It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. returns 33 Mexican troops who strayed into Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - U.S. Customs and Border Protection inspectors returned 33 Mexican soldiers on Tuesday who inadvertently crossed over the Rio Grande river into Texas, authorities said.

Apparently, the troops crossed the boundary line, and traveled to an inspection area.

"They were processed according to protocols, and they were released and returned to Mexico without incident or charges," he added, declining to say whether the troops were armed.

Sounds simple enough. They crossed an open desert by mistake....

In a statement late Tuesday, the Mexican military said the troops "unintentionally" crossed over the bridge while they were carrying out reconnaissance on the border.

Bridge? Wouldnt the military know of where bridges connecting the US to Mexico are?

The bridge links the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas with a stretch of Mexico's northern Tamaulipas state where the rival Gulf cartel and Zetas gang are locked in a bloody war for lucrative trafficking routes.

I just have to ask this. Dosent the Mexican military know what bridges connect to the United States?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oh yeh. They know. The question is why did they cross and did they accomplish their mission. I'm betting they did.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
so the US will return mexican military who accidentally cross because they defend the elite druglords of mexico, but can't send back illegals who know what they're doing. and i know why some people cross illegally, i'm just addressing the blatant double standard.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
sounds like they wer testing our control of things and how firm we are with their open army being so close i say next time its an arms race lol

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Plot thickens if true.

But a source outside of law enforcement and with knowledge of border activity said the soldiers were chasing a South Texas resident who had crossed into Mexico, and although the soldiers did not capture the individual, U.S. authorities did.

www.brownsvilleherald.com...

new topics

top topics

join