It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Army Ammunition Plant, reactivated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The plant who had been around since the 1940 was idled after a 2005 BRAC Recommendations, DoD recommended to close Kansas Army Ammunition Plant... they made fused 155MM ICM Artillery and 60MM, 81MM, and 120MM Mortar...

However... in my capacity as a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor (I help disabled people go back to work) I have been told the old Kansas Army Ammunition Plant plant has been reactivated on a new two year contract and will be hiring 70 people within the next tow months...

good news for the folks around here looking for work but it does make me wonder.... Why Now...?

Why the sudden need for new stocks artillery and mortar shells????
edit on 26-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Why the sudden need for new stocks artillery and mortar shells????

I think COLLECTIVELY DaddyBare you feel something. So concentrate more on what you feel and you may be right. Interesting that it is reopened, could be used for other related reasons also to keep in mind.

Be well
edit on 7/26/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It is a simple answer

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

You see the main plate of activity

It will happen soon

There will be states at war

Citizens at war with each other

and Citizens at war with TPTB

I pray for all my relations

DaddyBare, What of your cultures prophecies? Are they still to come or have we manouvered around them?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Something is brewing.

- 20,000 troops to be deployed domestically.

- Large military movements reported all across the country.

- Weapons plants being recommissioned.

- FEMA gathering supplies for God knows what.

- An increase in the already constant villainization of various Middle Eastern and Asian countries.

- My brother is in the National Guard, they have been doing extensive field exercises in recent months.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think something huge is in the works.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I recall that long before 2001, I was living in West Plains, Missouri. There was a small company there which designed, tested, and produced equipment for the US military. I knew a desert war was coming long before 9/11 simply because the equipment parked in their yard was painted that "desert sand" color. I saw that, and knew a desert war was going to be brewing somewhere. This plant re-opening is just such a sign/portent.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I heard on GLP(I know the source. Laugh out loud)
The military was doing "round-ups" in mid-July. The person I heard it from a halfway reliable source though, not too bat-shi+ crazy.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am pleased that someone keeps up with such depot activity observations and reports on it.

While there could be a multitude of reasons, profits and or budget eventual cutbacks, those reasons could also could have prompted those with such weapons sales concerns to have reacted to perhaps Obama's recent political difficulties with the budget and impeachment talks could be showing us some internal signs of unease among those that are currently ripping off the nation and in the industry of arms and munitions sales.

These government contractors could in effect be taking advantage of a system too out of control, so that the corporation decides and sets what the government will buy and then the US has to buy it and then has to of course by obligation,pay for it, thus making someone a lot of money in sales generated by those that sell the products and with no one in government to stop them from doing business for themselves in such a criminal fashion.

That would of course be any arms contractors insider dream of generating profits and I certain someone is doing it as we sit.

Could also be new arms sales to those middle eastern countries that are now heating up in Libya and other hot spots, but then again it could also be for the US domestic national scene where someone anticipates some near future emergency usage and or foresees engagements using such munitions against some foreign invasion or some civil war fears involving rioting and hordes of insane civilians going all out on the anarchy thing against TPTB.

Could even be for that Zombie invasion that the government warned us about.

It could be anything, but it does catch ones attention and for good cause, so in that regard, thanks for taking the time to post it. It informs and it is food for thought.

Noted and recorded. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I know you live close to where I live in Joplin......Where is this plant located?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

I know you live close to where I live in Joplin......Where is this plant located?

just a couple miles east of Parsons... just off the new 400 highway... in fact if I remember right as you leave Parsons heading towards Pitt's... it's the very next exit..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

thanks for the link. since I don't know squat about earthquakes really I can't say that just because the
maps look like something bigger is coming that it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Come out of her my people!
There are big things brewing....Syria, Iran,Libya, Somalia

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

DaddyBare, What of your cultures prophecies? Are they still to come or have we manouvered around them?

the Hopi have a well published Prophecy... been kind of embraced and taken over by the new age sect... that one is rather touchy feely everything peachy after the collapse and we rise again from the ashes... but they don't say how bad it will get before then...

My own people (Apache) do not make prophecies in that regards... to busy trying to stay alive and feed our families I guess... still there are the old stories... people who where here before us... achieved the most remarkable level of technology... that's were our legions of "Star Tribes" come from, people who live on other planets... Chaco Canyon is rumored to have been one their embarkation sites.

anyway... many of the older people believe we are destined to follow in their footsteps... vanish due to war, environmental upheavals spiraling down until we are simply no more then legends to who or whatever comes after..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I want to add that CURRENT CONFLICTS that have now been ongoing for 10+ years, plus regional conflicts that are not shared mainstream - has created a shortage of ammo. Yes its true, 10 years with two big wars has made an impact on supply - I would hazard to guess has also caused more training to happen = more rounds. Then you have your locals who are getting all stored up for the backyard war they are waiting on.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

Normally I'd agree with you... but...
this plant doesnt make regular ole bullets... they only make artillery and mortar shells...
not the kids of stuff backwoods survival groups would be placing orders for...

I also want to add... yesterday on our way into work... my daughter and I saw a truck carrying a HIMARS...
High-Mobility Artillery Rocket System
click the link if you want to know what a HIMARS looks like

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Well taken. Years ago I had a very good friend who worked at an Air Base with c-5s. It seemed BEFORE 911 she said to me I have worked at this base for years and others around me have been here for years and years and we have NEVER seen this kind of activity of cargo flights going out, flight after flight of stuff. She said to me I don't know what we are about to do but it is HUGE, HUGE - this was well before Iraq. She was in security they were doing a lot of armed loads, meaning secret loads with extra security. So much stuff, she said, so much stuff.

I do know though from being a Veteran of the current conflicts that we expend far more, more stuff - then you can imagine in your wildest dreams. You probably know that. This stuff could be headed anywhere though to include conflicts we are not involved with an might not become involved with. We could be heavily arming someone else, even some of your enemy's enemy is your friend. Its a strange world. Keep us posted on this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What's the status of other army ammunition plants like Radford, VA?
If one of the others were recently decommissioned it would make sense.
If not I would venture to guess that indeed some part of the world better dig in deep.
Just wish I had a clue where that someplace is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I know this is slightly off post, but you say you are near Joplin? As soon as I read that I immediately remembered it being reported that families were not allowed near the 'secret' morgue to see/identify their dead relatives. Has this situation been resolved in Joplin? Really left field, but if there was something 'wrong' with the bodies, could this ammunitions place have been re-activated because of something more local?

Told you it was left field!
thanks for the info...even here in Blighty we like to know what is going on over with you.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We're at war...............That's usually a good reason to make ammunition. Just sayin

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
They may have to replace their current stock due to safety regulations or something. I'm sure all military stores have a shelf life unlike North Korea who I doubt if even half of their shells still work.

That seems like the most logical reason to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Daddybare thank you for this post. It is an eye opener but not really a suprise with so much civil unrest throughout the world at this point in time the government culd be gearing up for good measure. however they may be just resupplying their stockpile from what we have used in iraq and afghanistan. eaither way this is big news for the people of the nation to know about. being as i live in cali I probably would not have heard about it for a while. thank you for shareing this with the community. I do feal however that something big may be on the verge of happening seeing as how we are not on the best of terms with some nations, but then agian tht is kind of common place too haha. at least on the bright side it will create jobs for that area and help stir the economy a tad. Please keep us posted on the going ons and if we hear of any more recently closed buisnesses of that sort reopening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join