It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico judge sentences teen to 3 years for multiple assassinations, kidnappings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

MIACATLAN, Mexico (AP) — A Mexican judge on Tuesday sentenced a 14-year-old U.S. citizen to three years in prison for homicide, kidnapping and drug and weapons possession. Authorities say the teen confessed to killing four people whose beheaded bodies were found suspended from a bridge.

Edgar Jimenez Lugo, known as "El Ponchis," was given the maximum sentenced allowed for a minor in the central state of Morelos, said state prosecutor Jose Manuel Serrano Falmerol. Jimenez was tried in a state court because Mexico does not have a justice system to try minors at the federal level.

This is one of those stories that left me scratching my head. The kid is only 14 years old. Then again, he killed and kidnapped multiple people.

Authorities say the teenager confessed to working for the South Pacific drug cartel, led by reputed drug lord Hector Beltran Leyva.

Of course its cartel related.

When he was handed over to federal prosecutors, the boy calmly said in front of cameras that he participated in four killings while drugged and under threat. The bodies were found in the tourist city of Cuernavaca.

I just dont really know what to think about this story?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure why you're having difficulty on how you should feel about this story. I mean, 3 years? Come on! LIFE SENTENCE! He killed and kidnapped people and all he received was 3 years! That's, in my opinion, absurd!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Set him on fire on live tv, or telemundo.

Then do the same with the judge that allowed this.

Then anyone else that allowed this.

Now we have the plot for Boondock Saints 3.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That kid needs psychological attention..

Mexican newspapers said that he REALLY enjoyed torturing and killing people. Video recordings of his assassinations are a clear proof. I don't want to provide you any link to these videos, they're are very inhumane. Google them.
Decapitating a bunch of people, a 14 years old. I don't think he has a clear perception of reality after those evil actions.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

He's out in three years...anyone else see a problem with this?

CJ

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bea25b08f6c2.jpg[/atsimg]

It's hard telling how much actual truth there is to any of this.

In the video, an interrogator asks: 'How many have you killed,' as Jimenez responds, 'four'.

The soldier then asks: 'How did you execute them?’ The boy calmly adds: 'I slit their throats. I participated in four executions, but I did it drugged and under threat that if I didn't they would kill me.'

After he was captured, he said he was kidnapped aged 11 and forced to work for the Cartel of the South Pacific, a branch of the splintered Beltran Leyva gang, and that he had participated in at least four decapitations.

Daily Mail
Is this ↑ part true? Was he actually a victim himself? Did he wake up every morning with the fear of, "Today may be the day that they finally kill me and/or my sisters."

Or maybe this ↓ part is the actual truth. Maybe it was all about the 'easy money.'

Stories of a hit boy, maybe as young as 12, spread after a YouTube video appeared last month with teens mugging for the camera next to corpses and guns. One boy on the video alleged that "El Ponchis" was his accomplice. State and federal authorities refused to confirm El Ponchis even existed.

In the video, the youth told an unseen questioner that his gang was paid $3,000 per killing.

"When we don't find the rivals, we kill innocent people, maybe a construction worker or a taxi driver," the youth is heard saying.

MSNBC

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
He's out in three years...anyone else see a problem with this?

[color=CFECEC]Credited with time serviced, Jimenez will be released in December 2013, court officials told the Mexican press. Since he faces no U.S. charges, the boy will be free to move north of the border upon release.

I don't know what to think about this. This law or rule, is actually more of an incentive for the cartels/gangs, to recruit even more children.

But under judicial reforms enacted two years ago, Morelos state sets a maximum sentence of three years for offenders aged 12 to 15. Older minors can be sentenced to five years in prison, and those younger than 12 can't be tried at all.

My San Antonio

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

yes, that is the big hook, "they can't do anything to you but we can"

i say take the kid out with the judge, telling the cartels, that won't work.

either way, he is screwed. poor kid.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

but I did it drugged and under threat that if I didn't they would kill me.'

That's very likely... hell that's how the African drug lords operate... probably the same thing is happening in Mexico.

This is how they ``prove themselves worthy`` of being in the cartel... they do it or they die.. and if they don't the cartels are gonna kill them anyways.. so it's pretty ``simple`` choice... but fact is, you don't have time to think in these kind of situations, so fear alone will make you do it... only a few percentage of people will not do it...

So don't just try him on his crimes... give him a psychological evaluation beforehand to see if he's really a psycho or he was forced to do these things.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In three years this kid will be one of our neighbors. There was also this:

"When Edgar Jimenez Lugo and his five siblings were adopted out of foster care by their grandmother, she began receiving federal adoption assistance through San Diego Child Welfare Services. The children lived with their grandmother in central Mexico, and the aid totaled $3,700 a month. It ended with her death in 2004.
"The funding came from a federal program started in 1980 to encourage adoption of special-needs children. The aid is given whether the children remain in the United States or are moved out of the country, as Edgar and his siblings were.
"San Diego County currently provides federal adoption aid to 94 children living outside the United states--77 of them in Mexico."
[San Diego Union Tribune, 7-14-11]
edit on 27-7-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

This law or rule, is actually more of an incentive for the cartels/gangs, to recruit even more children.

Regardless of the rule, I think they would still attract the youths. Many are poor and want to live the glamourous life that cartels present. Anyway, kids are being recruited.

Experts’ concerns about the increased use of child soldiers by Mexican drug cartels were affirmed Wednesday after a bloody confrontation between members of Los Zetas and Jalisco State Police at a cartel training camp resulted in the arrest of 10 members, five of which were in their teens. For cartel hit men, indoctrination starts young, Vanda Felbab-Brown, Brookings Fellow and expert on international conflict tells Security Management. The cartels start interacting with the kids at 12 or 13. By 14, kids are working as lookouts or couriers. By 16, they’re working as hit men and managing hit squads, she said.

www.securitymanagement.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I am unsure of your point.

I was not stating that as a cause.
I clearly said that it is 'more of an incentive.'

top topics

join