It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISE UP AGAINST: Rise of the Planet of the Apes! Is Hollywood warning us of something dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There was a thread started the other day about some pretty disturbing, albeit cool, biotechnology involving the creation of human/animal hybrids done in the U.K. at three licensed laboratories at universities.

Here's the story that broke the other day in full:www.naturalnews.com...

I thought to myself, yeah, I knew it would come down to this one day, myself having thought about the possibilities and applications of genetic engineering, and not concerning myself with ethics, only exploration in genetics having once been a student, before dropping out, and wanting to major in microbiology, and further it to one day have the education required to get me into a lab doing some pretty heinous, Frankenstein type "science" experiments, i.e. taking the muscular growth and development gene of a primate, specifically a gorilla, isolating it, and splicing it into a human embryo as an experiment to build a super-sized/strength soldier.

I know, sounds like a movie, and I sound twisted, but I was 18 and curious about the possibilities of playing God/Nature-Designer-Engineer-Artist.

A biology textbook actually inspired me, having learned they did essentially the same experiment, successfully, but did it with a mouse, and a rat. (the mouse had the mass/size/strength and body shape of a rat in the end).

So, needless to say, I have an interest in this field, and remember enjoying watching "The Island of Dr. Moreau"

Well...I went to the cinema the other day to watch Capt. America, which is a pretty decent flick, but what was even more exciting, than the actual movie I watched, was a trailer, an extended one of the one they have on youtube, of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. In one of the scenes they tease you with, is a researcher describing how they are using apes to facilitate research on curing Alzheimer's disease by injecting the ape's brain with stem cells, among other scientific terms used, but specifically remember stem cells into the brains of apes.

This scenario backfired in the movie obviously, which led to the apes becoming smart. The movie trailer doesn't have time, or whatever, to go into depth as to the scientific "fiction" employed to show a link in how stem cells, and increased intelligence in ape brains have a common bond, ignoring it, I was still curious as to how the writer's of the film would attempt to persuade it's audience with a scientific sounding explanation to quell the curiosity of the common sci-fi movie goer.

Here's the trailer for the movie, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes:"

So I'm thinking, that's pretty coincidental, the movie coming out on August 5th, the press releasing what they've been doing in three U.K. university laboratories, and then THIS is published TODAY. This is published by the author of the scientific article, not RE-published, copy pasted, and posted today, but PUBLISHED TODAY.

The title of the publication: Brain differences between humans and chimpanzees linked to aging

found on medicalxpress.org here:medicalxpress.com...

Okay, now FOR THE FUN PART. Ready?

I'll cut and paste some snippets, which basically say, the only reason chimps aren't as smart as humans is a difference in the way the cerebral cortex of a chimp ages, versus the difference in the way the cerebral cortex of a human ages, and a way to "fix" the problem of aging in chimp brains (which makes them not as smart as us, theoretically) is to guess how..."INJECT THEM WITH HUMAN STEM CELLS!" (the article does not say they inject them with human stem cells, but one can assume, with the recent release of the U.K. Labs with human and animal genetic research and development, this is how we can make them smarter. At least that's my take on it; I'm no scientist. I can make some easy connections if given enough information though.

The study "Aging of the Cerebral Cortex Differs Between Humans and Chimpanzees" is the first study of its kind in this field and will be published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on July 25, 2011.

"WILL BE PUBLISHED: TODAY" (just in time for Planet of the Apes scenario playing out in the Theaters, and news of UK labs producing human/animal hybrids in the news)

“Although other animals experience some cognitive impairment and brain atrophy as they age, it appears that human aging is marked by more dramatic degeneration,” said Dr. Sherwood, associate professor of anthropology in GW’s Columbian College of Arts and Sciences. The researchers used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to measure the volume of the whole brain and numerous specific internal structures using a sample of 99 chimpanzee brains ranging from 10-51 years of age. This data were compared to brain structure volumes measured in 87 humans ranging from 22-88 years of age.

Okay, they're taking pictures, and decided humans get dumber as we get older more dramatically than apes. The key to our brains demise...something about the clock in the cells of brains, telling it how old it is, or something like that.

Measurements of the neocortical gray and white matter, frontal lobe gray and white matter and the hippocampus were performed. In contrast to humans, who showed a decrease in the volume of all brain structures over the lifespan, chimpanzees did not display significant age-related changes. Furthermore, the effects of aging in humans were only evident after the maximum age of chimpanzees. As a result, the researchers concluded that the brain shrinkage seen in human aging is evolutionarily novel and is the result of an extended lifespan.

So, they're saying chimp's brains don't get dumber as their brains get older, and our brains shrink as we get older, because of the introduction of a longer lifespan.

The hippocampus, the area of the brain responsible for encoding new memories and maintaining spatial navigation, was of specific interest to the researchers, as this area is especially vulnerable to age-associated atrophy in humans. In addition, the hippocampus is the region of the brain most prominently affected by Alzheimer’s disease (AD), an illness that is only seen in primarily older humans. AD is a form of dementia that is associated with a loss of brain function, impacting memory, thinking and behavior. AD is a result of neurodegeneration, which is the progressive loss of structure or function of neurons, including the death of neurons. The unique vulnerability seen in humans to develop AD may be in part due to the human tendency to show more pronounced brain atrophy than any other species, even in normal, healthy aging. “What’s really unusual for humans is the combination of an extremely long life and a large brain,” said Dr. Sherwood. “While there are certainly benefits to both of these adaptations, it seems that more intense decline in brain volume in the elderly of our species is a cost.”

There it is. Alzheimer's Disease, and Chimpanzees in the same article. I know I'm drawing conclusions that aren't there, and connecting dots which may not be in the grand picture of this Planet of the Apes scenario.

I've come across numerous articles like "Scientists warn of Planet of the Apes Scenario," etc, and thought, nah...too far fetched. Even as I write this I still find it too far fetched (animals rising against the human animal for domination/elimination of the human species) but it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility...not entirely.

As I'm looking for material to support my theory that Hollywood may be trying to warn us, I stumble upon a book entitled "Fear of the Animal Planet: The Hidden History of Animal Resistance" by Jason Hribal

I did a search on Jason Hribal, he has only published one book that I can find, and is involved with PETA I believe as well, here's a bit from the book I found on another website:

“Until the lion has his historian,” the African proverb goes, “the hunter will always be a hero.” Jason Hribal fulfills this promise and turns the world upside down. Taking the reader deep inside the circus, the zoo, and similar operations, it provides a window into hidden struggle and resistance that occurs daily. Chimpanzees escape their cages. Elephants attack their trainers. Orcas demand more food. Tigers refuse to perform. Indeed, these animals are rebelling with intent and purpose. They become true heroes and our understanding of them will never be the same. The latest title in the ever-popular CounterPunch Series at AK Press. Jason Hribal is an independent historian and adult educator.

This was published almost a year ago, January 2010.

Now, I know I took some leaps of faith, but there is now hard science and definitive proof that we are doing some cutting edge science with primates, and speculation only lay in the what ifs.

Follow the money. Hollywood spent a LOT of money. Maybe more than the grant that funded the three labs in the UK doing the human/animal experimentation.

Ah, yes, btw, Alzheimer's and stem cells aren't new science, in 2007 scientist believe stem cells were key to stopping AD

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Scientists have moved a crucial step towards reversing symptoms of Alzheimer's disease by using stem cells. In a breakthrough bringing hope to millions, the cells repaired damaged parts of the brain and restored lost memory. It is the first time that stem cells have been shown to reverse the type of memory problems associated with strokes, Alzheimer's and degenerative brain diseases.

If it can reverse it in a human, think of what a stem cell could do to a similar structure organ, specifically the brain, of another ape, i.e the chimp, and or gorilla? Could it not only attach, and grow, but amplify qualities of the ape and start to try and regrow a neural network like the human brain, as it receives instruction via a HUMAN stem cell with human coding in it.

Mix it with an ape, and voila. Biotechnology that would make Dr. Frankenstein blush.

British Alzheimer's campaigners called the experiments a "major advance". More than 500,000 people suffer from Alzheimer's in Britain. Although some drugs can slow its onset, there is no cure. Many doctors believe the best hope lies in stem cells - the body's potent "master cells" which can turn into different types of tissue.

British, British, British.

Dr Mathew Blurton-Jones, a member of the team at the University of California in Irvine, said that in past studies, stem cells injected into the brains of animals had survived and become part of the brain circuitry. He told New Scientist: "We've now gone one stage further in showing that, once integrated, these new neurons are able to reverse cognitive deficits associated with neurodegeneration or neuronal loss.

"This study shows stem cells might benefit memory in stroke or traumatic brain injury - and potentially Alzheimer's disease. This has a huge potential but we have to be cautious not to rush into the clinic too early."

He stressed that much more animal work was needed before they can move on to humans.

"much more animal work" indeed! Remember, the above article quoted was published in 2007. My, my, looky how far we've come in 4 years.

Now, this is all speculative, and intertwined with loose analysis, but not to far fetched. I would REALLY like some video footage of some of the creatures that are being created.

Okay, so three labs in the UK have the license to play God, that's pretty cool, and human/animal hybridization although unethical sounding, is very fascinating to me, but imagine, if that's three universities admitting they're injecting stem cells into the brains of primates, then can you imagine what the U.S. and U.K. military are doing with this type of research.

I'll be doing more searches for stories of primate attacks that are bizzare in the future, looking for a book I almost wrote, but only got to the story/idea part. (I started smoking pot, and changed my major from microbiology, to theoretical astrophysics, and mary jane sent me off to want to do writing, and one of the stories I had was about the military training chimpanzees, and gorillas as soldiers, not involving any sort of genetic enhancements, just intense training, maybe some drug ape brain power augmentation via cns stimulants. This was to be a story of secret military operations using apes instead of endangering humans, and no one would ever know which country did it, and no human casualties as a result...probably got the idea from the movie Project X I think; the one with Mathew Broderick in it and the chimp and Air Force.

Anyway, strange coincidences, all connecting. I'm starting to see lots of coincidences connect in a lot of different conspiracies being posted on ATS, and it doesn't make any sense. It's all blurring together like none of it makes sense, but when you read, there are some that really seem plausible, but how can one scenario be likely to be on a level where it affects humans so greatly.

Comets, brown dwarfs, ufos, time travel, the freemasons and Oslo, hackers trying to create a revolt through rage against the machine, etc, etc, etc.

I'm just gonna have put all these conspiracies on the back burner, let my noggin chill from the overclocking, and data buffering, and just remember...it's all Maya. lol (well, it's all illusion till something knocks ya upside the head)

Hope you enjoyed my dot connecting, forgive me for anything that's speculative that I may have presented as "the truth"

quoted material is just that, quoted from reputable sources.

From "The Island of Dr. Moreau:" "if there is no more pain, is there no more law?"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not even going to touch this thread.. I will just sit back and watch the show..

On a positive note.. At least you did your research and put the thread together well.. so star for quality i suppose.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

These kind of genetic experiments gives me the heebe geebees; it's a line we must never cross.

Can't wait for the movie though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was originally going to just step on your thread because of the title, but it actually seems plausible.

Honestly, I believe it's just a simple prequel to Planet of the Apes but who knows.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Or it could simply be, Hollywood trying to make money by rehashing old movies and generally showing a lack of ability to make new movies , instead of sequels all the time?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I bet this was all planned by Charlton Heston back when they made the originals.....

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
remember the old movie KING KONG. It was about OIL. Now put that in todays standards.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It is predicted that within a few years time, the computer would be way more intelligent than the human brain. IMHO The Terminator films is a more likely doom scenario for humans than apes

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the problem will start when liberals start screaming ape "rights" and allowing them to form a civilization.

i wouldn't be to worried of an animal that spends 18 hrs a day masturbating, eating bananas and throwing turds at each other.

you could easy squash an ape rebellion by baiting them with a spare tire hung from a post and carefully positioning snipers to pick them off while they are distracting spinning around.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

No no, not the Terminator!

Clearly the movie "Flubber" is preparing us tor the inevitable!

Evil Flubber....scary thought...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
if we are that closely related to apes and human stem cells are proven to help/change apes, then why cannot scientists inject humans with the growth gene of apes to enable us to grow bigger/stronger more athletic?

surely that must have been attempted somewhere?

Uber-soldat anyone?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The Dark Knight Rising.

Somethings Up and RISING here hehe..

I think that the Apes to these ''çreators'' represent Humans

and the Subliminal here is they're about to Rise UP in Rebellion

against Gov'ts or atleast that's what they're trying to Imply, also

indicating something is about to go very awry on this planet.

edit on 26-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The premise is similar to Deep Blue Sea, with sharks instead of apes, also for the purpose of Alzheimer's research. So, at the very least, it's not an original idea. Although I imagine it would be easier to avoid the sharks.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yes!
Yes they are trying to tell us something.
They're trying to tell us that people will crate conspiracies about any and every damn thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiggersTheMan
The premise is similar to Deep Blue Sea, with sharks instead of apes, also for the purpose of Alzheimer's research. So, at the very least, it's not an original idea. Although I imagine it would be easier to avoid the sharks.
The premise of Rise of the Planet of the Apes is similar to the premise of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.(1972)
Minus Ricardo Montalban.
It's a remake, not a "message".
edit on 7/26/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
we could create new ape and human hybrids

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sajtion

I know the trailer didn't go into the science of the science fiction but would you mind?
How would the stem celled improvements of a rage ape be generational?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

A message over the span of 40 years, with several different feature film blockbusters, starring one of the most cinematically active gun activists, and you expect it to remain a remake! HOW DARE YOU How dare you even speak like that in these parts.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xemplar
reply to post by dethduck

A message over the span of 40 years, with several different feature film blockbusters, starring one of the most cinematically active gun activists, and you expect it to remain a remake! HOW DARE YOU How dare you even speak like that in these parts.
My bad.
The hell was I thinking.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/929684a55100.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well-made OP, curious to say the least.

Especially as when I read the title I thought, OK yeah, they are sending a message that if anyone rises up and tries to take over they will release viruses and then send every alphabet agency and the military to hunt and shoot you down!

But your take was good too! Far too much ATS and coffee this morning.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join