It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Could Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Today's headlines 1) NY Times 2)CNN are very Troubling to most Americans.

It seems fair to say $902,877.43 per minute for foreign oil or 39 Billion Dollars paid out to These Guys is crippling to the US economy, further more "These Guys" have also contributed to this COST over the years.

The question here is why can Bill NAT GAS Act (H.R. 1380) sponsored by U.S. Rep. John Sullivan (R-OK) receive one of those Executive Orders or at the least be fast tracked through the House and Senate. The lack of attention to this bill makes me wonder if they really care about Americans or are they benefiting directly or indirectly from The Unlucky or Shady Deals.

Funny thing here is when you Google (U.S. Rep. John Sullivan (R-OK) is the sponsor of the NAT GAS Act (H.R. 1380)) Google returns this link which pull up dead link at U.S Congress url.

I think it is easy to see when America is spending this much $ on war and OPEC oil we are bound for financial trouble. Most of us can not get our head around the fact Natural Gas could change our lives and Policy abroad. Consider this if Washington would have drafted and passed Natural Gas bills. Maybe even given 15% or 20% of the 600 Billion allocated to the failing banks ect, we would most likely not be where we are.

I wonder what Visa or Master Card would say if you called them up and said I need to have my credit limit (2x) or (3x). Yea - Try It!!

The tread is intended for information and awareness - IMHO I think most of you here have an open mind for the most part and kind of see things out of the box. I am not politically motivated but when I see the state of our affairs and see the $ leaving this country, not to mention all the out sourced jobs it troubles me.

I for one will cast my vote for the NEW GUY, he may be Republican or he may be Democrat but this I know he will be NEW.

CLEAN SWEEP

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas007

I for one will cast my vote for the NEW GUY, he may be Republican or he may be Democrat but this I know he will be NEW

wasn't Obama supposed to be the "NEW GUY"??

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

I for one will cast my vote for the NEW GUY, he may be Republican or he may be Democrat but this I know he will be NEW

wasn't Obama supposed to be the "NEW GUY"??

I did not vote for him - I really mean the replacement of the Congress and Senate, not sure where I stand on the President.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The fact that American's have driven cars twice the size and fuel consumption than their european counterparts for decades combined with the fact that until recently your industry has been relying on fossil fuels to power cheap production explains that fact that the US has always consumed more Oil than any other nation on the planet. The US demand is the problem and the lack of will from its civilians to look for an alternative to mass consumption.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Natural gas may seem like a cheap alternative now but it won't stay that way. Once our cars would be fitted to run off of it the demand goes up, so prices go up. Also we would still be using it to heat the majority of our homes, making our home gas bills go up. The real elephant in the room is the environmental destruction of fracking, the cost to our water tables and environmental cleanup will be one that lingers for generations. I'm not sure that jobs would even go up, as everyone being laid off from the oil/refining industry here may just even out with the new gas jobs produced. The profits may stay here in the US as opposed to the OPEC nations, but I'm not real confident the big energy companies would let any of it trickle down to us common folks, it will probably just all go to shareholders. Also since big energy is very good at finding tax loopholes the government wouldn't get there "fair share" either.
edit on 26-7-2011 by wiandiii because: added content

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The real answer is Hydrogen fuel from Water, some Scientists in Oxrod, England claim to be very close to producing an efficient way of delivering this fuel. Governments should invest all they have in this kind of technology research rather than buying bombs.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Clean Sweep? That's what we were supposed to have done in the last election. What happened was Washington hid the broom. the president instead of being Mr Clean turned out to be Mr...uh ..
He took some dirt up, and put more down. Seems America is about to be dumped into the trash can.
Unless we do a total clean sweep, and do it together in the next election, a ton of dirt will remain. It hides in the corners of the Capitol Building. In the White House, and even in many states. So truly you hit the nail on the head.
Yes: Clean Sweep. I for one will not vote for a single person that currently holds office. But I also know that the President was supposed to bring change. Well we got it. Change that is. We lost our way and now it seems the trash can is almost full of the grime of Washington.
"We're gonna need a bigger trash can"
good post. I will follow it you get the star. we need everyone to respond to the need for a clean sweep

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The fact that American's have driven cars twice the size and fuel consumption than their european counterparts for decades combined with the fact that until recently your industry has been relying on fossil fuels to power cheap production explains that fact that the US has always consumed more Oil than any other nation on the planet. The US demand is the problem and the lack of will from its civilians to look for an alternative to mass consumption.

From what I read 2/3 of the total oil consumption in the United States is for the commercial industry, therefor the above mentioned legislation will open up the process of converting the commercial industry over to Natural Gas but it will leave the private sector on oil.

At least this my understanding and if this is so then this would be a major savings for the American Economy.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

Clean Sweep? That's what we were supposed to have done in the last election. What happened was Washington hid the broom. the president instead of being Mr Clean turned out to be Mr...uh ..
He took some dirt up, and put more down. Seems America is about to be dumped into the trash can.
Unless we do a total clean sweep, and do it together in the next election, a ton of dirt will remain. It hides in the corners of the Capitol Building. In the White House, and even in many states. So truly you hit the nail on the head.
Yes: Clean Sweep. I for one will not vote for a single person that currently holds office. But I also know that the President was supposed to bring change. Well we got it. Change that is. We lost our way and now it seems the trash can is almost full of the grime of Washington.
"We're gonna need a bigger trash can"
good post. I will follow it you get the star. we need everyone to respond to the need for a clean sweep

Well lets call it "Total Clean Sweep" - Perhaps a roll away will be large enough. The point in your post and my intended point is vote new across the board - People need to get out and change there representation period.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiandiii
Natural gas may seem like a cheap alternative now but it won't stay that way. Once our cars would be fitted to run off of it the demand goes up, so prices go up. Also we would still be using it to heat the majority of our homes, making our home gas bills go up. The real elephant in the room is the environmental destruction of fracking, the cost to our water tables and environmental cleanup will be one that lingers for generations. I'm not sure that jobs would even go up, as everyone being laid off from the oil/refining industry here may just even out with the new gas jobs produced. The profits may stay here in the US as opposed to the OPEC nations, but I'm not real confident the big energy companies would let any of it trickle down to us common folks, it will probably just all go to shareholders. Also since big energy is very good at finding tax loopholes the government wouldn't get there "fair share" either.
edit on 26-7-2011 by wiandiii because: added content

Environmentally Natural Gas is the cleanest of the fossil fuel and we have enough in America for one century - This should be more then enough time to do away with combustion engines and roads.

The fact that we can keep the $ in America and stop funding the bad guys should be a major global political blow - Well just sell them big gas sucking HEMI in our pickup trucks they love to have..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The real answer is Hydrogen fuel from Water, some Scientists in Oxrod, England claim to be very close to producing an efficient way of delivering this fuel. Governments should invest all they have in this kind of technology research rather than buying bombs.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

IMHO the gov want a sure bet and in our case "America" there is plenty of Natural Gas - I think the RD is mainly DOD.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just find it hard to believe that our gov, has a solution "in fact an American Solution" in there backyard which would produce jobs and not just a few but "A Lot of Jobs".

Seems to me Washington has a cash flow problem, so the more people working the better the economy is going to be and if they can keep the billions of dollars in the American Economy, well it is a no brain er but then this would be an example of common sense and that clearly is lacking in Washington.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here are a few direct links which are not embedded in the above post.

1)Who is T Boone Pickens www.boonepickens.com...

2)His Plan for America and Natural Gas www.pickensplan.com...

3)Congress Legislative Activity Link www.house.gov...

The last one is most interesting as one can see what is actively on the floor or what is coming up to the floor - From time to time the Astute will notice activity, or pressure being applied to force votes on active legislation.

To be fair to the opposition I will post links below, but keep in mind, you can always check there voting record.

1)www.washingtonpost.com...

2)www.americansforprosperi... ty.org/051011-letter-opposition-afp-rejects-nat-gas-act-energy-subsidies-hr-1380

edit on 26-7-2011 by thomas007 because: added link and comment

edit on 26-7-2011 by thomas007 because: added link

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It seems like there are some who oppose change in Washington - To be expected, but when the change can help America by promoting JOBS, Cleaner Environment, Billions of dollars kept in America and the human factor regarding our armed forces it just makes me sick they put forth a case against corporate tax breaks and free market.

Seems to me it is a win win and if Washington has to take a hit on recovered taxes "then I say Suck It UP" it will come back to you, from the strong economy and gainfully employed people, in fact you ought to give all the manufacturing corporations a big break as well and maybe they will bring there jobs back to the states.

top topics

join