It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! Your pharmacy may KILL YOU on purpose!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well,this is fun. I do not know about US, but if here pharmacist will lie about giving wrong medication it is lost license 100% and probable lawsuit. So loosing a job but not harming the person vs loosing the ability to work as pharmacist and maybe huge fine/jail and harming the individual..... Pretty clear choice to me.
Mistakes do happen,we are people after all. There is what insurance for pharmacies is for,check of prescriptions after each shift is needed and this is it. But not calling the patient..... This is not only unprofessional, but immoral too.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons my Wife and I get to know our pharmacist. Although the the pharmacy is in a chain store (Target) we are on a first name basis with Melissa and she knows us by sight.

The pharmacy will not give out prescription medication if she (or one of the part-time pharmacists) is not on duty behind the counter, they even shut down the pharmacy while Melissa is on lunch.

I wholly disagree with the "Drive-thru" pharmacy, even for maintenance medications, because of the sensitive nature and life threatening results of a simple mistake. I personally think the practice of "Drive-thru" pharmacy's should be banned.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Dreamwatcher because: Spelling

edit on 27-7-2011 by Dreamwatcher because: Clarity..I Need more COFFEE.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
UPDATE:

If any of you are like me, you will be very happy (you just dont understand...!!!) that the lady in question did investigate the meds she recieved and tried to return them. Yet, she was refused, so now she seems to be taking it up with her doctor and the store. Now she's requested the corp office number and with hopes, something can be done.

This actually bugged the hell out of me. Even though I'm 6 hours away and have nothing to do with this, it bothered me to no end.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

These tragic pharmacy happenings are down right scary. Anyone taking any medication should learn to inform themselves. I take a few hands full of medications.

Every time I am prescribed a new medication I go to a pill identifier site like the following: www.drugs.com...

Also, anyone taking medication needs to learn the word contraindication. Make sure your med's do not cause you harm. Here is another site to check for contraindications: www.drugs.com...

It's the same site actually. We like to think our doctors and pharmacists have nothing but our best interests at heart. Mostly they do. It's up to the patient to do their own homework. After all, it IS your life.

Good post OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here's a link to the LA Board of Pharmacy if anyone needs to make a compliant.

LA Board of Pharmacy

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Thanks!! I will pass this along right this second! I know she will appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pharmacy's don't kill you on purpose..

Idiots will kill you, but not Pharmacy's.

Anyway this sounds like an isolated incident, to lump all Pharmacy's is ridiculous.

People do make mistakes, Pharmacy's are no perfect than fast food, how many times have you been giving the wrong order of food???

Just like the food you order, you check it before you put it in your mouth. DUH!

It seems the OP has issues with all Pharmacy's...

edit on 27-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
how many times have you been giving the wrong order of food???

Just like the food you order, you check it before you put it in your mouth. DUH!

I had zero issues with pharmacies untill today. Though, I was very hasty in giving you that star

So.. How many times have I been givin an incorrect order of food?

Probably about 90% of the time I got to a fast food place. They're NEVER 100% right. They always forget something. But... Mickey D's is filled with teens who dont give a damn anyways. Pharmacies are SUPPOSED to be filled with people who at least have an education and sense...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Pharmacy's don't kill you on purpose..

Idiots will kill you, but not Pharmacy's.

Anyway this sounds like an isolated incident, to lump all Pharmacy's is ridiculous.

People do make mistakes, Pharmacy's are no perfect than fast food, how many times have you been giving the wrong order of food???

Oh wait.. I'm not done with you yet, smarty pants...

How can you pretend to know me? I was making a post dealing with a serious issue. Apparently, IF you read the posts presented here.. You will find that it's a much bigger issue. You say it's a problem with idiocy, but you chose not to look at the responces, just attack me personaly. If you had, you would see proof of it. I presented the original post because I actually give a damn about my fellow man/woman. You, however, give the impression and heart of a rock! Hard, cold and just as ignorant.

As you said.. "Just like the food you order, you check it before you put it in your mouth. DUH!"

Check the thread you're reading before you put your foot in your mouth... DUH!

Back atcha buddy.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's not your post that I attacked, it's your header "Your pharmacy may KILL YOU on purpose!
What a load of BS to say my Pharmacy would try to kill me...

Idiocy will kill you but not a Pharmacy!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Let's not forgot the Ruby Tuesday incident that killed a person who was allergic to shellfish or something. They were sued! So there are consequences for your actions when whether you are selling food or prescription drugs. If your too careless someone maybe killed and you/your business/and or your employer may have to suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator

Let's not forgot the Ruby Tuesday incident that killed a person who was allergic to shellfish or something. They were sued! So there are consequences for your actions when whether you are selling food or prescription drugs. If your too careless someone maybe killed and you/your business/and or your employer may have to suffer the consequences.

It's funny that people rely on others to put food in their mouth.... I think some people never look at what they throw into their mouths. lol

I'm allergic to grapes and love Italian food... I take a chance every time I go out and eat Italian food... however I always ask to see the person who is cooking my food, let them know, no wine... plus by looking and talking to them I can tell if their focused or not...

The same with pharmacies, look and talk to them.... it's really no different than fast food.... Pharmacy's go through thousands of pills a day and hundreds of people. Doesn't matter how educated they are when you have those numbers.... It's only common sense that keeps you alive.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's not your post that I attacked, it's your header "Your pharmacy may KILL YOU on purpose!
What a load of BS to say my Pharmacy would try to kill me...

Idiocy will kill you but not a Pharmacy!

"may" is the operative word here. I did not say WILL. And again, as I've said... Someone was gracious to put up a refrence to just how common it is. 10k cases and 7k+ deaths.. I would think that it's a serious issue, wouldnt you?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator

It's funny that people rely on others to put food in their mouth.... I think some people never look at what they throw into their mouths. lol

I'm allergic to grapes and love Italian food... I take a chance every time I go out and eat Italian food... however I always ask to see the person who is cooking my food, let them know, no wine... plus by looking and talking to them I can tell if their focused or not...

The same with pharmacies, look and talk to them.... it's really no different than fast food.... Pharmacy's go through thousands of pills a day and hundreds of people. Doesn't matter how educated they are when you have those numbers.... It's only common sense that keeps you alive.

perhaps.. but thats why THEY get paid the big bucks and your local cook does not. I'm sure he would have more of a reason than a phamacist to take you out.... and I mean quite litteraly. Piss off the girl at the window and see if you dont have a glob of spit in your burger..

The problem is... Tell ya what.. You know it all.. You figure it out.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Now your getting all technical lol.... Your "may" suggest it will kill you if need be... it express's an opportunity to KILL YOU...

That's how your header reads....

Which is BS, I know my Pharmacy wouldn't do that, at least hope not...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Vioxx was removed by the company itself, it was never government mandated. Know your facts before you spew the government is trying to kill you.
edit on 27-7-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There's only a handful of pharmacies in the town you mentioned and it wouldn't be hard to do a little checking to find out which one is doing this. Maybe it would be a good idea to edit the town name out so that your friend doesn't get in any type of trouble from you posting your conversation here with her. Just a thought as I know there are some who might try to cause problems.

Best of luck to your friend and it is nice that she is being honest. It just may save someones life!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

(Huggies)..

thanks a lot I told my wife this before I hung up with her after reading your post and now she will not stop laughing at me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join