It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. officials believe al-Qaeda on brink of collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

U.S. officials said that al-Qaeda might yet rally and that even its demise would not end the terrorist threat, which is increasingly driven by radicalized individuals as well as aggressive affiliates. Indeed, officials said that al­-Qaeda’s offshoot in Yemen is now seen as a greater counterterrorism challenge than the organization’s traditional base.

I think this is why the death of Osama wasn't met with as much fervor as predicted. By making the al-qaeda group look so accomplished, and making them infamous, you set the ground work for more martyers, and yet more terrorist groups.
when one steps down, another will want to take their place. Though there is some credibility to the thought process that by dimantling the figurehead will lower the ire of any remaining members.

Despite being a bad guy, Osama was charismatic and a strategist. The question that remains here is can these groups produce another?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
www.washingtonpost.com...

U.S. officials said that al-Qaeda might yet rally and that even its demise would not end the terrorist threat, which is increasingly driven by radicalized individuals as well as aggressive affiliates. Indeed, officials said that al­-Qaeda’s offshoot in Yemen is now seen as a greater counterterrorism challenge than the organization’s traditional base.

I think this is why the death of Osama wasn't met with as much fervor as predicted. By making the al-qaeda group look so accomplished, and making them infamous, you set the ground work for more martyers, and yet more terrorist groups.
when one steps down, another will want to take their place. Though there is some credibility to the thought process that by dimantling the figurehead will lower the ire of any remaining members.

Despite being a bad guy, Osama was charismatic and a strategist. The question that remains here is can these groups produce another?

I would say they are on the brink of collapse due to American budget cuts so the CIA has no more money for Al-CIADA

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Haha what a great comment, but they obviously plan to spearhead the terrorism industry dont they, so what say you, whos next, Right wing Christian fundamentalists ? I think we've seen enough mental conditioning to realise its going to be (look like) 'homegrown terrorism'

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

U.S. officials said that al-Qaeda might yet rally and that even its demise would not end the terrorist threat, which is increasingly driven by radicalized individuals as well as aggressive affiliates.

Yeah, that's hilarious. "Well, it's been 10 years, the angry brown people look like they might stop soon (no evidence given), it's now time to worry about the angry white people next door to you."
edit on 27-7-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No worries, we'll always have someone to shoot at and save the rest of the world from. The defense budget might be cut but the offense budget is off the books.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Seem a bit of a coincidence since Obama Bin Laden just announced the war on the mafias of the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i wouldnt say they are on the brink of collapse.. if anything this movement is gaining momentum and membership.
maybe the coalition are losing the battle here and seeing as most of it was fearmongering stories in the press, should be an easy way to put this to bed.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
A building can collapse, because the bricks are stacked.

When the bricks are bought and payed for, one by one, and scattered to the wind like dust.
It won't collapse. It might be renamed, so we can declare victory over the previous nomenclature.
But it will continue...Bob-Qaeda, Brigade of anti Americans, whatever.

But we'll instill fear in ourselves, and allow our pockets to be picked. While we stand there paralyzed with media influencing our judgement.

They will have Beards, will be brown, and have some relationship with energy. And we'll hate them too..yep.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I would say they are on the brink of collapse due to American budget cuts so the CIA has no more money for Al-CIADA

I know, RIGHT!

Listen people, clearly the CIA must quit focusing their energies on al-Qaeda in order to more effectively combat an even deadlier threat here in America....a NEW ENEMY...more vile than any the U.S. has ever seen before!

THE WHITE MALE ULTRA CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN DOMESTIC TERRORISTS WHO LURK IN EVERY COMMUNITY RIGHT NOW!

DUN, DUN......DUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!

edit on 31-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join