It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 78 dead in Morocco military plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Report: 78 dead in Morocco military plane crash

www.forbes.com

RABAT, Morocco -- A C-130 military transport plane crashed into a Moroccan mountain Tuesday in bad weather, killing 78 people, the state news agency said. It said there were three survivors.

The crash in a southern region close to the disputed Western Sahara was this country's deadliest in years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www .washingtonpost.com
www.newsday.com
www.wlos.com

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It was a C-130 military plane, as you can see, and I'm wondering why it would crash. Sure, planes DO crash, but I'm interested to see why. The he plane was carrying 60 members of the military, 12 civilians and nine crew members. To me it looks like a hell of a plane. It can carry a heavy amount, also. "The C-130 can carry more than 42,000 pounds (19,051kg) of cargo". I'd like to see you opinions/comments/speculations.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

A C-130 can carry up to 130 full laden soldiers and is probably one of the most common military transport planes in NATO friendly countries. An old design though, been knociking around for quite some time and soon to be replaced in European Air Forces by the A-400M.

The Morrocans, for their part, are blaming bad weather. But if you're looking for another angle, this was in the disputed region of the Western Sahara, where there is a small on again-off again insurgency...

new topics

join