It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck in trouble over Norway-Hitler Youth jibe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Glenn Beck in trouble over Norway-Hitler Youth jibe

www.stuff.co.nz

In a monologue on the syndicated radio show The Glenn Beck Program, the conservative commentator said: "There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler Youth or whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Par for GB I guess.

But given he's a right wing nut job, and the shooter is a right wing nut job, the Nazi party was rightwing nut jobs, and the tea party has a youth wing (teapartystudents.org...) that is happy to have meetings and get togethers........it seems a little more than the usual stupidity from the man!

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

He's trying to justify the attack because the attacker was evidently a Zionist and Glen Beck is a Zionist himself. This is the reality of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To be completely honest- I despise Glenn Beck but this sounds a lot like a sarcastic comment taken out of context.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yes it is an offensive comment, but I asked myself the exact same question when the MSM was reporting on the camp.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Every political party I know of has a youth wing that holds regular meetings and annual conferences - why would it be any differnt in Norway??

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
the Nazi party was rightwing nut jobs

You do realize this is an incorrect statement by today's standards, which is what you are comparing it to. Technically he was a dictator and wanted FULL control of the government where as republicans want the gov't to have less control, while democrats want more.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood but that was my fault, I wasn't all that clear. I do not think they resemble the Hitler Youth but I do find the idea of a camp like this strange. If they are common this is the first I've heard of it and depending on what they do at these camps they could be dangerous. Obviously this is a huge tragedy and I mean no disrespect, my heart goes out to these people and their families but I found it strange myself.
edit on 25-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
To be completely honest- I despise Glenn Beck but this sounds a lot like a sarcastic comment taken out of context.

I can't get teh audio to play - it might be here - www.glennbeck.com... - but I cant' tell.

Perhaps it will work for you??

I note the apologists on that site pointing out that the youth were calling or boycots of Israel...as if not also calling for boycotts of Plestinian terrorists jsutifies the shooting??

as I said in a previous post - every party I know of has a youth wing....they are generally even more ideological than adults because they don't actually have a good handle on reality yet, and of course teh adult versions want to indoctrinate them ASAP.......but IMO that is completely irrelevant!

If you think it is important whether the kids were left or right wing nut jobs, whether they were calling for a boycott of Israel or banning the burqa then I think you are part of the problem here, and not prt of any solution!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

I think you misunderstood but that was my fault, I wasn't all that clear. I do not think they resemble the Hitler Youth but I do find the idea of a camp like this strange. If they are common this is the first I've heard of it and depending on what they do at these camps I would argue that they are not a good thing.

apaprently the island was donated to the Norwegian Labour Party many years ago, and has been used as a camp/retreat site for a long time - including this regular annual event by the youth wing.

As I say I don't see it any different from any othe youth wing of any political party - or any religous youth gathering or anything else along the same lines (many of which are multi-day events) - I'm not saying they are good or bad - just that hey exist & are perhaps more common than yuo think!

Obviously this is a huge tragedy and I mean no disrespect, my heart goes out to these people and their families but I found it strange myself.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I agree with you!

Look at the:

www.yda.org...
www.youngrepublicans.com...
www.yrnf.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am glad that I was never sent to a "political youth camp" as a child. I cannot imagine how strong this molds young minds to be accepting of submitting to Islam and the will of Allah. It is sad really that they are allowed to exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I am glad that I was never sent to a "political youth camp" as a child. I cannot imagine how strong this molds young minds to be accepting of submitting to Islam and the will of Allah. It is sad really that they are allowed to exist.

I have no idea how you can relate "political" with "allah"... seriously.

Cant we all think a bit before opening our mouths....? Sometimes... come on...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole

You do realize this is an incorrect statement by today's standards, which is what you are comparing it to. Technically he was a dictator and wanted FULL control of the government where as republicans want the gov't to have less control, while democrats want more.

What?

Because of what you personally think current Republicans and current Democrats in modern day USA, the Nazi party was not rightwing? How does that kind of reality work? Can you show me the chart of lef vs right and how todays US parties caused Hitler's party to shift from one to the other over time?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Wait a second..
*re-reads the post a couple of times*

ok....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

What the??? Did I miss where it was stated that it was an Islamic Political Youth Camp or is this just a really bad attempt at hijacking? Perhaps you should be collecting stamps

edit on 26-7-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole

Personally I think that modern republicans do want full control of the Govt - they might want it to be smaller - but they sure as heck want to control whatever of it there is.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

It appears that all of those at the camp are older teenagers. So, don't worry there aren't any kids being taught to submit to Allah.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hmm yes, Because youth political groups are the exclusive domain of the "right wing"

YEAH RIGHT!!

indoctrination knows NO political polarity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

But if the Tea party have youth groups then it's all good. I get your logic here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join