It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn rocking back and forth?? What if CW Leonis were really Nibiru? Link inside.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I would like to know that also, I had just assumed that all telescopes would orient the view properly automatically. The argument earlier in the post is claiming that all do not. If there are telescopes that do not orient the view to the user, I agree that we need some examples of these telescopes.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

If there are telescopes that do not orient the view to the user, I agree that we need some examples of these telescopes.

Most telescope designs produce an inverted image at the focal plane. These are referred to as inverting telescopes. In astronomical telescopes the inverted view is normally not corrected, since it does not affect how the telescope is used. In terrestrial telescopes such as Spotting scopes, monoculars and binoculars, prisms (e.g., Porro prisms), or a relay lens between objective and eyepiece are used to invert the image once more to a correct orientation. There are telescope designs that do not present an inverted image such as the Galilean refractor and the Gregorian reflector. These are referred to as erecting telescopes

en.wikipedia.org...

Further, if you had bothered to read my first post, you would have encountered this Alice-in-Wonderland situation:
calgary.rasc.ca...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just looking for the make/model of an over the counter telescope I can go buy that will give me a photo of the moon upside down or reversed.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Just looking for the make/model of an over the counter telescope I can go buy that will give me a photo of the moon upside down or reversed.

Any make or model telescope will do that. Normally, a refracter will show the image "right side up," but if you use a right angle adapter for the eyepiece, the image will reverse. Reflector telescopes normally invert the image. Adding a Barlowe lens can cause the image to flip left to right. Catadioptric systems can get even more complicated.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The article was first posted on Donny Gillson's You Tube account (look under the description)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

The article was first posted on Donny Gillson's You Tube account (look under the description)

Would you please summarize this forty minute opus and explain why anyone should bother to watch it?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
so niburu is following elenin by a few months and it travels on the same path?

thats why there were a few threads about some scientists saying that elenin may be hiding something behind it, space ship or something...

lets assume there is a planet niburu behind elenin, can it influence the movement of the comet and cause it to collide with earth?
edit on 31/7/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

No. I don't even know where you got that idea.

thats why there were a few threads about some scientists saying that elenin may be hiding something behind it, space ship or something...

No. No scientist is saying that. Some yellow journalist from Argentina is trying to create that impression, based on an "April Fools" joke on the web.

lets assume there is a planet niburu behind elenin, can it influence the movement of the comet and cause it to collide with earth?

Why should it? The Nibblers are coming after our gold, remember? They need us alive so they can enslave us to do their mining for them. Seriously, if you're going to buy into a hoax, be consistent about it!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Most of them, if not all of them.

Correcting the images (right side up/left/right) would need an additional lens ("barlow lens"). In the sky, there is no "up" or "down" or "left" or "right". Since any additional lens/optics will degrade image quality to some extent, for astronomical reasons such a correction optics is not used.

Of course, Stellarium would show planets, Saturn etc. "right"...which explains his "flipped" Saturn which he compared to Stellarium. That paper was so full of nonsense it was very hard to even read a few sentences, and i mean a 7 year old can debunk most of what he stated.
edit on 31-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

No. No scientist is saying that. Some yellow journalist from Argentina is trying to create that impression, based on an "April Fools" joke on the web.

Why should it? The Nibblers are coming after our gold, remember? They need us alive so they can enslave us to do their mining for them. Seriously, if you're going to buy into a hoax, be consistent about it!

why are you commenting on a thread when you didnt even read the link posted in the op?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Any make or model telescope will do that. Normally, a refracter will show the image "right side up," but if you use a right angle adapter for the eyepiece, the image will reverse. Reflector telescopes normally invert the image. Adding a Barlowe lens can cause the image to flip left to right. Catadioptric systems can get even more complicated.

I found a fairly simple article from SpaceRef.com with an article 'Image Orientation - why is everything upside down?' and the following easy to understand quotes:

"Depending on the type of telescope, images may appear correct, upside down, rotated, or inversed, from left to right."

"Saturn is not something you see everyday. ...would not know if it's upside down or not."

"When you view an automobile upside down, you recognize that this is not correct."

I would imagine that anyone who has ever looked at the moon through a telescope would know this and anyone who has ever photographed the moon would be aware of this.

In an OP piece like this one where the tilt of Saturn's rings is almost central, it is still mystifying to me why those photos are used as some sort of proof. It has almost the opposite effect. In other words, if there really was some aberration to the tilt or a concert perturbation Earth and Saturn as viewer and viewed this sort of thing could actually stunt all inquiry. It's almost like there is something wrong and this piece was deliberately put together to make it seem like it's all hokey. Just my thought.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Most of them, if not all of them.

Correcting the images (right side up/left/right) would need an additional lens ("barlow lens"). In the sky, there is no "up" or "down" or "left" or "right". Since any additional lens/optics will degrade image quality to some extent, for astronomical reasons such a correction optics is not used.

Of course, Stellarium would show planets, Saturn etc. "right"...which explains his "flipped" Saturn which he compared to Stellarium. That paper was so full of nonsense it was very hard to even read a few sentences, and i mean a 7 year old can debunk most of what he stated.
edit on 31-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Yes - I read the same online articles you did. Can't agree with you on Stellarium showing planets etc. "right." Don't automatically believe any online program. I found the article fascinating but then I'm not 7 years old. I'm beginning to suspect that this article was plagiarized and hoked up for some reason. Because it's still going on here for 11 pages I suspect that it's true purpose is to be found very locally.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

why are you commenting on a thread when you didnt even read the link posted in the op?

Why are you assuming I didn't read the steaming pile of lies linked to by the OP if you obviously haven't read any of my previous posts?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

becuase thats where it states the so called niburu is following the elenin comet.

look at the pictures in the link, its a few months behind elenin...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

becuase thats where it states the so called niburu is following the elenin comet.

Everything in the OP's link has been thoroughly debunked. Please, please read the thread before commenting.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Everything in the OP's link has been thoroughly debunked. Please, please read the thread before commenting.

i went through the thread. it said nothing about my question.

ok so the information is false, why would niburu follow elenin but it still you have no clue what my question was becuase you didnt answer it... the answer for it would either be a yes or a no.

my question was based to the link

"so niburu is following elenin by a few months and it travels on the same path? "

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

i went through the thread. it said nothing about my question.

ok so the information is false, why would niburu follow elenin but it still you have no clue what my question was becuase you didnt answer it... the answer for it would either be a yes or a no.

my question was based to the link

"so niburu is following elenin by a few months and it travels on the same path? "

Pay attention. I did answer it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The person who wrote the piece in the OP's link simply started referring to Comet Elenin as "Nibiru." None of it made any sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It not just saturn thats changing its intended Trajectory. Its Earth too. The normal seasonal wobble is being thrown completely out of wack. The Poles are starting to tilt. Me and my father were sitting on our dock on the family farm earlier today, when he mentioned something that caught my attention. He said "You know whats wierd?" i replied with the only possible answer no, what? He began to point out these 3 dead trees that have stood in our pond for some time now. He says "Usually on this day, (My dad has visited the pond every day on August 1st since he was a child and sat on the dock, a tradition, since it was my grandfathers birthday, they would go eat at our pond house, but i digress)... --"Usually on this day, the sun will set imbetween the tree on the left, and the tree in the middle. Over the past 2 or 3 years, i have noticed it now sets Halfway between the tree in the middle, and the tree on the right."

I know this must be hard to follow, so i have draw up a simple diagram to show what i am talking about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does anyone think this is a little strange? We clearly have a definate reference point. and a Reference Date which is checked every year. My dad is a Farmer in south Georgia, so he notices wierd things like that, as he is supposed to with his land. Niburu is approaching i fear. And all ancient prophecies just might be coming with it. The simularities between saturn's obscure movements in comparison with trajectory paths of niburu through the infamous "Chiperbelt Gap" (Sorry not sure if spelled correctly) lead me to beleive the only to blame is the illusive 12th heavenly body of the solar system, NIBURU.

edit on 2-8-2011 by TLOCKE because: I am weary, and filled with unrest, and accidently misdated the information. i Clearly idnt know what the current date was at the time my father made the comment, so, as i am writing this post, i hecked my computer to see the date, it said the 2nd, stupidly, i hadnt noticed the clock change past midnight. My mistake!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The problem with the electric universe is that it involves interactions between plus and minus charges. Nothing of that sort is detected or observed in the universe.

LOL... I guess I need to throw my jumper cables away then
Debunking is one thing, and I usually just skip over your posts when I'm reading threads, but wow, really?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join