It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*snip*washington hashtag takes Twitter by storm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

i'm sorry but this is how Americans chose to revolt? this is crazy and useless...we are not ready.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Keenan and Kel? Sister sister? I mean it's commendable that you are so tuned out of garbage entertainment..but seriously, was the last time you "looked" 1998? Lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

It at least means that when the people that are more serious about change take action these people will be more receptive and likely to participate.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Democratic Underground is a Soros outpost isn't it? Seems more like a plan by tech savvy Democrat activists to stop Republicans from opposing the debt ceiling raise. I'm sorry to bust the bubble here, but that is how it really looks to me.
The IMF is now trying to strongarm Republicans by using a "the global economy is going to crash if you dont'" technique. Isn't that a replay of all the baillout/stimulus stuff ? When will people learn?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh the republicans don't care about the debt ceiling going up. They care about opposing Obama. If they cared about the debt ceiling they wouldn't have allowed it to be raised 19 times when Bush was in office.

Why do no republicans want to mention that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
I don't use twitter.
Could someone tweet ##youwashington for deciding internet poker is not okay but arming ruthless Mexican crime syndicates is okay.
Thank you.

Not to derail the thread, but, that is a good point. You do know why internet poker is illegal, don't you? It's about the government's ability to exact its share of the cash flow. That's all. Nothing else. Morality, vice, gambling addiction, are not factors at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
" to capture the mood of the Twitterverse."

lol. "twitterverse". nuff said.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Oh the republicans don't care about the debt ceiling going up. They care about opposing Obama. If they cared about the debt ceiling they wouldn't have allowed it to be raised 19 times when Bush was in office.

Why do no republicans want to mention that?

Well, I actually agree with you about the Bush era, and I must say that there are so many CFR in Congress, that they all allow this nonsense to keep happening. But I can tell you that any Democratic Underground activity I do not trust, because their goal is to RAISE the debt ceiling and create more debt and spending. So why keep going that direction when we know it's bad? Tea Party activists are already sending faxes to Republicans telling them not to cave.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
I don't use twitter.
Could someone tweet ##youwashington for deciding internet poker is not okay but arming ruthless Mexican crime syndicates is okay.
Thank you.

What's interesting is that all the tweets are at this link, yet when i search for that hashtag on Twitter, it only gives me 5 results. Censorship, much?

I'm actually rooting for a default. It might be what we need to wake up the populace and get the current jokers out of Washington.
edit on 26-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The debt ceiling will be raised.
It's not what you want to see happen, but it will be raised.
You have to wonder why Reps are so against it now though. I know they didn't just grow a conscience about it. when they have been raising it for 25 years or more.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Twitter always confused me, twits and twats and everything in between. I never understood it and probably never will. That is probably something I should tweet about...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The reason republicans are pressing against democrats so hard is because they have them by the balls and are wanting to get as much as possible out of the situation as they can, pretty simple.

edit on 26-7-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

The reason republicans are pressing against democrats so hard is because they have them by the balls and are wanting to get as much as possible out of the situation as they can, pretty simple.

Really? I thought it was because BOTH parties are realizing that Americans aren't as uninformed as they used to be.

BOTH parties' underlying solution entails RAISING the debt ceiling, therefore borrowing more from the men who compose the 12 banks who lend to the US.

America was effectively pimped out in 1913 when the Federal Reserve Act got passed.

The banks who lend to this great nation comprise of a group of MEN. This is not how the founding fathers wanted things to be and in fact fought vehemently against such tyranny.

The big six news community (MSM), our bought and paid for two party oligarchy government theater, and the systematic rape of our freedoms to change things, has effectively enslaved man by the control of information he is bombarded with.

The fundamental premise remains the same; If you are pushing to raise more debt, more borrowing from men who are unlawfully doing so, it can be construed as treason.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 10
edit on 26-7-2011 by Mr Objectivity because: Apostrophe to show posession!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
reply to post by wcitizen

i'm sorry but this is how Americans chose to revolt? this is crazy and useless...we are not ready.

I don't think it is useless, people have found a public outlet to express how they feel, and many people who wouldn't otherwise be exposed to such views are reading them.

No-one said this twitter hashtag was a revolution, that's your misinterpretation - but sparks can start fires was the idea, and the MSM would never publicise such views.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

If you are still buying into the Democrat/Republican charade, you are playing their game and supporting their heinous agenda.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You have to wonder why Reps are so against it now though. I know they didn't just grow a conscience about it. when they have been raising it for 25 years or more.

It's just a charade for public consumption, and the outcome is already decided and they are all acting out their roles.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Democratic Underground is a Soros outpost isn't it? Seems more like a plan by tech savvy Democrat activists to stop Republicans from opposing the debt ceiling raise. I'm sorry to bust the bubble here, but that is how it really looks to me.
The IMF is now trying to strongarm Republicans by using a "the global economy is going to crash if you dont'" technique. Isn't that a replay of all the baillout/stimulus stuff ? When will people learn?

Bearing in mind that they always state the opposite of what's true, it means that raising the debt ceiling will crash the economy and not raising it will harm the banksters massive appropriation of the nation's cash.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's just a charade for public consumption, and the outcome is already decided and they are all acting out their roles.

Sometimes I feel alone in truly understanding this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Sometimes I feel alone in truly understanding this.

Lol, me too, it can be a lonely place to be, for sure. It surprises me that many people still just don't get it....
edit on 26-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just took a look at the tweet feed and it's going mad with some good comments and it's even been on the news or so they say.

Can we audit the fed now please and if not then who the f*7k do we owe this money to if no one can tell us.

MAFIA Goverment ran by (Bribed by) zionist scum.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join