during the Shooting Industry Masters event on July 22 in Bowling Green, Kentucky. This was the 20 anniversary of the Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence.

"The Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence Knife of the Year award is extremely meaningful to Benchmade," says Les de Asis, CEO and Founder of Benchmade Knife Company. "We are very honored to receive this award because it not only recognizes our high-quality American-made products, but also the dedication and hard work of our employees."

The 915 Triage™ is an excellent utility tool, featuring a folding knife, a safety hook and a carbide tip glass breaker. Built with Benchmade's patented AXIS® locking mechanism, this knife uses N680 corrosion resistant blade steel and has textured G10 handle scales available in orange or black. It's the first time ever that Benchmade has manufactured a multi-functional tool. Unlike any other product in the Benchmade line, this tool offers multiple uses and variations. For more information on the 915 Triage, please visit: www.benchmade.com/915

www.benchmade.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Better off with some scissors, can never find a decent pair of them, and ill never understand americans with their obsession with weapons.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Awesome!! I'm about to try an find a orange 1 locally...Go Giants!!!!!
The Best World Series Champions Ever!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
looks like somethin china makes everywhere, besides the amazing hook, thats what i have always needed on my knife a hook, ill pay an extra 50 dollars for that hook, makes me druel

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

knives are tools first havent been primary weapons for about a century now ya know the old saying dont bring a knife to a gun fight.....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

or dont get in a fight at all

no guns here in the UK

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I agree. Its not just Americans though, its humans all around the world who are obsessed with weapons. I had to read the topic title a few times as I thought it said "2011 Year of the Knife" and was expecting it to be some report about crime.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Oh yes, because only Americans manufacture, buy, and use knives. It's not a weapon, it's a tool. Your oh so renowned scissors are a weapon just as much as a knife like this is.

Thanks for the chuckle to go along with my morning coffee.

reply to post by thegoods724

Except China uses junk Steel and mechanism that bind up and fall apart in a few months.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
Better off with some scissors, can never find a decent pair of them, and ill never understand americans with their obsession with weapons.

weapons , destruction , big trucks ....

its a self esteem problem they have to make up for there little "packages". What they lack down south they will project with weapons destruction and big trucks

Don't believe me ? just ask american women who constantly seek anacondas instead of worms lol

as for the knife

i vote this

www.geekologie.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Its a multipurpose rescue tool! Funny how you see it as a weapon. I see it as a device that may just save my life or the life of a family member. These should be standard issue for every first responder.

-Very capable blade
-Safety hook for cutting seat belts and clothing in a first aid situation
-carbide glass breaker which is critical for fast and efficient entry/exit of automobiles especially when submerged in water. (happens all the time)

Its only a weapon if you want to be one.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I always wondered if these "safety hooks" in fire/medic knives would work as gut hooks.

Anybody know?

Is there any difference at all between a "skin and gut" knife and one of these "rescue" type knives besides aesthetics and marketing?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

no guns here in the UK

No guns in the UK? Yeah, that's a flat out lie. The difference is, only your criminals have them.

In addition to that, you made a mistake by calling out Americans with knives, when the UK is known for its crazy amount of people going around knifing each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As a guy that goes camping, fishing and hunting it looks like a tool instead of a weapon to me. I'll be totally honest, in looking at the knife in the OP its usefulness as a weapon didn't even cross my mind. Instead, I was thinking of its usefulness around camp, in the woods, on the boat or dressing out game - and it looks like it would be pretty handy for those tasks.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Its only a weapon if you want to be one.

Thats the UK condition, knives have so much bad publicity, which is deserved because morons like to stick them into other people over stupid things like rumours or money. But ultimately its the idiot wielding the knife that is dangerous rather than the knife itself.

link   

no guns here in the UK

Yeah you guys definitely set the bar high for not having fights. Especially at your "footy" games.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I always wondered if these "safety hooks" in fire/medic knives would work as gut hooks.

Anybody know?

Is there any difference at all between a "skin and gut" knife and one of these "rescue" type knives besides aesthetics and marketing?

I don't know for sure - but from the looks of the pic it would work as a gut hook. At least that's what I'd attempt to use it for.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I bought a Benchmade about 7 years ago ,,, thought I was crazy spending $160 on it but I still have it, use it nearly every day and its the best knife I've ever owned.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

no guns here in the UK

Lol

Arent you fantastic and civilized. Want a cookie?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Anybody know?

I think it would depend on the hook design in general. Personally, I think the design of the Triage hook would make for quite an effective gut hook do to its more open design. Other rescue hooks from different manufacturers like Gerber are too enclosed to work as a gutting tool.

Compare the Benchmade hook to this Kershaw gut hook.

They are pretty close in design.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I bought a Benchmade about 7 years ago ,,, thought I was crazy spending $160 on it but I still have it, use it nearly every day and its the best knife I've ever owned.

Never understood why people think that a $150+ is expensive for a knife. I mean high end knives are not cheap chinese junk. Yet you can see it happen all the time especially at gun shows. "Thats way too much for a knife," says the guy carrying $2k+ in scopes and new guns.

Eh to each his own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join