It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dead man' wakes up inside morgue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

A 50-year-old South African man woke up inside a mortuary over the weekend and screamed to be let out - scaring away attendants who thought he was a ghost.

His family presumed he was dead when they could not wake him on Saturday night and contacted a private morgue in a rural village in the Eastern Cape. He spent almost 24 hours inside the morgue, the region's health department spokesman told the Sapa news agency.

Full Story

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I would hate this if it happened to me, imagine how scared you’ll be.

Lucky he woke up i guess

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I personally think being buried alive is one of the worst, if not the worst, ways to die...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

For my it will be drowning

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Drowning wouldn't be so bad. When you are buried alive, it might take couple weeks before you actually die...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

'For me it will be drowning'

Dude, it's not inevitable! ALWAYS wear a snorkel and water wings! We can save you, dear Sir. I know those SCUBA tanks are heavy but perhaps you should go for it!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
reply to post by Alpal

Drowning wouldn't be so bad. When you are buried alive, it might take couple weeks before you actually die...

Ever seen the film Buried?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
reply to post by Alpal

Indeed.

Talk about a bad trip...

Knowing you're going to die.
Hope and hopelessness
Starvation and thirst
Defecation and foul odor
Silence
Can't see anything
Unable to move around
Insomnia
Bad dreams and hallucination
Breaking down of the internal organs
And that isn't even all of it...

I'll pass.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
wonder if any one screamed zombie and brained him? that would be sad in a funny funny way..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is Freaky, can you imagine anything worse happening to you, my sister tells me these stories about people waking up in a coffin and then scratch marks on the inside of coffin. Ya, don't know if that is true. Scary

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
my good man or woman your assumptions about taking weeks to die being buried are fictitious.
If your body is buried in a casket , other than the mass hysteria you will probably encounter, you will die peacefully by falling asleep due to the displacement of oxygen to your aspirations of carbon dioxide. Depending on the size of enclosure you will be dead in minutes or hours not weeks.

new topics

top topics

join