It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europol: Right Extremists are not the MOST dangerous.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi,

Translation started:

Though Friday's horrific terrorist attack in Norway was carried out by an extreme right-winged Norwegian, maintains the European police cooperation Europol that militants continue to pose a far greater terrorist threat in Europe than right-wing extremists.

"Many now ask whether there has been too much focus on Islamist terrorism," said Europol spokesman Søren Kragh Pedersen.

"But our clear message is that one must not underestimate the threat from Islamist terrorism and that we still must focus on the environment."

Europol will in the light of the terrorist attack in Norway focus greater attention on the threat from right-winged extremists, because the tragedy shows that terrorist attacks can come from any extreme environments.

But Søren Kragh Pedersen also stresses that it is very unusual right-winged extremists carrying out major terrorist attacks.

The right-winged extremist worries of Europol, but usually they are committing environmental crimes such as assault and arson.

Europol's annual reports of terrorist attacks in Europe in recent years also shows that right-wing extremists have not filled large in the way of terrorist attacks .

In 2010 right-winged extremists where not noted for a single terrorist attack in Europe, while left-winged extremists were behind 45 attacks. The vast majority of terrorist attacks in Europe were carried out by separatist movements, especially in Spain and France.

Islamists stood behind the three conducted terrorist attacks in Europe in 2010, 179 Islamists were arrested for planned attacks around the world.

Meanwhile, Islamist terrorist attacks another character than separatist movements because the Islamists often go after killing many people.

Translation ended.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...:europol-højreekstremister-ikke-farligst.html

Thanks,
edit on 28/7/11 by Hilltaker because: Source edit.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Hi Hill,

I appreciate and respect your time spent translating.

These people are wrong because ALL EXTREMISTS are a danger to others.

It may start in the home, when an extremist of some sort victimises spouses or children.

EVERY EXTREMIST IS A DANGER TO OTHERS.

Why do I type this in capitals? Because my father was an extremist and I became damaged (not intentionally).

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Terrorism is terrorism, regardless of the underlying motivations. All potential threats to national security should be investigated and dealt with. It is the mentality of a terrorist and what causes someone to undertake such extreme measures that is more of a cause to study and analyse, rather than whether they are as Islamic or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

I don't know if I'd call this guy a terrorist in the strict definition of the word. I agree with what you say but terrorist is becoming more and more a subjective term. Like communists some years ago...

If I could put my spin on your statement; a murderer is a murderer and all must be punished accordingly.

ETA: I'm operating on the assumption that a madman would believe killing people will bring others to their side. If everything we've been hearing about this man is true (which I seriously doubt) then he must have at least had above-average intelligence if for no other reason than his planning of this murderous operation. You have to admit, he pulled it off with great skill (allegedly).
edit on 28-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: extra content

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi,

Thank you for your nice words.

Can I ask you why YOU got damaged? - Ex. my father was extremly violent, he died when I was 11.

He beated up mom and his "freinds" and everybody. - Maybe except me I guess.

I think the reason I think twice before hitting my wife is actually because he was a damn monster.

Thanks,

top topics

join